Brooks Wins 2019 Texas Super Senior
Brooks Wins 2019 Texas Super Senior
WACO – Ed Brooks of Fort Worth hangs on to win the Super Senior Division of the 2019 Texas Super Senior. Brooks, who lead after the opening round, outlasted Gary Kirwan of McKinney in a playoff to claim the title.
After weather caused the championship to be reduced to 36-holes, Brook and Kirwan needed two more holes of sudden death playoff to crown the champion. The two played the par 4 18th hole twice where a par on the second go around was what Brooks needed to win.
The round of the day came from Kirwan who was six shots behind Brooks heading into the final round. Kirwan, who opened the tournament with a 4-over par 74, fired an impressive even-par 70 in the final round to get himself into a position to win.
Kirwan got the ball rolling early as he birdied two of his first five holes, one which was on his opening hole of the day. After a strong start Kirwan made the turn onto the back nine at 2-under par for the round. A 2-over par back nine got him back to even-par for the day. Kirwan’s final round kept him at 4-over par 144 for the tournament.
Brooks, who started the day with a two-stroke lead was steady early in his round. His first mistake of the day came on No. 7 as he made triple bogey but he quickly recovered making birdie on the par 4 8th. A par on No. 9 kept Brooks at 2-over par for the day as he made the turn to the back nine.
Brooks made an early bogey on the back nine on the par 5 10th hole. However, like the front nine, he was quick to bounce back with a birdie on his next hole. From there Brooks finished his round with five pars, a bogey and double bogey, for a 3-over par 38 on the side, 5- over par 75 on the day. His
Finishing one shot behind Brooks and Kirwan at 5-over par 145 was the trio of John Grace of Fort Worth, Hill Holstead of Wichita Falls and Bill Huckin of Dallas.
Holstead and Huckin took home low Net honors in the Super Senior Division. The both of them finished the tournament with a Net score of 1-over par 141.
Richard Lundy of Amarillo overcame a two-shot in the final round to win the Legends Division. Lundy, who trailed Don Grider by two heading into the final round, played consistent golf through the championship to claim his title.
After an opening round of 78, Lundy put together another sub-80 round of 9-over par round of 79 to get him to 17-over for the tournament. His tournament total of 157 was enough to win the division by three-strokes.
Lundy struggled on the front nine as he made the turn at 8-over but bounced back quickly on the back side shooting 1-over par 36. His back nine consisted of a lone birdie on the par 4 13th hole.
Trailing Lundy and finishing in a tie for second was defending champion Don Grider and Jim Strouse. The pair finished at 20-over par 160 for the tournament.
Strouse took home the low Net honors for the Legends Division. His net rounds of 75 and 77 were good to finish the tournament at 152, 12-over par.
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank Ridgewood Country Club and its staff for all of their help and hospitality throughout the championship. Click here for the full leaderboard and more information.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes