Adams and Sadagopan Tied for Lead at George Hannon Junior Invitational
AUSTIN— Dallas’ Connor Adams and Vishnu Sadagopan of Pearland are tied for the lead at the George Hannon Junior Invitational with rounds of 1-over 72 in the opening round at UT Golf Club.
Adams played consistent golf all day. He had bogeys on the 392-yard par-4 3rdand the 400-yard par-4 6thwhich led him to shoot 2-over on his front nine. He was solid the rest of the way and made a birdie on the 562-yard par-5 14th to shoot 1-under on the back nine to get him back to 1-over for the day.
Sadagopan, on the other hand, had a more up-and-down day. After making three consecutive bogeys on holes six through eight he was able to birdie the 580-yard par-5 9thto shoot 2-over on the front side. Sadagopan went on to make three more birdies which were accompanied by two bogeys on the back nine to shoot 1-over-par for the day.
The leaderboard is stacked with 12 players within three strokes of the leaders.
Frisco’s Crosby Guercio, Jay Pabin of Lucas, and Richmond’s Stephen Campbell are sitting just one shot behind the leaders at 2-over.
David Harrison of Trophy Club, Austin’s Thomas Bockholt III, and Matthew Spaulding of Spring are all tied for sixth just two strokes back of the leaders at 3-over-par.
UT Golf Club is hosting the George Hannon Junior Invitational for the first time since 2013. The par-71 layout was built in Texas Hill Country and overlooks Lake Austin. The course borders the Balcones Natural Wildlife Preserve and can stretch out to 7,412 yards.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Abilene’s Karson Grigsby leads by five shots after an opening round even-par 71. He started fast by holing out his 60-yard approach shot on the 348-yard par-4 1sthole. Two bogeys on the front nine led him to make the turn at even-par. Grigsby was able to play steady for the remainder of the round and found himself on top of the leaderboard by quite a few.
Kaelen Dulany of Keller, Temple’s Daniel Moon, and Tanner Wardlaw of Dripping Springs are all tied for second at 5-over.
In the Girls 12-18 division, Austin’s Jensen Jalufka and Waco’s Eubin Shim sit atop a crowded leaderboard with rounds of 3-over 74 in the first round of the George Hannon Junior.
Jalufka started her round with a rollercoaster of a front nine. She opened with three straight pars but the next six holes would be a mixture of birdies and bogeys allowing her turn at 2-over. Jalufka was then able to steady herself by only allowing one bogey in her last nine holes.
Shim opened her round with six straight pars but ran into trouble making a double-bogey on the 385-yard par-4 7thand a bogey on the par-5 9th. After allowing yet another double-bogey on the par-5 11thShim was able to recollect herself and make back-to-back birdies to give herself a share of the lead.
Austin’s own Bentley Cotton, Ally Black, and Kaylee Vesely are all sitting at 4-over just one shot back of the leaders.
Temple’s Julia Garcia, Olivia Mitchell of Plano, and Frisco’s Gabbi Bentancourt are all tied for sixth just two shots behind the leaders.
This tournament is the third major event on the LJT schedule for the Boys Division and the second for the Girls Division. Players will earn double points towards the LJT Player of the Year Points List, which will determine the LJT Player of the Year in 2018 and define the teams for the Jackie Burke Cup in November
The final round of the George Hannon Junior Invitational is scheduled to begin at 7:30 AM off the first tee on Tuesday.
For first round results, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 11 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...