111th Texas Amateur Moved to Aug. 6-9
The 111th Texas Amateur has been rescheduled for Aug. 6-9 because of continued safety concerns from the COVID-19 virus. Originally scheduled for June 18-21, the 72-hole, stroke play championship still will be held at Boot Ranch Golf Club in Fredericksburg.
“From the onset of this unprecedented pandemic, the well-being and safety of every TGA Member and the general public has been and continues to be our No. 1 priority,” TGA Executive Director Stacy Dennis said. “We want to conduct the qualifying for the 111th Texas Amateur, as well as the championship itself, in the safest and most responsible manner. We also want to preserve the elite championship experience for the players.”
Along with new dates for the 111th Texas Amateur, the qualifying schedule also has changed. Qualifiers will be conducted from June 29 to July 24 under a modified schedule. More specific details about the re-scheduling of the 111th Texas Amateur and its qualifying schedule will be provided in the coming weeks.
“With only a week remaining before the start of qualifying, there were Stay-at-Home orders in place and dramatic modifications required at courses hosting qualifying rounds. With so much uncertainty, conducting our 111th Texas Amateur qualifiers on time became impossible”, said Kellen Kubasak, Director of Competitions for North Texas. “We want to provide a world-class championship experience and keep everyone involved safe. Moving everything back made the most sense. We’re grateful to Boot Ranch for accommodating us and the change in schedule.”
Texas Amateur qualifying originally was set to begin on May 4, but social distancing guidelines and governing orders continue to change rapidly. Non-traditional modifications required for course operations, such as raised cups and the elimination of bunker rakes, as well as limits to gatherings and public events continue to be interpreted. In order to comply with all applicable recommendations and protect the competitive integrity of the Texas Amateur, the TGA has elected to wait until every qualifying site can be played under normal tournament conditions.
If you’ve registered for a Texas Amateur qualifier, please DO NOT withdraw from the competition online. In order to reset the registration process, the TGA will automatically delete all previous entries and issue full refunds to everyone who registered for the championship between Jan. 27 and April 22.
Every player will be required to re-register for Qualifiers starting on May 13. The new re-registration period closes on June 22.
Entries for the 111th Texas Amateur are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas with a World Handicap System Index of 6.4 or less. The starting field will include 144 players, who will earn entry into the championship via qualifying at sites across the state or through an exemption category.
The TGA will continue to rely on Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations, as well as state and local government guidelines in locations where championships and qualifiers are to be conducted, in determining any further schedule considerations for the remaining events on the 2020 Competitions Calendar.
Again, please DO NOT withdraw from your 111th Texas Amateur qualifier online. All players will receive full refunds, and all players will be required to re-register starting on May 13. The TGA will distribute more details about the new qualifying schedule and the Championship as it becomes available in the coming weeks.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes