Guercio, Pickrell and Jones win the Fall Challenge
COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Crosby Guercio posted a 2-under round of 69 to win the Boys 15-18 Division of the Fall Challenge at The Golf Club at Texas A&M. Tomek Pickrell won the Boys 14 & Under Division, while Hailey Jones won the Girls 12-18 Division.
Guercio was the only player under par in his division. A bogey on the second hole put the Frisco-native to even par overall through 20 holes. He made a birdie on the 558-yard sixth hole and then made another bogey on the par-4 ninth to turn at 1-over.
On the 10th hole of the day, Guercio made an eagle three on the 550-yard par-5. That eagle got him back under par for the tournament and he played the final seven holes at 2-under to win by four strokes.
Austin’s Zachary Slayton finished runner-up in the Boys 15-18 Division after matching Guercio’s 2-under 69 on Sunday and finishing at 1-over 143 overall. Spring’s Andrew Spaulding finished third in the division at 2-over 144, while T. Payne Johnson of Shreveport, Louisiana tied with Lake Jackson’s Jacob Borow and Austin’s Thomas Bockholt III, who was the leader of the Boys 15-18 Division Player of the Year Standings entering the Fall Challenge.
First-round leader Hunter McDonough finished tied for seventh along with Joshua Lim, Matthew Spaulding and Matthew Comegys at 4-over 146 overall.
Cypress’ Pickrell played 1-over in the final round after shooting 2-under 69 on Saturday to finish 1-under overall. Pickrell made nine birdies through 36 holes, including three birdies in his final nine holes. This is the first win for Pickrell on the Legends Junior Tour.
Jack Gilbert of Houston finished second in the Boys 14 & Under Division at 3-over 145, while Driftwood’s Grant Yerger finished third at 4-over 146. Dallas’ Ben Delarosa finished fourth in the division after shooting 5-under 66 in the final round, which was the lowest score of the weekend.
Dallas’ Jones picked up her first win of the season with rounds of 73-74. The three-time reigning Girls 12-18 Division Player of the Year made five birdies through two rounds and won by two strokes. Houston’s Zoe Slaughter tied with Richmond’s Valerie Routzong for runner-up in the division.
Katy’s Lauren Nguyen finished fourth, while Elina Sinz and Tillie Glaggett tied for fifth.
The final round was delayed two hours due to wet conditions on the golf course. The Golf Club at Texas A&M received close to four inches of rain overnight after the first round. This was the first time the Golf Club at Texas A&M was hosting the Fall Challenge. The course was opened in 1950 and renovated recently by Texas A&M alum Jeff Blume. The par-71 layout features an exciting 18 holes along with numerous bunkers and rolling fairways.
This is the final open event on the Legends Junior Tour schedule. The tour heads to Fort Worth for the next event, which is the Texas Cup Invitational on November 3-4.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes