Woolf Maintains Lead at North Amateur
McKinney, TX – Travis Woolf uses a second consecutive 1-under par 71 to maintain his position on top of the North Amateur leaderboard after Round 2 at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club – Dye Course. Christopher Wheeler shoots an even par 72 good for 2-over par for the tournament and trails Woolf by four heading into the final Round.
Woolf, of Fort Worth, extended his lead at the North Amateur after carding his second 1-under 71 of the week at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club. He tallied a total of four birdies, including a front nine (his back nine) 2-under par 34.
Mother Nature had her eyes set on Stonebridge Ranch Country Club during Round 2 which halted play for over two hours. Due to heavy rain that saturated the golf course overnight and continued rain throughout much of the morning, the TGA Rules Committee had to suspend play as the course had become unplayable.
This rain delay seemed to help Woolf on his round. After carding two early bogeys on the back nine, Woolf birdied his first hole after play was resumed on the 412 yard par 4, 1st. After bogeying the par 5 3rd, Woolf added another birdie on four and six.
Sitting four shots back of Woolf is Christopher Wheeler, of Addison.. After carding a 2-over par 74 in the first round, Wheeler kept it clean with an even par 72 in round 2.
Starting on the front nine, Wheeler started off clean with a lone birdie on the short 514 yard par 5, 7th. After bogeying 10 and 11, he added his second birdie on the day on the 539 yard par 5, 13th.
The final member of the last group that will go off at 9:30 AM tomorrow is McKinney’s own, Jay Csipkes. Csipkes used his own 1-under par 71 to grab the final spot in the last pairing tomorrow. He carded a total of five birdies in his second round and will look to gain ground tomorrow on Woolf.
The low round of the day (and tournament) belongs to past North Amateur Champion, John Stollenwerck. Stollenwerck shot a 2-under 70 to sit six shots back on the lead. He won the 2014 North Amateur at The Courses at Watters Creek in Plano, TX.
Located in McKinney, a suburb in North Dallas, Stonebridge Ranch Country Club – Dye Course is hosting the Texas Golf Associations North Regional Amateur for the first time since the Regional Series inception in 2003. Opening in 1988, Stonebridge Ranch Country Club was designed by the great Pete Dye. Known for his Signature Golf Courses, the Dye Course offers challenging play along with the renewing qualities of the beauty that surrounds it. Stonebridge Ranch Country Club has been named “Best of Private Clubs” in 2017 Avid Golfer and has recently converted to MiniVerde greens with new bunker reconstruction.
A Part of the TGA’s North Regional Series, the North Amateur is the fourth and final regional event for 2018. The other three events, the North Four-Ball, North Mid-Amateur, and North Senior were all contested earlier on in the spring. Players must reside in the northern part of Texas (31st parallel, Salado, TX) to be able to compete in the 54-hole tournament. Applicants must also have a certified GHIN Handicap of 8.4 or less. Players finishing in the top three (and ties) after Sunday’s round, who are not already exempt, and within the top ten will receive an exemption in the 110th Texas Amateur Championship at Dallas Athletic Club in Dallas.
The final round of the North Amateur at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club will start at 8:00 AM off #1 and #10 tees. Woolf, Wheeler, and Csipkes will bring up the rear as they tee off at 9:30 AM off #1. For more information on the North Amateur, please click here.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes