Dillard and Willis Lead Women's Partnership
BRIEFLY: Dianne Dillard and Claudia Willis, who both live in Montgomery, lead the Women’s Partnership after Monday’s first round with a score of 20. The Women’s Partnership, a team quota event, is being contested in Pearland at Golfcrest Country Club. Dillard and Willis lead the mother-daughter duo of Valerie and Lindsey Mitchell, also of Montgomery, by one point heading into Tuesday’s final round. In addition to battling for an Overall Championship, the Women’s Partnership will crown winners in each of the four flights.
WOMEN’S PARTNERSHIP OVERALL LEADERBOARD:
|1||Dillard / Willis||Montgomery||20|
|2||Mitchell / Mitchell||Montgomery||19|
|3||Kuo / Hamilton||Houston||18|
|4||Northcutt / Collins||The Woodlands, Midland||17|
|5||Hoyt / Bishop||Horseshoe Bay||16|
Complete Results | Tuesday Starting Times
GOLF COURSE: Golfcrest Country Club was originally built in southeast Houston in 1927 and moved to its current location in Pearland in 1971. The club is owned by its membership and managed by Sterling Golf. The tree-lined course sits on 200 wooded acres and was designed by Joseph S. Finger. The old school course will prove to be a tough test for the 2019 Women’s Partnership, as fairways traverse through trees and bodies of water. The Women’s Partnership will be contested at a distance of 5,277 yards for the championship.
WEATHER: Sunday afternoon saw Golfcrest Country Club take on over an inch of rain as storms passed through the area. Early Monday morning clouds turned into a nice afternoon with mostly sunny skies. The temperature was in the mid-70s for the majority of today’s round. The NNW wind was coming in behind yesterday’s storms at 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph throughout the round.
IN CONTENTION: Leading in Flight 1 is the team of Northcutt/Collins with 17 points over Hoyt/Bishop at 16 points. Sitting in third of Flight 1, with 15 points is Christensen/Robichaux. Flight 2 has Webb/Mayorga atop with a score 14, and they lead Meyer/Gonzalez by four points. The Dillard/Willis team holds a slim lead in Flight 3 over Kuo/Hamilton, who are two points back at 18. Flight 4 has Mitchell/Mitchell at 19 leading Davidson/Raska at 14 points heading into the final round.
WHAT’S NEXT: Tuesday’s final round will begin with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Following play, there will be lunch served in the dining room as well as a brief awards presentation for the Overall Champion and Flight Winners.
MORE INFO: Visit our website for complete coverage of the 2019 Women’s Partnership. Check out our Facebook page and Twitter feed for updates throughout the championship rounds.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes