Jones Shoots 3-under and Leads Texas Girls' Invitational
Pearland, Texas – Hailey Jones of Dallas shot 3-under 69 in the second round at Golfcrest Country Club and leads the Texas Girls’ Invitational by two strokes heading into the Final Round.
Jones has now put together rounds of 72-69 to get to 3-under overall. Her bogey-free round on Sunday consisted of birdies on No. 3, No. 9 and No. 14 but it was her par saves that kept her round going throughout the day.
“I was chipping and putting really well today,” said Jones, “My sand saves on holes five, 13 and 18 were a big help.”
The weather on Sunday turned chilly and a steady drizzle covered the golf course, but it didn’t affect Jones. “The weather didn’t really get to me today, but I know if I want to win tomorrow, I’m going to need to make more birdies.”
Jones heads into Monday’s final round with a two-stroke lead and looks to win her second Texas Girls’ Invitational and become the second player to win multiple times. The 2019 high school graduate won this event in 2016 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club. She played her way into a playoff in 2018, but fell short on the fourth playoff hole at Sugar Creek Country Club.
Austin’s Jensen Jalufka posted a round of 3-under 69 to get to 1-under through 36 holes and into second place. Jalufka made six birdies on Sunday, including three in her first five holes and back-to-back birdies on holes 16 and 17.
Elina Sinz of Katy shot 1-under 71 in the second round and moved to third at 1-over-par overall. Sinz made three birdies and two bogeys in her first nine holes and then made nine straight pars to finish 1-under.
Round 1 co-leader, Julia Garcia sits in fourth place after shooting 3-over 75 in the second round. The Temple native made birdie on the 153-yard 12th hole, but made three bogeys in her last six holes to drop back to 3-over-par overall.
Houston’s Allyn Stephens rounds out the top five at 148 overall, followed by Plano’s MacKenzie Moore in sixth, Frisco’s Caroline Kent in seventh and Houston’s Zoe Slaughter in eighth.
Natalie Cao, Sydni Leung, Emma Luna and Olivia Mitchell are all tied for ninth at 10-over.
The final round of the Texas Girls’ Invitational is set to begin at 8:00 am on Monday, Feb. 18. Players will be sent off in tee times off the No. 1 tee in groups of three.
Golfcrest Country Club is hosting the Texas Girls’ Invitational for the first time in the tournament’s 10-year history. Golfcrest joins a list of past host sites which includes Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, Crown Colony Country Club, Sugar Creek Country Club and Gleannloch Pines.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes