Horseshoe Bay Resort Hosting Texas Junior Amateur
DALLAS – Horseshoe Bay Resort is hosting the Texas Junior Amateur on July 23-25 as the state’s largest championship is set for its 92nd year.
Horseshoe Bay Resort has hosted the Texas Junior Amateur in seven of the last eight years. After spending 2016 at The Woodlands Country Club, the event returned to Horseshoe Bay on the Summit Rock and Slick Rock golf courses last year. This will be the second year that Summit Rock has hosted the Boys Division, while the other three divisions return to the renovated Slick Rock.
Summit Rock is a Jack Nicklaus signature course and opened in October 2012. The Hill Country style venue features a rocky terrain surrounded by native grass on each hole. The course has Bermuda fairways and bent grass greens, which will challenge all the golfers in the Boys Division.
“We’re happy to be coming back to Summit Rock for the Boys Division,” Kellen Kubasak, LJT Director of Operations, said. “The course offers a great test for our field along with Slick Rock for our Girls and younger Boys and Girls.”
Slick Rock was built in 1971 and designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. The course is known as a “hard par, easy bogey” course and features 71 bunkers throughout the 18-hole layout with a dozen water hazards. The par-4 14th at Slick Rock is a picturesque hole that has golfers tee off over a stunning waterfall and onto the fairway. The course was renovated in 2016 and updated with bent grass greens.
San Angelo’s Jansen Smith won the Boys Division last year after making an eagle on the final hole of the tournament. Smith holed out from 72 yards on the 54th hole to win by one stroke over San Antonio’s John Keefer. The win was Smith’s second of the year and he would go on to win Player of the Year honors in the Boys 15-18 Division.
Austin’s Sadie Englemann won the Girls Division at Slick Rock by one stroke over Dallas’ Hailey Jones, who was looking for her third straight win in the tournament. Englemann, who has committed to play golf at Stanford, posted rounds of 66-64-71 to get to 15-under 201 overall after 54 holes.
Argyle’s Gaven Lane won the Boys 14 & Under Division at 3-under after posting rounds of 69-72 in the 36-hole tournament at Slick Rock. Katy’s Lauren Nguyen won the Girls 14 & Under Division at 1-under 143 overall.
Other past champions of this event include Ben Crenshaw, Bruce Lietzke, Jeff Maggert, Stratton Nolen, Will Griffin, Angela Stanford, Annika Clark, Courtney Dow, Kaitlyn Papp and Jordan Spieth.
The Boys Division and the Girls Division will each play 54 holes with a cut after 36 holes, while the Boys and Girls 14 & Under Divisions will play 36 holes. The first round for all four divisions will begin on Monday, July 23.
Players earned their way into the Boys Division by earning an exemption or competing in one of 12 qualifying events across the state. Players in the Girls Division and the Boys and Girls 14 & Under Division were added based on the LJT Priority Entry System.
The Texas State Junior Championship is Golfweek and Junior Golf Scoreboard ranked, while the older Boys and Girls Divisions are recognized by the World Amateur Golf Ranking. Exemptions into future LJT Invitational Tournaments will be up for grabs along with AJGA Performance Stars.
For more information on the 92nd Texas Junior Amateur, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes