North Texas Classic Moves to Bridlewood Golf Club
DALLAS – The North Texas Classic moves to Bridlewood Golf Club as the 84-player field will compete for stars, exemptions and crystal as they kick off the start of the Legends Junior Tour fall season.
This will be the fourth annual North Texas Classic as the event moves to the Flower Mound area. Designed by PGA Tour Professional D.A. Weibring, Bridlewood Golf Club’s variety and course design offers golfers many options throughout their round. The course features challenging Tifeagle Bermuda grass greens, 25 acres worth of water, and a blend of rolling hills and thick forests.
The North Texas Classic is split into three divisions, Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and a Girls 12-18 Division. Top finishers in each division will earn AJGA Performance Stars along with exemptions into LJT Invitational events. The top five finishers in the Boys 15-18 division will earn exemptions for this year’s upcoming Texas Cup Invitational and the top three into the 2019 Texas Junior Amateur. The Boys 15-18 Champion will also earn an exemption to the 2019 Byron Nelson Junior Championship. In the Girls 12-18 Division, the top three finishers will earn an exemption to this year’s Texas Girls Invitational later this month.
San Angelo’s Jansen Smith won the Boys 15-18 Division in 2017. Smith posted rounds of 3-under 69 and 4-under 68 for a total of 7-under 137 overall and secured a one shot victory over Evan Vo at Tangle Ridge Golf Club.
Argyle’s Gaven Lane won the Boys 14 & Under Division by recording consecutive rounds of 5-under 67 to finish at 10-under 134 overall and win by an impressive seven shots.
Hailey Jones of Dallas posted 4-under 140 overall to win last year’s Girls 12-18 Division. After leading by two through the first round, Jones fired a final round 3-under 69 to pull away from the field and secure the win. Jones’ victory would go on to help her capture her third consecutive LJT Player of the Year award for the Girls 12-18 division.
Smith, Lane and Jones add to the list of past champions at the North Texas Classic. This includes Mark Reppe, Dawson Ovard, Jennie Park, Jun Min Lee, Cole Sherwood, and Serena Shah.
The first round is scheduled for Saturday, September 15 with tee times starting at 11:30 am off the No. 1 and 10 tees. The final round pairings will be redrawn according to score from the first round and will begin at 11:30 am on Sunday, September 16.
For more information on the North Texas Classic, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes