Huang and Chanthapanya Lead Divisions at Collegiate Preview
Leaders: Treed Huang of Katy posted rounds of 67-69 to get to 6-under overall in the Boys Division. Huang started his first round on hole No. 10 and went out in 1-under. He made a 30-foot birdie putt on the par-4 first hole and then added two more on the sixth and seventh to get to 4-under after 18 holes. His afternoon round was nearly similar with four birdies and two bogeys en route to his 2-under 69. Malisone Chanthapanya of Fort Worth leads the Girls Division after posting scores of 74-75 on Monday. She made two birdies on the day, the par-4 18th in the first round and the par-3 third in the second round and leads the division by two strokes heading into Tuesday’s final round.
1. Treed Huang, Katy, TX -6 136
T2. Peyton Johnson, Shreveport, LA -4 138
T2. Shaheen Momin, Sugar Land, TX -4 138
4. Daniel Moon, Temple, TX -1 141
T5. Dallas Hankamer, Temple, TX E 142
1. Malisone Chanthapanya, Fort Worth, TX +7 149
2. Lauren Rios, Coppell, TX +9 151
3. JJ Betz, Keller, TX +11 153
4. Raeleigh Davidson, Frisco, TX +13 155
5. Mia Gaboriau, Coppell, TX +14 156
To see all the scores from Monday, click here.
In Contention: Peyton Johnson of Shreveport, La. and Shaheen Momin of Sugar Land are tied for second in the Boys Division at 4-under 138 and paired with Huang for the final round. Both players shot identical scores of 68-70 in the first two rounds to get to 138 overall. Temple’s Daniel Moon sits in fourth place at 1-under 141 after shooting 3-under in the second round, while Dallas Hankamer, Holden Webb and Will Horn are tied for fifth at even-par. Lauren Rios of Coppell trails Chanthapanya in the Girls Division at 151 overall followed by JJ Betz of Keller in third, Raeleigh Davidson of Frisco in fourth and Mia Gaboriau of Coppell in fifth.
Shot of the Day: Jackson Naeger of Keller hit the shot of the day on the par-3 15th. Naeger had 211 yards and hit a 4-iron for a hole in one in the second round. The ace was his first ever and he sits in eighth place in the Boys Division at 1-over 143.
Tournament Format: The Collegiate Preview is a 54-hole stroke-play event for players with an active membership with the
Texas Junior Golf Alliance and that are 14 years or older and not yet enrolled in college. The event is modeled after a typical collegiate-style event with players playing 36 holes on the first day and 18 on the second. This event has been praised by past LJT Alumni for preparing them to play golf at the next level.
The Course: Mira Vista Country Club opened in 1987 and was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish. The par-71 layout is a tough test for the field and challenges each player’s abilities to hit shots into rolling fairways and tight green complexes. The course is being played at around 6,900 yards in the Boys Division and 6,000 yards in the Girls Division.
The Weather: It was warm and muggy all throughout the day on Monday in Fort Worth, Texas. The sun was shining and the breeze was light which allowed players to take dead aim into the greens.
Next Round: The final round of the Collegiate Preview will begin at 8:00 am on Tuesday with players going off the No. 1 and 10 tees throughout the morning. Champions will be crowned once all the rounds are completed with the top five finishers in the Boys Division winning trophies and the top three finishers in the Girls Division earning trophies.
What’s Next: The Legends Junior Tour heads south to Austin for the George Hannon Junior Invitational on Aug. 12-13. The field will take on the tough UT Golf Club layout and compete in yet another LJT Invitational event with critical points up for grabs for the Player of the Year Standings and the Jackie Burke Cup Matches.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes