The TGA is excited to announce that Westwood Golf Club will be hosting the 2020 South Mid-Amateur on March 27 – 29. Westwood GC has been a huge supporter of the TGA through the years hosting multiple qualifiers and Men’s competitions. Westwood most recently hosted the 2019 Houston area U.S. Open Local Qualifying and are also scheduled to host a U.S. Amateur qualifying this year and the 2021 Texas Senior Amateur.
Registration for the 54-hole individual stroke play event will open on Tuesday, February 4 at 9:00 a.m. and close on Friday, March 20 at 5:00 p.m.
Westwood was redesigned in 2002 by Keith Foster with the goal of making Westwood one of the premier private clubs in Houston. Along with the redesign, the club recntly completed golf course renovations which included both putting green and bunker work. The course can play to an overall length of 7,175 yards and will prove to be a strong test for competitors in the South Mid-Amateur field.
Entries Open: February 4th, 2020 @ 9:00 AM
Entries Close: March 20th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
Exempt Deadline: February 26th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Manager, Justin Guthrie
Entry Fee: $290
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are 25 years of age or older by the first round of tournament play, and reside in the South Texas region (31’ parallel, Salado, TX and South is the break point). Applicants must have a certified WHS Handicap Index of 8.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a) Top five (5) players (and ties) on previous year’s Medalist Hill Country points list;
b) Last five (5) South Mid-Amateur champions;
c) Last five (5) South Amateur champions;
d) Previous year’s South Mid-Amateur Low Mid-Master;
e) Previous year’s South Senior Amateur champion (Senior Division);
f) Top ten (10) finishers (and ties) in previous year’s South Mid-Amateur;
g) Three (3) Host Club exemptions.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players until the published exemption deadline of Wednesday, February 26th at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed, and if the field is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with waitlisted entries. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. For exemption request details, please view TGA Policies and Procedures. Exempt players must enter by the published deadline or they will lose their exempt status and spot in the final field.
|Tuesday, February 4th|
|9:00 AM||Entries Open|
|Wednesday, Febraury 26th|
|5:00 PM||Exempt Deadline|
|Friday, March 20th|
|5:00 PM||Entries Clise|
|Friday, March 27th|
|8:00 AM||Round 1 begins (#1 & #10 Tees)|
|Saturday, March 28th|
|8:00 AM||Round 2 begins (#1 & #10 Tees)|
|Sunday, March 29th|
|8:00 AM||Final Round begins (#1 & #10 Tees)|
|Following Play||Awards Presentation|
a) Top five (5) players (and ties) on previous year's Medalist Hill Country points list;
- Kiley Hardy
- Jay Reynolds
- Daniel Gurtner (ineligible)
- Alan Crosswell-Karam (ineligible)
- Alex Woodward
- Devin Young - 2019
- Broc Haymon - 2018, 2017
- Danny Simmerman - 2016
- Jay Reynolds - 2015
- Cody Banach - 2019 (ineligible)
- Jacob Davis - 2018
- Tim Hamm - 2017
- Danny Simmerman - 2016
- Nick Thornton - 2015 (ineligible)
- Kurt Lilley
- Scott Smith
- Devin Young
- Kevin Liberto
- Kurt Lilley
- Will Griffin
- Broc Haymon
- Alex Woodward
- Barrett Sandefur
- Bob Kearney
- Todd Albert
- Wesley Hansen
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. Exempt players must complete registration for the event by the published exemption deadline or they will lose their spot in the field.
|Wind:||From N at 5.82 MPH|
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes