Stacy Dennis Selected as New TGA Executive Director
DALLAS—The Texas Golf Association’s Executive Committee on Friday announced its successor to Executive Director Rob Addington, who earlier this summer announced his resignation. Stacy Dennis will be the TGA’s new Executive Director, effective Dec. 1, 2018.
Formerly the Managing Director of Membership Programs and the TGA Foundation, Dennis has worked for the TGA since January 2015. During her previous role, she oversaw significant membership growth with the addition of more than 17,000 individual members and nearly 50 new Member Clubs. In 2016, Dennis spearheaded the “Breaking 100” campaign that celebrated the centennial anniversary of Women’s Golf in Texas. She helped raise more than $80,000 for Women’s programming and generated almost 500,000 page views with her 100 profiles of the most prominent women in Texas golf history.
Addington announced his imminent resignation in July. During his 19 years at the helm, Addington led the TGA to historic growth and established it as one of the most influential Allied Golf Associations in the country. Addington hired Dennis in 2015, and now she steps in to fill his position as the operational and administrative leader of the TGA.
Upon learning of Addington’s impending departure, the TGA’s Executive Committee established an Executive Search Committee comprised of seven TGA Board Members with diverse backgrounds to identify and select the ideal candidate as his replacement. Chaired by Leslie Henry, who is in line to become the President of the TGA’s Board of Directors in 2020, the committee undertook an exhaustive, three-month national search to fill the leadership role.
A group of several qualified candidates was narrowed to four finalists, from which Dennis was selected. The Search Committee made a unanimous recommendation to the TGA Executive Committee, which made the ultimate decision to hire Dennis as the new Executive Director.
“First of all, we have an exceptional Board,” Henry said. “Everyone contributes. We really worked hard on this; it was quite a collaboration. All four finalists were strong and viewed as equal.”
During the in-person interview portion of the search process, the tide turned in favor of Dennis.
“When Stacy came in and gave her presentation, it was unbelievable,” Henry said. “She blew us away, and we knew then that this was our next Executive Director. She already has a long-term plan. She’s thought about the future of the TGA, every aspect of it, for a long time.”
Prior to joining the TGA, Dennis was General Manager of the Elkins Lake Recreation Corporation in Huntsville and has 20 years of executive management history in the golf industry. She’s also one of the most decorated amateur competitors in Texas.
After completing her collegiate career at Texas A&M, Dennis won the Texas Women’s Amateur Championship in 2004 and 2009. She won the Women’s State Four-Ball Championship twice (2009, 2015). On the national level, Dennis was a U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur semifinalist in 2012.
She now becomes only the third paid Executive Director in the TGA’s storied history. The late Bill Penn was the first (1988-2001), followed by Addington in 2001.
“The truth is, I just really love golf and think golf is good for our world,” Dennis said. “It is exciting to have an opportunity to have an impact on the game at all of the levels the TGA serves. I’m inspired by the prospect of collaborating with so many outstanding staff members, volunteers, and the other organizations who are also passionate about getting more people playing more golf.”
While Addington is leaving the TGA, he will still be involved in sports management. He is moving into a leadership position for Anera Sports, a new venture that provides association management, championship administration and consulting services. He said he is excited about the new Executive Director selection and thinks Dennis will successfully lead the TGA to the next level.
“Stacy’s experience with the TGA and her background as an accomplished player will serve her well as she leads the TGA,” Addington said. “I think she will continue to expand the role of the association to more golfers in the future. She is innovative, thoughtful and the right person for the job.”
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes