Salazar Shoots 69 and Leads Flodder Financial Shootout
1. Jacob Salazar, League City 69
T2. Rustyn Goolsby, Mt. Pleasant 72
T2. Christian Clark, Dallas 72
T4. William Sammons, Spring 73
T4. Sutton Price, Plano 73
1. Elina Sinz, Katy 71
2. Delany Martin, Boerne 73
3. Lauren Nguyen, Katy 74
T4. Alice Linsig, Houston 75
T4. Maelynn Kim, Katy 75
Boys 14 & Under
T1. Aaron Pounds, The Woodlands 70
T1. Grant Yerger, Driftwood 70
3. Kevin Mu, Austin 71
T4. Brecken Franklin, Montgomery 73
T4. Nathan Marion, San Antonio 73
In Contention: Two players trail Salazar in the Boys 15-18 Division at even-par 72. Rustyn Goolsby of Mt. Pleasant and Christian Clark of Dallas are tied for second and just three strokes back of the leader. Spring’s William Sammons and Plano’s Sutton Price are tied for fourth in the division at 1-over 73, while five other players are five strokes back at 2-over. Boerne’s Delaney Martin is two strokes behind Sinz in the Girls 12-18 Division. Lauren Nguyen of Katy sits alone in third place at 2-over, while Alice Linsig, Maelynn Kim and Maggie Ni are tied for fourth at 3-over. Kevin Mu of Austin shot 1-under 71 in the first round and trails Pounds and Yerger in the Boys 14 & Under Division, while Brecken Franklin and Nathan Marion are tied for fourth at 1-over 73.
Golf Course: The Club at Falcon Point is hosting the Flodder Financial Shootout for the second time in as many years. The club is celebrating its 35th year in 2019 after opening in 1984. The duo of Bruce Devlin and Robert von Hagge designed the par-72 layout, which features 18 holes that tests the full bag of each golfer.
Weather: The first round was delayed 30 minutes due to heavy rains throughout the night. The course accumulated a little more than two inches overnight, but the sun came out before noon on Monday and started to dry up the course. The temperature climbed up above 90 degrees with light and variable winds.
Tournament Format: The Flodder Financial Shootout is a 36-hole stroke-play event for players ages 12-19 that have an active membership with the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The event is divided into three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18.
Tournament History: This is the seventh year of the Flodder Financial Shootout, but the list of past champions is one of the strongest on the Legends Junior Tour. Walker Lee and Cole Hammer are past champions of this event and have both gone on to qualify for and compete in a U.S. Open Championship. Other past champions include Travis Vick, Isha and Ashni Druva, Scott Roden, Michael Perras, Garrett Martin, Macy Fox and Treed Huang.
Tournament Exemptions: All players that finish in the top half of each division will earn points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. The event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek and AJGA Stars will be handed out as well.
Next Up: The final round of the Flodder Financial Shootout is scheduled to start at 7:30 am off the No. 1 and 10 tees on Tuesday, June 18. Following play, the top finishers of each division will be awarded trophies with the winners earning Flodder Financial Shootout custom-made belt buckles.
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month. 1 Likes
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021 1 Likes
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
https://qoo.ly/39utfdce2f7-0f4dcfcc7e-# 3 Likes
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox 1 Likes
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/women-worth-watching.html 2 Likes
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic 3 Likes
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!
#JARMemorial 12 Likes
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us in Lufkin, TX for a special #GivingTuesday event, where all proceeds go toward the #TGAFoundation.
📍 Crown Colony
📅 Tues., Dec. 1 @ 10AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Lunch & Prizes
Follow ... 1 Likes