Full Legends Junior Tour Schedule Released
ADDISON, TX – The second half of the 2019 Legends Junior Tour schedule has been released which features the Texas Junior Amateur moving to The Clubs at Kingwood, the George Hannon Junior Invitational returning to UT Golf Club and the addition of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational.
The 93rd Texas Junior Amateur heads to the Clubs of Kingwood after spending the last two years at Horseshoe Bay Resort. This is the second time in five years that the event will be held in the Houston area after The Woodlands Country Club hosted in 2016. The Boys Division will compete on the Forest Course, while the Girls Division as well as the Boys and Girls 14 & Under Divisions will compete on the Island Course.
The Boys and Girls Divisions will each play 54 holes of stroke play competition, while the Boys and Girls 14 & Under Divisions will play 36 holes of stroke play. Registration for the state’s largest championship opens on March 6.
The Collegiate Preview was pushed back to August 5-6 after being held during Spring Break for the previous five years. This event is an invitational event for players ages 14 years or older. The tournament is modeled after a college-style event, with players playing 36 holes on the first day and 18 holes on the second day of the tournament.
The George Hannon Junior Invitational returns to UT Golf Club after being held there in 2018. The club is working with the Hannon Society to build a Hannon Academy at the course, which will feature Coach Hannon memorabilia along with the history of the university’s coach of 18 years.
The newest event on the LJT schedule is the Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational, which will serve as the final event before the Jackie Burke Cup Matches. The event will be filled with invitations through the partners of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance, which includes the North Texas PGA, the South Texas PGA and the Houston Golf Association.
Along with the four invitational events, there are five open events, which give players a chance to compete while earning status on the Legends Junior Tour. Open events are filled through the LJT Priority Entry System and the events offer status on tour as well as invitations to future invitational events.
The Legends Junior Tour is part of the Texas Golf Association and is open to all members of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance ages 12-19. The tour operates as part of the Texas Golf Assocation and its foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization. Since its inception in 2005, the tour has provided more than $250,000 to promote junior golf initiatives and exposure to the game to those who might not
otherwise have the opportunity across the state.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes