Stacy Dennis Selected as New TGA Executive Director
DALLAS—The Texas Golf Association’s Executive Committee on Friday announced its successor to Executive Director Rob Addington, who earlier this summer announced his resignation. Stacy Dennis will be the TGA’s new Executive Director, effective Dec. 1, 2018.
Formerly the Managing Director of Membership Programs and the TGA Foundation, Dennis has worked for the TGA since January 2015. During her previous role, she oversaw significant membership growth with the addition of more than 17,000 individual members and nearly 50 new Member Clubs. In 2016, Dennis spearheaded the “Breaking 100” campaign that celebrated the centennial anniversary of Women’s Golf in Texas. She helped raise more than $80,000 for Women’s programming and generated almost 500,000 page views with her 100 profiles of the most prominent women in Texas golf history.
Addington announced his imminent resignation in July. During his 19 years at the helm, Addington led the TGA to historic growth and established it as one of the most influential Allied Golf Associations in the country. Addington hired Dennis in 2015, and now she steps in to fill his position as the operational and administrative leader of the TGA.
Upon learning of Addington’s impending departure, the TGA’s Executive Committee established an Executive Search Committee comprised of seven TGA Board Members with diverse backgrounds to identify and select the ideal candidate as his replacement. Chaired by Leslie Henry, who is in line to become the President of the TGA’s Board of Directors in 2020, the committee undertook an exhaustive, three-month national search to fill the leadership role.
A group of several qualified candidates was narrowed to four finalists, from which Dennis was selected. The Search Committee made a unanimous recommendation to the TGA Executive Committee, which made the ultimate decision to hire Dennis as the new Executive Director.
“First of all, we have an exceptional Board,” Henry said. “Everyone contributes. We really worked hard on this; it was quite a collaboration. All four finalists were strong and viewed as equal.”
During the in-person interview portion of the search process, the tide turned in favor of Dennis.
“When Stacy came in and gave her presentation, it was unbelievable,” Henry said. “She blew us away, and we knew then that this was our next Executive Director. She already has a long-term plan. She’s thought about the future of the TGA, every aspect of it, for a long time.”
Prior to joining the TGA, Dennis was General Manager of the Elkins Lake Recreation Corporation in Huntsville and has 20 years of executive management history in the golf industry. She’s also one of the most decorated amateur competitors in Texas.
After completing her collegiate career at Texas A&M, Dennis won the Texas Women’s Amateur Championship in 2004 and 2009. She won the Women’s State Four-Ball Championship twice (2009, 2015). On the national level, Dennis was a U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur semifinalist in 2012.
She now becomes only the third paid Executive Director in the TGA’s storied history. The late Bill Penn was the first (1988-2001), followed by Addington in 2001.
“The truth is, I just really love golf and think golf is good for our world,” Dennis said. “It is exciting to have an opportunity to have an impact on the game at all of the levels the TGA serves. I’m inspired by the prospect of collaborating with so many outstanding staff members, volunteers, and the other organizations who are also passionate about getting more people playing more golf.”
While Addington is leaving the TGA, he will still be involved in sports management. He is moving into a leadership position for Anera Sports, a new venture that provides association management, championship administration and consulting services. He said he is excited about the new Executive Director selection and thinks Dennis will successfully lead the TGA to the next level.
“Stacy’s experience with the TGA and her background as an accomplished player will serve her well as she leads the TGA,” Addington said. “I think she will continue to expand the role of the association to more golfers in the future. She is innovative, thoughtful and the right person for the job.”
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes