Salazar Shoots 69 and Leads Flodder Financial Shootout
1. Jacob Salazar, League City 69
T2. Rustyn Goolsby, Mt. Pleasant 72
T2. Christian Clark, Dallas 72
T4. William Sammons, Spring 73
T4. Sutton Price, Plano 73
1. Elina Sinz, Katy 71
2. Delany Martin, Boerne 73
3. Lauren Nguyen, Katy 74
T4. Alice Linsig, Houston 75
T4. Maelynn Kim, Katy 75
Boys 14 & Under
T1. Aaron Pounds, The Woodlands 70
T1. Grant Yerger, Driftwood 70
3. Kevin Mu, Austin 71
T4. Brecken Franklin, Montgomery 73
T4. Nathan Marion, San Antonio 73
In Contention: Two players trail Salazar in the Boys 15-18 Division at even-par 72. Rustyn Goolsby of Mt. Pleasant and Christian Clark of Dallas are tied for second and just three strokes back of the leader. Spring’s William Sammons and Plano’s Sutton Price are tied for fourth in the division at 1-over 73, while five other players are five strokes back at 2-over. Boerne’s Delaney Martin is two strokes behind Sinz in the Girls 12-18 Division. Lauren Nguyen of Katy sits alone in third place at 2-over, while Alice Linsig, Maelynn Kim and Maggie Ni are tied for fourth at 3-over. Kevin Mu of Austin shot 1-under 71 in the first round and trails Pounds and Yerger in the Boys 14 & Under Division, while Brecken Franklin and Nathan Marion are tied for fourth at 1-over 73.
Golf Course: The Club at Falcon Point is hosting the Flodder Financial Shootout for the second time in as many years. The club is celebrating its 35th year in 2019 after opening in 1984. The duo of Bruce Devlin and Robert von Hagge designed the par-72 layout, which features 18 holes that tests the full bag of each golfer.
Weather: The first round was delayed 30 minutes due to heavy rains throughout the night. The course accumulated a little more than two inches overnight, but the sun came out before noon on Monday and started to dry up the course. The temperature climbed up above 90 degrees with light and variable winds.
Tournament Format: The Flodder Financial Shootout is a 36-hole stroke-play event for players ages 12-19 that have an active membership with the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The event is divided into three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18.
Tournament History: This is the seventh year of the Flodder Financial Shootout, but the list of past champions is one of the strongest on the Legends Junior Tour. Walker Lee and Cole Hammer are past champions of this event and have both gone on to qualify for and compete in a U.S. Open Championship. Other past champions include Travis Vick, Isha and Ashni Druva, Scott Roden, Michael Perras, Garrett Martin, Macy Fox and Treed Huang.
Tournament Exemptions: All players that finish in the top half of each division will earn points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. The event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek and AJGA Stars will be handed out as well.
Next Up: The final round of the Flodder Financial Shootout is scheduled to start at 7:30 am off the No. 1 and 10 tees on Tuesday, June 18. Following play, the top finishers of each division will be awarded trophies with the winners earning Flodder Financial Shootout custom-made belt buckles.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes