The TGA is excited to announce that Westwood Golf Club will be hosting the 2020 South Mid-Amateur on March 27 – 29. Westwood GC has been a huge supporter of the TGA through the years hosting multiple qualifiers and Men’s competitions. Westwood most recently hosted the 2019 Houston area U.S. Open Local Qualifying and are also scheduled to host a U.S. Amateur qualifying this year and the 2021 Texas Senior Amateur.
Registration for the 54-hole individual stroke play event will open on Tuesday, February 4 at 9:00 a.m. and close on Friday, March 20 at 5:00 p.m.
Westwood was redesigned in 2002 by Keith Foster with the goal of making Westwood one of the premier private clubs in Houston. Along with the redesign, the club recntly completed golf course renovations which included both putting green and bunker work. The course can play to an overall length of 7,175 yards and will prove to be a strong test for competitors in the South Mid-Amateur field.
Entries Open: February 4th, 2020 @ 9:00 AM
Entries Close: March 20th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
Exempt Deadline: February 26th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Manager, Justin Guthrie
Entry Fee: $290
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are 25 years of age or older by the first round of tournament play, and reside in the South Texas region (31’ parallel, Salado, TX and South is the break point). Applicants must have a certified WHS Handicap Index of 8.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a) Top five (5) players (and ties) on previous year’s Medalist Hill Country points list;
b) Last five (5) South Mid-Amateur champions;
c) Last five (5) South Amateur champions;
d) Previous year’s South Mid-Amateur Low Mid-Master;
e) Previous year’s South Senior Amateur champion (Senior Division);
f) Top ten (10) finishers (and ties) in previous year’s South Mid-Amateur;
g) Three (3) Host Club exemptions.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players until the published exemption deadline of Wednesday, February 26th at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed, and if the field is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with waitlisted entries. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. For exemption request details, please view TGA Policies and Procedures. Exempt players must enter by the published deadline or they will lose their exempt status and spot in the final field.
|Tuesday, February 4th|
|9:00 AM||Entries Open|
|Wednesday, Febraury 26th|
|5:00 PM||Exempt Deadline|
|Friday, March 20th|
|5:00 PM||Entries Clise|
|Friday, March 27th|
|8:00 AM||Round 1 begins (#1 & #10 Tees)|
|Saturday, March 28th|
|8:00 AM||Round 2 begins (#1 & #10 Tees)|
|Sunday, March 29th|
|8:00 AM||Final Round begins (#1 & #10 Tees)|
|Following Play||Awards Presentation|
a) Top five (5) players (and ties) on previous year's Medalist Hill Country points list;
- Kiley Hardy
- Jay Reynolds
- Daniel Gurtner (ineligible)
- Alan Crosswell-Karam (ineligible)
- Alex Woodward
- Devin Young - 2019
- Broc Haymon - 2018, 2017
- Danny Simmerman - 2016
- Jay Reynolds - 2015
- Cody Banach - 2019 (ineligible)
- Jacob Davis - 2018
- Tim Hamm - 2017
- Danny Simmerman - 2016
- Nick Thornton - 2015 (ineligible)
- Kurt Lilley
- Scott Smith
- Devin Young
- Kevin Liberto
- Kurt Lilley
- Will Griffin
- Broc Haymon
- Alex Woodward
- Barrett Sandefur
- Bob Kearney
- Todd Albert
- Wesley Hansen
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. Exempt players must complete registration for the event by the published exemption deadline or they will lose their spot in the field.
|Wind:||From N at 10.36 MPH|
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month. 1 Likes
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021 1 Likes
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
https://qoo.ly/39utfdce2f7-0f4dcfcc7e-# 3 Likes
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox 1 Likes
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/women-worth-watching.html 2 Likes
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic 3 Likes
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!
#JARMemorial 12 Likes
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us in Lufkin, TX for a special #GivingTuesday event, where all proceeds go toward the #TGAFoundation.
📍 Crown Colony
📅 Tues., Dec. 1 @ 10AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Lunch & Prizes
Follow ... 1 Likes