Foster, Sudberry and Ballis Win LJT Spring Preview
1. Reed Foster, McKinney, TX – 138
T2. Zachary Kingsland, Austin, TX – 144
T2. Shaheen Momin, Sugar Land, TX – 144
T2. Damin Strydom, Kingwood, TX – 144
T2. Holden Webb, Shreveport, LA – 144
Girls 12-18 Division
1. *Sky Sudberry, The Woodlands, TX – 149
T2. Carly Whittington, Kinder, LA – 149
T2. Emma McMyler, San Antonio, TX – 149
4. Maggie Ni, Cypress, TX – 151
5. Sora Kim, Houston, TX – 155
Boys 14 & Under Division
1. Bowen Ballis, Shenandoah, TX – 142
2. Ben Delarosa, Dallas, TX – 147
T3. Grant Yerger, Driftwood, TX – 150
T3. Nathan Marion, San Antonio, TX – 150
T5. Kevin Mu, Austin, TX – 151
T5. Andrew Petruzzelli, Dallas, TX – 151
*Won in Playoff
Golf Course: Quail Valley’s El Dorado Golf Course is hosting the Spring Preview for the first time in the tournament’s 14-year history. The par-71 is playing to 6,689 yards in the Boys 15-18 Division, 6,266 yards in the Boys 14 & Under Division and 5,865 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division. The course maneuvers its way through the residential areas of Missouri City and is littered with penalty areas around the course.
Weather: The weather took a turn for the worse on Sunday, as the winds picked up and the clouds littered the sky. There was a steady drizzle in the morning that went away around noon. The winds didn’t stop all day however, blowing around 15 miles per hour with gusts upwards of 25 mph.
The Winners: Foster picked up his first win in the Boys 15-18 Division following consecutive rounds of 2-under, making eight birdies in two days and an eagle. The eagle came on the final hole of the tournament, the par-5 18th, which plays to 540 yards in the division. Sudberry’s win in the Girls 12-18 Division is her first and came after three players finished tied for first at 149 overall. Sudberry made five straight pars and survived the sudden-death playoff to win the division. Ballis won his first Boys 14 & Under Division title by five strokes after posting consecutive rounds of even-par 71. He made birdie on holes two and four but dropped shots on the par-4 third and the par-5 seventh. He turned at even-par and finished with nine straight pars for a solid 71 in steady winds.
The Field: Four players tied for second in the Boys 15-18 Division behind Foster. Austin’s Zachary Kingsland, Sugar Land’s Shaheen Momin, Kingwood’s Damin Strydom and Shreveport’s Holden Webb all finished at 144 overall. Carly Whittington of Kinder, La. and Emma McMyler of San Antonio were in the playoff against Sudberry in the Girls 12-18 Division. McMyler dropped out after the first playoff hole, while Whittington and Sudberry traded pars until the par-4 fifth, which is 347 yards and has water surrounding the green. Whittington missed her par putt to fall back into a tie for second. Cypress’ Maggie Ni finished fourth in the division, while Houston’s Sora Kim finished fifth. In the Boys 14 & Under Division, Dallas’ Ben Delarosa finished runner-up at 5-over 147. Delarosa made three birdies in the final round and four total for both days. Driftwood’s Grant Yerger finished tied for third with San Antonio’s Nathan Marion, while Kevin Mu of Austin and Andrew Petruzzelli of Dallas finished tied for fifth in the Boys 14 & Under Division.
What’s Next: The Legends Junior Tour heads to McKinney for the Texas Cup Invitational on March 11-13 at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club’s Dye Course. The 84-player boys field will compete over 54 holes of stroke play competition in the first Major Tournament of the season for the Boys 15-18 Division.
About the LJT: The Legends Junior Tour is part of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance, which is a joint venture between the Texas Golf Association, Northern and Southern Texas PGA and Houston Golf Association. The Tour operates as part of the TGA and its foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization. The Tour is home to such prestigious events such as the Byron Nelson Junior Championship, Texas Cup Invitational, Texas Girls’ Invitational and Texas Junior Amateur.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes