Momin and Gaboriau Win at Collegiate Preview
Winners: Shaheen Momin of Sugar Land shot 5-under 66 in the final round to win the Boys Division of the Collegiate Preview. Momin, who made five straight birdies in his final round, posted scores of 68-70-66 to win by three strokes and claim his first victory with the Legends Junior Tour in 2019. Mia Gaboriau of Coppell won the Girls Division after making par on the third playoff hole.
1. Shaheen Momin, Sugar Land, TX -9 204
T2. Dallas Hankamer, Temple, TX -6 207
T2. Treed Huang, Katy, TX -6 207
4. Peyton Johnson, Shreveport, LA -2 211
5. Holden Webb, Shreveport, LA -1 212
1. Mia Gaboriau, Coppell, TX +16 229*
T2. Mia Nixon, Canton, TX +16 229
T2. Malisone Chanthapanya, Fort Worth, TX +16 229
4. Lauren Rios, Coppell, TX +23 236
T5. Raeleigh Davidson, Frisco, TX +24 237
*Won in Playoff
To see all the scores from the Collegiate Preview, click here.
Top Finishers: Dallas Hankamer of Temple shot 6-under 65 in the final round and finished tied for second with Katy’s Treed Huang, who was the 36-hole leader. Hankamer played bogey-free on Tuesday and made four birdies and an eagle in his round. The eagle came on the par-4 eighth hole when he chipped in from about 60 yards out. Huang shot even-par in the final round with a birdie on the first and 11th holes and back-to-back bogeys on six and seven. Peyton Johnson of Shreveport, La. finished fourth in the Boys Division at 2-under followed by Holden Webb of Shreveport, La. at 1-under. Jackson Naeger and Will Horn tied for sixth, while Daniel Moon finished eighth, Luke Eckholm finished ninth and Advait Chutke shot 2-under 69 to finish inside the top 10. In the Girls Division Mia Nixon of Canton and Malisone Chanthapanya of Fort Worth finished tied for second after falling short to Gaboriau in the playoff. Both players made par on the first playoff hole but Chanthapanya lost in the second playoff hole, while Nixon lost in the third. Lauren Rios finished fourth in the division, while Raeleigh Davidson and JJ Betz tied for fifth.
Tournament Format: The Collegiate Preview is a 54-hole stroke-play event for players with an active membership with the Texas Junior Golf Alliance and that are 14 years or older and not yet enrolled in college. The event is modeled after a typical collegiate-style event with players playing 36 holes on the first day and 18 on the second. This event has been praised by past LJT Alumni for preparing them to play golf at the next level.
The Course: Mira Vista Country Club opened in 1987 and was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish. The par-71 layout is a tough test for the field and challenges each player’s abilities to hit shots into rolling fairways and tight green complexes. The course is being played at around 6,900 yards in the Boys Division and 6,000 yards in the Girls Division.
Tournament History: The Collegiate Preview started in 2014 at Ridgewood Country Club. Ryan Grider, who is currently on the Baylor Men’s Golf team won the Boys Division while Hailee Cooper, who is currently on the Texas Women’s Golf team won the Girls Division. Both players would repeat as champions in 2015 at Hurricane Creek Country Club. Crosby Guercio and Hailey Jones won the weather-shortened event in 2016, while Grider and Elina Sinz won in 2017. The event was held at Cimarron Hills Golf & Country Club in 2018 and saw Garrett Martin win the Boys Division and Sinz win the Girls Division.
The Weather: The weather was similar to Monday with temperatures in the low to mid 90s and a gentle breeze that allowed players a chance to aim for the flagsticks.
What’s Next: The Legends Junior Tour heads south to Austin for the George Hannon Junior Invitational on Aug. 12-13. The field will take on the tough UT Golf Club layout and compete in yet another LJT Invitational event with critical points up for grabs for the Player of the Year Standings and the Jackie Burke Cup Matches.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 10 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...