Five Players Tied at the Top of South Senior
Five Players Tied at the Top of South Senior
Briefly: Five players are tied atop the leaderboard of the Senior Division at the South Senior Amateur presented by Impact Precision Golf. Jimmy Wood of Kingwood leads the Super Senior Division by one after the opening round at River Crossing Club in Spring Branch.
Senior Division Super Senior Division
T1 Pierce, John San Antonio 71 1 Wood, Jimmy Kingwood 70
T1 Griffin, Matt San Antonio 71 2 Samuel, Kent The Woodlands 71
T1 Dowdall, John Fulshear 71 3 Arnold, Mike Windrest 72
T1 Kilby, Ron McAllen 71 T4 Marshall, Rusty Schertz 73
T1 Bruchmiller, Boyd Marble Falls 71 T4 Smith, Wayne Austin 73
6 Hurlbert, Craig Magnolia 72
T7 Perez, John Austin 73
T7 Booker, Mike Houston 73
T7 Piper, Marshall Cypress 73
T7 Smith, Scott Houston 73
Round 1 Results | Final Round Pairings
Golf Course: River Crossing Club is located just north of San Antonio in Spring Branch. The club features 18 holes of championship golf nestled in the rustic Hill Country of Texas. The par-72 course reaches a max yardage of 6,838 yards. Today’s round for the senior division was contested at 6,632 yards and the Super Senior Division at 6,297 yards.
Weather: 54 degrees and cloudy with steady 7 mph winds throughout the day.
In Contention: Five players are tied for the lead in the Senior Division at 1-under par 71 after the opening round. John Pierce of San Antonio, our defending Senior Division Champion, finds himself in the mix at the top along with Matt Griffin, John Dowdall, Ron Kilby and Boyd Bruchmiller. Griffin of San Antonio had the low nine of the day, carding a 4-under par 32 on the back nine thanks to an eagle on par-5 17th. Behind the leaders, five players are within two strokes. Craig Hurlbert finds himself one shot back after shooting an even par 72 in the first round. One shot behind Hurlbert, and two behind the leaders, is the grouping of John Perez, Mike Booker, Marshall Piper and Scott Smith. They carded rounds of 1-over par 73.
Wood leads the Super Senior Division after a stellar opening round. Wood carded four birdies and two bogeys on the day en route to his 2-under par 70. In the second and third position respectively sits Kent Samuel and Mike Arnold. Samuel of The Woodlands finished the round at 1-under par 71, one shot off the lead. Arnold of Windcrest finds himself a shot behind Samuel, and two behind Wood after opening with an even par 72 round. Rusty Marshall and Wayne Smith are three shots off the lead after carding rounds of 1-over par 73.
What’s Next: Final round tee times start tomorrow at 8:30 am off both No. 1 & 10 tees. Senior Division final group will be teeing off last on No. 1 while the Super Senior Division groups will be teeing off last on No. 10.
More Info: For more information on the South Senior Amateur presented by Impact Precision Golf, you can visit the tournament homepage here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes