Summers and Wright Win 2018 Womens Four-Ball Championship
Frisco – Faith Summers of San Antonio and Kenzie Wright of McKinney shot 7-under, 65 for the first round and 11-under, 61 for the final round of the Women’s Four-Ball Championship for a two-day total of 126, 18-under par, to win the Women’s Four-Ball Championship Title. Wright says they kept a positive attitude and played to each other’s strengths on the course. They started their second round with a birdie and ending their round with 5 birdies in a row on holes 14 through 18.
Dallas Baptist University teammates Brinn Fariss of Plano and Hanna Harrison of Dallas shot 66-64–130 to win first gross in the first flight in a scorecard playoff. Courtney Dow of McKinney and Brooke McDougald of The Woodlands placed second gross in the first flight. SMU teammates Kennedy Pedigo and Serena Shah finished first for net score in the first flight shooting a 64 the first day and a 66 the second day for a two day total score of 130 and winning a scorecard playoff. University of Texas at Arlington teammates, Sydney Garber and Madigan Murray, came in close second. Garber and Murray shot 63 on the first day and 67 on the second day.
In the second flight, Jewell Malick and Anna Schultz, both from Heath, came out on top with a 3-under, 69 by 3 strokes after being tied for the lead with Carolyn Creekmore of Dallas and Cynthia Dougherty of Corpus Christi, who shot even par today. Creekmore and Dougherty placed second in the second flight with their gross score. The Cassity sisters from Katy, Caitlyn and Grace, finished first in the second flight with a net score of 11-under after two days equaling 133. The second place net score winners, Lynn Bishop of Horseshoe Bay and Casey Washmon of Carrollton, shot a 68 both days for a two day total of 136.
The third flight gross score winners, Ashley Hawkins and Krista Newman-Manning, both from Fort Worth, shot 1-over par today for a two day total of 3-over par, 147. The second place gross score winners in the third flight, Kim Barrett of Woodway and Jan Rapp of Dallas, shot 76-74–150 for their gross score. Net score winners in flight three, Jeannie Goade of Frisco and Jennifer Lazar of Farmers Branch, shot a two day total of 132 while the second place net score was one stroke back at 133 and won by Margaret Allen of Georgetown and Linda Pryor of Cedar Park.
The fourth flight gross winners from McKinney, Patricia Carnes and Risa Tyo, shot a two day score of 153, made up by a 76 on the first day and a 77 on the second day. Tana Nelson of Allen and Norma Scott of McKinney took second place for gross score in the fourth flight with a 78-80–158.Susan Fullerton and Debbie Rabinowitz, both of Plano, finished with a 132 made up by a 75 on the first day and a 67 on the second day, to win the net fourth flight. In second place for the net fourth flight shooting 69-63—132 is Danielle Carrol and Amy Goodwin both from McKinney.
In the fifth flight, Mary Calcote and Judy Tanner, of Huntsville, won gross with scores of 77-84—161. Second place gross with scores of 82 for both days was Dianne Dillard of Bryan and Belinda Newman of College Station. Net score winners in the fifth flight were, Margie Barlow and Linda Bowser of Montgomery shooting 63 the first round, and 68 for the final round with a total of 131. Mary Burum and Cheryl Wright shot 68-70–138 and second place net.
The next event in this year’s women’s competitions is the Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship, which will be contested on October 15 -17, at Northgate Country Club in 2018.
The Texas Golf Association would also like to thank the membership and staff at Stonebriar Country Club for hosting this year’s Championship. For full results, click here.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes