Two Tied at Top of North Senior Amateur After Round 1
Briefly: Dave Davis and Wayne Wright lead the 2019 North Senior Amateur after carding identical rounds of one-over-par 73. Davis and Wright, whom both have previously won the North Senior Amateur, head into tomorrow’s final round at top of a crowded leaderboard. Davis won the 2016 North Senior Amateur at Denton Country Club while Wright won the 2017 North Senior Amateur at Ridglea Country Club (South Course). Rick Lindsay of Rockwall, leads the Super Senior Division by two strokes after turning in a two-over-par 72 at Eldorado Country Club.
T1.Wright, Wayne (Aledo) – 38-35 – 73 (+1)
T1. Davis, Dave (Saginaw) – 36-37 – 73 (+1)
T3. Cooper, Brent (Dallas) – 35-39 – 74 (+2)
T3. Corson, Larry (Dallas) – 37-37 – 74 (+2)
T3. Finnin, Michael (McKinney) – 38-36 – 74 (+2)
T3. Long, Trip (Wichita Falls) – 36-38 – 74 (+2)
Super Senior Division
1.Lindsay, Rick (Rockwall) – 38-36 – 74 (+2)
T2. Holstead, Bill (Wichita Falls) – 38-38 – 76 (+4)
T2. Chester, Donald (Frisco) – 37-39 – 76 (+4)
T2. Kirwan, Gary (McKinney) – 39-37 – 76 (+4)
5. Hopton-Jones, Doug (Mansfield) – 37-40 – 77 (+5)
First Round Results
Golf Course: Located in McKinney, Eldorado Country Club combines a great golf experience with unmatched beauty of the McKinney landscape. Eldorado was established in 1981 by golf course designer Gary Roger Baird. The course features tight tree-lined fairways with strategically placed slopes off the tee to test every level of play. Eldorado CC’s small greens challenge players to be accurate on their approach shots to give them the best look at the hole. Eldorado CC is playing at 6,559 yards for the Senior Division and 6,087 yards for the Super Senior Division.
Weather: Cool morning with a slight breeze coming out of the Southeast. The wind picked up around 11:00am to 17mph with gusts of 25mph. The temperature reached lows into mid 60’s. Thursday’s forecast calls for overnight thunderstorms and some showers that will last into the late morning as players tee off for the final round.
In contention: Dave Davis and Wayne Wright find themselves at the top of the leaderboard again at the North Senior Amateur after posting a first round one-over-par 73. Davis and Wright will have work to do in Thursday’s final round as 11 players sit just three shots back in a crowded leaderboard. Within those is the defending North Senior Amateur Champion, Mike Peck. Peck fired a first round, four-over-par, 76 on Wednesday.
Rick Lindsay of Rockwall has himself a two stroke cushion in the Super Senior Division heading into the final round. Lindsay posted a two-over-par 74 that included three birdies. Sitting in a three way tie for second place, past champion Gary Kirwan looks to make a final round charge to try and capture his second North Senior Amateur (Super Senior Division) title. Bill Holstead, Donald Chester, and Doug Hopton-Jones round out the top five.
What’s Next: The final round of the 2019 North Senior will begin tomorrow at 8:00 AM off #1 and #10 tees. Following play, there will be a brief awards presentation for the top finishers in both divisions. For Round 2 pairings, click here.
More Information: For more information on the North Senior Amateur, you can visit the Championship Homepage here.
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month. 1 Likes
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021 1 Likes
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
https://qoo.ly/39utfdce2f7-0f4dcfcc7e-# 3 Likes
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox 1 Likes
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/women-worth-watching.html 2 Likes
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic 3 Likes
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!
#JARMemorial 12 Likes
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us in Lufkin, TX for a special #GivingTuesday event, where all proceeds go toward the #TGAFoundation.
📍 Crown Colony
📅 Tues., Dec. 1 @ 10AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Lunch & Prizes
Follow ... 1 Likes