Bentwater Yacht and Country Club to Host Women's Four-Ball Championship
MONTGOMEREY – The 2019 Women’s Four-Ball Championship will be played August 12-13 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club’s Miller Course.
Bentwater Yacht & Country Club has played host to eight TGA events over the years, including the 2004 Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship. The Scott Miller design was built in 1993 and is one of east Texas’ premier golf courses. The layout is carved along the natural curve of Lake Conroe and features narrow tree-lined fairways, pine needle rough and TifEagle greens.
“Bentwater is thrilled to host such a great event,” Bentwater Yacht & Country Club Director of Golf Mark Steinbauer said. “The Miller Course is a great design filled with risk-reward holes. I am sure this will be an exciting championship to the bitter end.”
Scheduled for 36 holes of four-ball stroke play, the Women’s Four-Ball Championship will feature two sets of tees for the first time. The TGA wants to encourage women’s participation at every stage, from juniors to collegiate players to senior amateurs of all skill levels. The 10 teams with the lowest combined handicap indexes will be required to play in the Championship Flight. All other teams have the choice to select which flight they would prefer to compete in.
“The separate tees will allow for a better playing experience for all of our players and makes this championship more competitive,” Director of Women’s Operations Amy Worthington said.
The first Women’s Four-Ball Championship was held in 2007 at Redstone Golf Club. This year, in its 12th playing, the Women’s Four-Ball Championship has a full field of 50 teams and continues to attract some of the state’s best women amateur golfers.
“Anytime a player can team up with a friend it creates camaraderie for our TGA members,” Worthington said. “This championship provides a combination of fun and competition.”
At the 2018 Women’s Four-Ball Championship, Faith Summers of San Antonio and Kenzie Wright of McKinney fired a final round 11-under-par 61 at Stonebriar Country Club’s Fazio Course. The duo closed with five straight birdies to post 18-under for the tournament and win by four shots.
Among this year’s field is one of last year’s defending champions, Faith Summers. The senior at Southern Methodist University will tee it up alongside Camille Enright of Plano at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club. The duo will compete as a team for the first time, and both players look forward to the opportunity to play together.
“Faith and I have grown up playing together and we have a lot of respect for each other and our games,” Enright said. “The Four-Ball is so much fun because you get to be a little more aggressive because you have a teammate to work with.”
Summers hopes to bring her experience from last year, but she knows that the senior at Denver University, Enright, will be a great partner.
“Camille is an amazing golfer and so much fun to be with,” Summers said. “I think we’ll be a great team because she keeps a cool resolve on the golf course which will help us remain calm and I hype things up and get excited.”
ABOUT THE TGA: Founded in 1906 as the governing body of amateur golf in Texas, the TGA is an official representative of the United States Golf Association and the only licensed distributor of USGA GHIN Handicaps. We serve all golfers across Texas with elite competitive championships and recreational playing opportunities for men, women, seniors and juniors. The TGA is represented by hundreds of public and private facility Member Clubs throughout the state. It is our honor and responsibility to promote, protect and grow the game of golf on all levels. To learn more, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes