Summers and Wright Win 2018 Womens Four-Ball Championship
Frisco – Faith Summers of San Antonio and Kenzie Wright of McKinney shot 7-under, 65 for the first round and 11-under, 61 for the final round of the Women’s Four-Ball Championship for a two-day total of 126, 18-under par, to win the Women’s Four-Ball Championship Title. Wright says they kept a positive attitude and played to each other’s strengths on the course. They started their second round with a birdie and ending their round with 5 birdies in a row on holes 14 through 18.
Dallas Baptist University teammates Brinn Fariss of Plano and Hanna Harrison of Dallas shot 66-64–130 to win first gross in the first flight in a scorecard playoff. Courtney Dow of McKinney and Brooke McDougald of The Woodlands placed second gross in the first flight. SMU teammates Kennedy Pedigo and Serena Shah finished first for net score in the first flight shooting a 64 the first day and a 66 the second day for a two day total score of 130 and winning a scorecard playoff. University of Texas at Arlington teammates, Sydney Garber and Madigan Murray, came in close second. Garber and Murray shot 63 on the first day and 67 on the second day.
In the second flight, Jewell Malick and Anna Schultz, both from Heath, came out on top with a 3-under, 69 by 3 strokes after being tied for the lead with Carolyn Creekmore of Dallas and Cynthia Dougherty of Corpus Christi, who shot even par today. Creekmore and Dougherty placed second in the second flight with their gross score. The Cassity sisters from Katy, Caitlyn and Grace, finished first in the second flight with a net score of 11-under after two days equaling 133. The second place net score winners, Lynn Bishop of Horseshoe Bay and Casey Washmon of Carrollton, shot a 68 both days for a two day total of 136.
The third flight gross score winners, Ashley Hawkins and Krista Newman-Manning, both from Fort Worth, shot 1-over par today for a two day total of 3-over par, 147. The second place gross score winners in the third flight, Kim Barrett of Woodway and Jan Rapp of Dallas, shot 76-74–150 for their gross score. Net score winners in flight three, Jeannie Goade of Frisco and Jennifer Lazar of Farmers Branch, shot a two day total of 132 while the second place net score was one stroke back at 133 and won by Margaret Allen of Georgetown and Linda Pryor of Cedar Park.
The fourth flight gross winners from McKinney, Patricia Carnes and Risa Tyo, shot a two day score of 153, made up by a 76 on the first day and a 77 on the second day. Tana Nelson of Allen and Norma Scott of McKinney took second place for gross score in the fourth flight with a 78-80–158.Susan Fullerton and Debbie Rabinowitz, both of Plano, finished with a 132 made up by a 75 on the first day and a 67 on the second day, to win the net fourth flight. In second place for the net fourth flight shooting 69-63—132 is Danielle Carrol and Amy Goodwin both from McKinney.
In the fifth flight, Mary Calcote and Judy Tanner, of Huntsville, won gross with scores of 77-84—161. Second place gross with scores of 82 for both days was Dianne Dillard of Bryan and Belinda Newman of College Station. Net score winners in the fifth flight were, Margie Barlow and Linda Bowser of Montgomery shooting 63 the first round, and 68 for the final round with a total of 131. Mary Burum and Cheryl Wright shot 68-70–138 and second place net.
The next event in this year’s women’s competitions is the Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship, which will be contested on October 15 -17, at Northgate Country Club in 2018.
The Texas Golf Association would also like to thank the membership and staff at Stonebriar Country Club for hosting this year’s Championship. For full results, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes