Griffins Lead Texas Father-Son
Briefly: Father-son duo Matt and Will Griffin lead after Round 2 of the Texas Father-Son at the Club at Comanche Trace with a 12-under par 60 on Saturday and a 36-hole total score of 126. Gary and Eric Durbin sit alone in second with an 8-under par 64 in Round 2 and a 36-hole total score of 131.
1 Griffin / Griffin San Antonio, Austin -18 66 60 126
2 Durbin / Durbin Houston -13 67 64 131
T3 Gill / Gill Houston, Sugar Land -12 65 67 132
T3 Salcedo / Salcedo Signoret The Woodlands -12 64 68 132
T3 Brown / Brown Jacksonville -12 65 67 132
36 Hole Results
Golf Course: Comanche Trace is a sprawling 27-hole complex set amid 1,300 acres overlooking the Guadalupe River in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. Of the three nines at Comanche Trace, the Texas Father-Son will be contested on the Hills and Valley Courses. These two nines comprise the original 18 holes at Comanche Trace and were designed by World Golf Hall of Fame member Tom Kite, along with Roy Bechtol and Randy Russell. The Creeks nine, added in 2008, was designed by the father-son team of Jay and Carter Morrish.
Weather: Sunny skies with a high in the mid-90s with a mild breeze out of the north.
In contention: Will and Matt Griffin made two eagles on holes 13 and 18 and nine birdies to end Round 2 of the Texas Father-Son with a 12-under par 60 at Comanche Trace. The Griffins are a strong force with Matt (father) as the current Club Champion at Comanche Trace and Will (son) posting two top 10 finishes at the Texas Amateur (2010 & 2011).
Searching for their first Texas Father-Son victory, Gary and Eric Durbin carded an 8-under par 64 in Round 2 of the Texas Father-Son, good for a two round total of 13-under par 131 and solo second. Steve / Brett Gill, Juan / Juan Salcedo, and Dean / Cameron Brown are currently tied for third place with a gross score of 12-under par 132.
Net Division Update: The Hogan Flight is led by Jeff and Walker White who shot a 12-under par 60 with a 36-hole total score of 127. Jim and Patrick Bailey follow behind with a six-under par 66 and a 36-hole total score of 132. First Round leaders Darrell and Tim Bowe lead the Nelson Flight after carding a six-under par 66 with a total 36-hole score of 123. They are followed by Garrett and Shane Hogan who carded a Round 2 four-under par 68 and a 36-hole total score of 131. Leading the Crenshaw Flight, Ken and Jackson Sampson shot nine-under 63 on Saturday. After Round 2 they sit atop their flight with a 36-hole net score of 124. The Kite Flight is led by Larry and Larry Caraway Jr. after they finished Round 2 with a score of seven-under par 65 and a 36-hole total of 128. The Caraways are followed by Robert and Tyler Cloud who carded a score of six-under par 66 and a 36-hole total score of 131.
What’s Next: The Final Round will begin at 7:30 a.m. for the Net Flights and the Championship and Presidential Divisions will begin at 12:40 p.m. off both No. 1 & 10 tees.
The Championship Flight consists of 38 teams with the lowest combined handicap indexes and will play four-ball stroke play the first two rounds. After 36 holes, the low 19 teams (and ties) continue on in the Championship Flight and will play combined score (individual stroke play using both players scores) in the final round. The three-day total is the team's score for the championship.
Teams not making the 36-hole cut in the Championship Flight will compete in the President’s Flight and play another round of four-ball stroke play. The format for all other flights is 54-hole net four-ball stroke play.
More Info: For more information on the Texas Father-Son visit the tournament homepage here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes