Adams and Sadagopan Tied for Lead at George Hannon Junior Invitational
AUSTIN— Dallas’ Connor Adams and Vishnu Sadagopan of Pearland are tied for the lead at the George Hannon Junior Invitational with rounds of 1-over 72 in the opening round at UT Golf Club.
Adams played consistent golf all day. He had bogeys on the 392-yard par-4 3rdand the 400-yard par-4 6thwhich led him to shoot 2-over on his front nine. He was solid the rest of the way and made a birdie on the 562-yard par-5 14th to shoot 1-under on the back nine to get him back to 1-over for the day.
Sadagopan, on the other hand, had a more up-and-down day. After making three consecutive bogeys on holes six through eight he was able to birdie the 580-yard par-5 9thto shoot 2-over on the front side. Sadagopan went on to make three more birdies which were accompanied by two bogeys on the back nine to shoot 1-over-par for the day.
The leaderboard is stacked with 12 players within three strokes of the leaders.
Frisco’s Crosby Guercio, Jay Pabin of Lucas, and Richmond’s Stephen Campbell are sitting just one shot behind the leaders at 2-over.
David Harrison of Trophy Club, Austin’s Thomas Bockholt III, and Matthew Spaulding of Spring are all tied for sixth just two strokes back of the leaders at 3-over-par.
UT Golf Club is hosting the George Hannon Junior Invitational for the first time since 2013. The par-71 layout was built in Texas Hill Country and overlooks Lake Austin. The course borders the Balcones Natural Wildlife Preserve and can stretch out to 7,412 yards.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Abilene’s Karson Grigsby leads by five shots after an opening round even-par 71. He started fast by holing out his 60-yard approach shot on the 348-yard par-4 1sthole. Two bogeys on the front nine led him to make the turn at even-par. Grigsby was able to play steady for the remainder of the round and found himself on top of the leaderboard by quite a few.
Kaelen Dulany of Keller, Temple’s Daniel Moon, and Tanner Wardlaw of Dripping Springs are all tied for second at 5-over.
In the Girls 12-18 division, Austin’s Jensen Jalufka and Waco’s Eubin Shim sit atop a crowded leaderboard with rounds of 3-over 74 in the first round of the George Hannon Junior.
Jalufka started her round with a rollercoaster of a front nine. She opened with three straight pars but the next six holes would be a mixture of birdies and bogeys allowing her turn at 2-over. Jalufka was then able to steady herself by only allowing one bogey in her last nine holes.
Shim opened her round with six straight pars but ran into trouble making a double-bogey on the 385-yard par-4 7thand a bogey on the par-5 9th. After allowing yet another double-bogey on the par-5 11thShim was able to recollect herself and make back-to-back birdies to give herself a share of the lead.
Austin’s own Bentley Cotton, Ally Black, and Kaylee Vesely are all sitting at 4-over just one shot back of the leaders.
Temple’s Julia Garcia, Olivia Mitchell of Plano, and Frisco’s Gabbi Bentancourt are all tied for sixth just two shots behind the leaders.
This tournament is the third major event on the LJT schedule for the Boys Division and the second for the Girls Division. Players will earn double points towards the LJT Player of the Year Points List, which will determine the LJT Player of the Year in 2018 and define the teams for the Jackie Burke Cup in November
The final round of the George Hannon Junior Invitational is scheduled to begin at 7:30 AM off the first tee on Tuesday.
For first round results, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes