Women's Texas Pinehurst Returns to Tapatio Springs
BOERNE – The 2019 Women’s Texas Pinehurst will be played Nov. 11-12 at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort.
On Nov. 4, 2017, Tapatio Springs lost its beautiful, 23,000 square-foot clubhouse to a catastrophic fire. It happened one day prior to hosting the 2017 Women’s Texas Pinehurst. The resort quickly sprang into action to rebuild the clubhouse and restore the Hill Country resort to a 5-star experience. The brand-new clubhouse opened on Oct. 1 and boasts a new dining room, bar, pro shop and fitness center.
Despite the devastating fire two years ago, the 18-hole championship golf course has stood the test of time. It underwent a $2 million renovation in 2015, led by renowned golf course architect Tripp Davis. The course is surrounded by live oak trees and rolls through the Texas Hill Country providing incredible views throughout the unique design. Golf Inc. Magazine named it one of the most improved public courses in the nation.
“With the new clubhouse, facilities and the golf course in great shape right now, we are excited to host the Women’s Texas Pinehurst,” Tapatio Springs Director of Golf David Murrah said. “We’re proud to be able to partner with the TGA to host it and put on a great event.”
Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort has played host to many TGA events including the 2019 Texas Shamble on Nov. 1-3. TGA Director of Women’s Operations Amy Worthington is looking forward to bringing the Women’s Texas Pinehurst back to the Hill Country.
“We are extremely excited to be coming back to Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort,” Worthington said. “It was unfortunate it couldn’t happen two years ago, but this will be great to expose some of the best women golfers in Texas to the newly improved Tapatio Springs.”
The Women’s Texas Pinehurst has a starting field of 50 teams (100 players). Scheduled for 36 holes of Chapman Stroke Play, also known as the Pinehurst Format, each player will hit their own tee shot. Next, the player will hit from their partner’s ball and vice versa. After the second shot, the partners select which ball they wish to score. Once they have chosen the ball, the team will play alternate shot until the ball is holed. The field will be preflight based on combined Handicap Indexes.
At the 2018 Women’s Texas Pinehurst Melissa Loh and Nancy Beck of Dallas carded back-to-back rounds of 1-over 72 to win by one stroke at Walnut Creek Country Club. The duo began the final round one-shot behind Joanna Davis and Marian Barker, who won the 2017 Women’s Texas Pinehurst. Loh and Beck played steady golf in the final round and leap-frogged the defending champions to secure the victory by one.
This year’s field includes another strong contingent of Texas women golfers. It includes the 2017 Champions Joanna Davis and Marian Barker, Cherri and Jan Rapp, among a host of other great players.
ABOUT THE TGA: Founded in 1906 as the governing body of amateur golf in Texas, the TGA is an official representative of the United States Golf Association and the only licensed distributor of USGA GHIN Handicaps. We serve all golfers across Texas with elite competitive championships and recreational playing opportunities for men, women, seniors and juniors. The TGA is represented by hundreds of public and private facility Member Clubs throughout the state. It is our honor and responsibility to promote, protect and grow the game of golf on all levels. To learn more, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes