Two Tied at Top of North Senior Amateur After Round 1
Briefly: Dave Davis and Wayne Wright lead the 2019 North Senior Amateur after carding identical rounds of one-over-par 73. Davis and Wright, whom both have previously won the North Senior Amateur, head into tomorrow’s final round at top of a crowded leaderboard. Davis won the 2016 North Senior Amateur at Denton Country Club while Wright won the 2017 North Senior Amateur at Ridglea Country Club (South Course). Rick Lindsay of Rockwall, leads the Super Senior Division by two strokes after turning in a two-over-par 72 at Eldorado Country Club.
T1.Wright, Wayne (Aledo) – 38-35 – 73 (+1)
T1. Davis, Dave (Saginaw) – 36-37 – 73 (+1)
T3. Cooper, Brent (Dallas) – 35-39 – 74 (+2)
T3. Corson, Larry (Dallas) – 37-37 – 74 (+2)
T3. Finnin, Michael (McKinney) – 38-36 – 74 (+2)
T3. Long, Trip (Wichita Falls) – 36-38 – 74 (+2)
Super Senior Division
1.Lindsay, Rick (Rockwall) – 38-36 – 74 (+2)
T2. Holstead, Bill (Wichita Falls) – 38-38 – 76 (+4)
T2. Chester, Donald (Frisco) – 37-39 – 76 (+4)
T2. Kirwan, Gary (McKinney) – 39-37 – 76 (+4)
5. Hopton-Jones, Doug (Mansfield) – 37-40 – 77 (+5)
First Round Results
Golf Course: Located in McKinney, Eldorado Country Club combines a great golf experience with unmatched beauty of the McKinney landscape. Eldorado was established in 1981 by golf course designer Gary Roger Baird. The course features tight tree-lined fairways with strategically placed slopes off the tee to test every level of play. Eldorado CC’s small greens challenge players to be accurate on their approach shots to give them the best look at the hole. Eldorado CC is playing at 6,559 yards for the Senior Division and 6,087 yards for the Super Senior Division.
Weather: Cool morning with a slight breeze coming out of the Southeast. The wind picked up around 11:00am to 17mph with gusts of 25mph. The temperature reached lows into mid 60’s. Thursday’s forecast calls for overnight thunderstorms and some showers that will last into the late morning as players tee off for the final round.
In contention: Dave Davis and Wayne Wright find themselves at the top of the leaderboard again at the North Senior Amateur after posting a first round one-over-par 73. Davis and Wright will have work to do in Thursday’s final round as 11 players sit just three shots back in a crowded leaderboard. Within those is the defending North Senior Amateur Champion, Mike Peck. Peck fired a first round, four-over-par, 76 on Wednesday.
Rick Lindsay of Rockwall has himself a two stroke cushion in the Super Senior Division heading into the final round. Lindsay posted a two-over-par 74 that included three birdies. Sitting in a three way tie for second place, past champion Gary Kirwan looks to make a final round charge to try and capture his second North Senior Amateur (Super Senior Division) title. Bill Holstead, Donald Chester, and Doug Hopton-Jones round out the top five.
What’s Next: The final round of the 2019 North Senior will begin tomorrow at 8:00 AM off #1 and #10 tees. Following play, there will be a brief awards presentation for the top finishers in both divisions. For Round 2 pairings, click here.
More Information: For more information on the North Senior Amateur, you can visit the Championship Homepage here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes