Foster, Bade and Moore Lead Divisions at Bluebonnet Championship
Briefly: Reed Foster of McKinney shot 6-under 66 in the opening round of the Bluebonnet Championship and leads the Boys 15-18 Division by one stroke heading into Sunday’s final round. Jackson Bade of New Braunfels leads the Boys 14 & Under Division at Brownwood Country Club, while MacKenzie Moore of Trophy Club leads the Girls 12-18 Division.
Boys 15-18 Division
1. Reed Foster, McKinney, TX 66
T2. Dallas Hankamer, Temple, TX 67
T2. Ty Holbrook, Granbury, TX 67
T4. Seven Tied 68
Boys 14 & Under Division
1. Jackson Bade, New Braunfels, TX 68
T2. Tyler Lee, Dallas, TX 70
T2. Trenton Mierl, Austin, TX 70
T2. Grant Yerger, Driftwood, TX 70
Girls 12-18 Division
1. MacKenzie Moore, Trophy Club, TX 68
2. Meagan Winans, Richardson, TX 69
3. Olivia Mitchell, Plano, TX 71
4. Hailey Jones, Dallas, TX 72
In Contention: Trailing Foster in the Boys 15-18 Division is Temple’s Dallas Hankamer and Granbury’s Ty Holbrook, who both shot 5-under 67 in the first round. Seven players sit in a tie for fourth at 4-under 68, while two sit at 3-under and 10 more at 2-under. In the Boys 14 & Under Division, Dallas’ Tyler Lee, Austin’s Trenton Mierl and Driftwood’s Grant Yerger are tied for second and two strokes back at 2-under-par. Ryder Cowan of Edmond, Okla. sits alone in fifth at 1-under. Richardson’s Meagan Winans trails Moore in the Girls 12-18 Division at 3-under, while Plano’s Olivia Mitchell is third at 1-under and Dallas’ Hailey Jones is fourth at even-par.
Golf Course: Brownwood Country Club has hosted the Bluebonnet Championship every year since its inception in 2000. The club sits in central Texas and features ample opportunities for players to go low and make birdies. The course stretches out to 6,300 yards for the boys and 5,800 yards for the girls.
Tournament Format: The Bluebonnet Championship is a 36-hole stroke play event for players ages 12-19 that have a valid membership with a member of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The tournament field features 144 players across three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18.
Weather: The skies cleared up and the sun came to shine on Saturday, giving players a beautiful day for golf with temperatures creeping upwards of 80 degrees. The winds were steady at 10 to 15 miles per hour.
What’s Next: The final round of the Bluebonnet Championship will begin at 7:30 am on Sunday, May 5. Players will tee off the No. 1 tee throughout the day, with the Girls 12-18 Division going first, followed by the Boys 14 & Under Division and then the Boys 15-18 Division.
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month. 1 Likes
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021 1 Likes
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
https://qoo.ly/39utfdce2f7-0f4dcfcc7e-# 3 Likes
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox 1 Likes
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/women-worth-watching.html 2 Likes
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic 3 Likes
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!
#JARMemorial 12 Likes
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us in Lufkin, TX for a special #GivingTuesday event, where all proceeds go toward the #TGAFoundation.
📍 Crown Colony
📅 Tues., Dec. 1 @ 10AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Lunch & Prizes
Follow ... 1 Likes