LJT Spring Preview Moves to The Wilderness GC
LAKE JACKSON – The Legends Junior Tour’s Spring Preview heads to The Wilderness Golf Club on March 14-15 for the first time in the tournament’s 15-year history.
“We’re more than excited to bring the Spring Preview to Lake Jackson for the first time,” LJT Tournament Coordinator Adam Schulte said. “The Wilderness Golf Club’s commitment to junior golf and top-notch golf course make it a perfect fit for this event.”
The Wilderness GC opened in 2003 and was designed by Jeff Brauer. The 18-hole championship course is nestled in the wetlands just 10 miles north of the Texas Gulf Coast. Brauer framed the greens with dramatic bunkers and elevated faces. Players will not find a house or condo on the naturally beautiful golf course.
“The Wilderness Golf Club takes personal pride in its mission to help grow the game and share our love of golf with aspiring junior golfers from all over the state,” The Wilderness GC General Manager Doug Borow said.
The tournament has previously been held at Quail Valley Golf Course (2019), BlackHorse Golf Club (2014-18), Woodforest Golf Club (2011-13), The Golf Club at Twin Creeks (2009) and Cimarron Hills Country Club (2005-06).
The highest ranked junior boy in the field is Lake Jackson’s own Jacob Borow. The 2020 University of Houston commit’s father, Doug Borow, is The Wilderness GC general manager. Borow, who finished tied-fourth at last year’s Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship and runner-up at the 2018 Texas Junior Amateur, seeks his first LJT title. Andrew Spualding of Spring, Jacob Salazar of League City and Connor Adams of Dallas also feature the Boys 15-18 Division.
In the Girls 12-18 Division, Lauren Nguyen of Katy will look to win her first LJT title of the 2020 season. The 2021 high school graduate was the 2019 LJT Girls Player of the Year. Zoe Slaughter of Houston will also look to find the winner’s circle for the first time this season. The 2020 University of Houston commit’s last LJT victory was the 2017 Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship.
In the Boys 14 & Under Division, the current leader in the Player of the Year Standings, Trenton Mierl of Austin, looks to win for a second time this season, while Bowen Ballis of Shenandoah defends his 2019 title.
At last year’s Spring Preview, McKinney’s Reed Foster won the Boys 15-18 Division after carding back-to-back 2-under 69s. It was Foster’s first LJT victory. In the Girls 12-18 Division, Sky Sudberry of The Woodlands clinched the title on the fifth sudden-death playoff hole, while Ballis claimed the Boys 14 & Under Division with consecutive rounds of even-par 71.
Past champions of this event include Will Zalatoris, Maddie Szeryk, Stratton Nolen, Brad Dalke, Nathan Weant, Brendan Redfern, Travis Vick, Julia Beck, Cole Hammer, Hailee Cooper, Kyle Hogan, Turner Hosch and Hanna Alberto.
The Spring Preview will be ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek. AJGA Performance Stars will be awarded to top finishers in both the Boys 15-18 Division and the Girls 12-18 Division. All three divisions will hand out exemptions into future LJT Invitationals.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes