Texas Cup Invitational Set for Mar. 9-11
MCKINNEY – The Texas Cup Invitational returns to Stonebridge Ranch Country Club’s Dye Course for the second consecutive year and will be played Mar. 9-11.
Now in its 13th year, the boys-only invitational is scheduled for 54-holes of stroke play and continues to draw one of the best fields on the LJT schedule.
“The Texas Cup Invitational is a great challenge for all and one of the three Major Events on the LJT schedule for boys,” LJT Tournament Director Kevin Porter said. “The past champions of this event have gone on to have successful collegiate careers and have credited the Texas Cup Invitational for helping them learn to compete.”
This will be the first Major Championship for the Boys Division in 2020, offering double points towards the Player of the Year standings as well as AJGA Performance Stars including fully exempt status for the winner. The tournament is also ranked by the World Amateur Golf Ranking, Junior Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek.
Stonebridge Ranch Country Club’s Dye Course opened in 1988 and is a true test of championship golf. The course features mini verde greens along with numerous bunkers spread throughout the property. Knee-high fescue lines the fairways and demands accuracy off the tee. The course will play as a par 71 for the Texas Cup Invitational and stretch out to 6,893 yards for the field.
“For the 30 plus years we’ve been open we have always tried to support the game through junior golf,” Stonebridge Ranch Country Club’s Dye Course Director of Golf Jim Sanders said. “The opportunity to host a championship of this magnitude is great for our club and great for our membership.”
This year, some of the state’s highest ranked juniors highlight the field. The 38th ranked junior in the nation, Michael Heidelbaugh of Dallas, will look to win his second LJT title. The 2020 Texas A&M commit won the 2019 Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship last summer. Matthew Griggs of Prosper and Nicholas Hance of Irving are also in the field. Griggs, a 2021 University of Arkansas commit and Hance are coming off a recent win at 2020 North Four-Ball played at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club’s Dye Course.
Other marquee players in this year’s field include 2017 Texas Cup Invitational Champion Brandon Massey of Fort Worth, 2020 Winter Classic Champion Ethan Fang of Plano, 2019 Boys 14 & Under Player of the Year Grant Yerger of Driftwood and 2018 Boys 14 & Under Texas Junior Amateur Champion Jase Summy of Keller.
At last year’s Texas Cup Invitational, the final round was canceled due to unplayable course conditions. Brian Boles of Lubbock carded rounds of 69-74 and was one stroke ahead of the field through 36 holes. The Major Championship title was the 2020 Texas Tech commit’s first LJT victory.
The Texas Cup Invitational has previously been hosted at Ridglea Country Club (2017-18), Mira Vista Country Club (2013-16) and The Honors Club of Dallas (2008-12), which was recently renovated into Maridoe Golf Club. The tournament has produced some stellar past champions including Stratton Nolen (2010), Chandler Phillips (2012), Braden Bailey (2013), Ryan Grider (2016), Thomas Bockholt III (2018) and last year’s champion Brian Boles.
The 2020 Texas Cup Invitational starts Mar. 9 at 8:30 a.m. at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes