Texas Cup Invitational Returns to Ridglea Country Club
Dallas – Ridglea Country Club is set to host the Texas Cup Invitational on Nov. 3-4, 2018. For the second straight year, the 78-player field will take on the North Course’s narrow fairways and small greens.
The LJT took over the Texas Cup Invitational in 2008 and has seen the tournament’s field strength grow each year. This is the final event of the 2018 season for players in the Boys 15-18 Division to earn points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. This is a major event on the schedule and points are doubled for the top half of the field.
Ridglea Country Club’s own Brandon Massey won the Texas Cup Invitational last year. The Fort Worth native posted rounds of 69-68 to get to 5-under-par overall and two strokes ahead of the field. Massey made nine birdies through two rounds, while Austin’s Trey Bosco and Kingwood’s Damin Strydom finished tied for second in last year’s event.
Ridglea Country Club is hosting the Texas Cup Invitational for the second time in as many years. The event was at Mira Vista Country Club and The Honors Golf Club of Dallas before that. The North Course was originally designed by John Bredemus in 1928 and was redesigned by Ralph Plummer in 1954 and again by Jay Morrish in 1987. The course features Tifsport fairways and Tifeagle greens and has hosted numerous events including U.S. Open and Amateur qualifiers as well as the 1990 National Big I Junior, which was won by Tiger Woods.
Players earned exemptions and invitations into the Texas Cup Invitational through their play on the Texas Junior Golf Alliance schedules and through their state junior championships. There are six states being represented in the tournament along with players from four different countries.
The boys-only field will consist of 78 players, which will compete in 36 holes of stroke play competition. Along with the Golfweek ranking, the invitational will be ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and will distribute numerous AJGA PBE stars to the top finishers, including fully exempt status to the winner.
The winner of the 2018 Texas Cup Invitational will earn 2,000 points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. Austin’s Thomas Bockholt III leads the Boys 15-18 Division Standings with 5,725 points. Dallas’ Connor Adams trails Bockholt by 1,443 points heading into the final event of the year and is the only player in the standings that can catch the Rice University commit.
Along with the Player of the Year Award, the standings determine the teams for the Jackie Burke Cup matches at Moody Gardens Golf Course on Nov. 10-11. The matches pit the North Team versus the South Team and each team consists of eight players from the Boys 15-18 Division, two players from the Boys 14 & Under Division and two players from the Girls 12-18 Division. Players in the Texas Cup Invitational will jockey for positions on their respective Jackie Burke Cup teams.
The first round of the Texas Cup Invitational gets started on Saturday, Nov. 3 at 11:30 am. Tee times for the final round will be determined based on scores from the previous round and will begin at 7:30 am on Sunday.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 10 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...