111th Texas Amateur Moved to Aug. 6-9
The 111th Texas Amateur has been rescheduled for Aug. 6-9 because of continued safety concerns from the COVID-19 virus. Originally scheduled for June 18-21, the 72-hole, stroke play championship still will be held at Boot Ranch Golf Club in Fredericksburg.
“From the onset of this unprecedented pandemic, the well-being and safety of every TGA Member and the general public has been and continues to be our No. 1 priority,” TGA Executive Director Stacy Dennis said. “We want to conduct the qualifying for the 111th Texas Amateur, as well as the championship itself, in the safest and most responsible manner. We also want to preserve the elite championship experience for the players.”
Along with new dates for the 111th Texas Amateur, the qualifying schedule also has changed. Qualifiers will be conducted from June 29 to July 24 under a modified schedule. More specific details about the re-scheduling of the 111th Texas Amateur and its qualifying schedule will be provided in the coming weeks.
“With only a week remaining before the start of qualifying, there were Stay-at-Home orders in place and dramatic modifications required at courses hosting qualifying rounds. With so much uncertainty, conducting our 111th Texas Amateur qualifiers on time became impossible”, said Kellen Kubasak, Director of Competitions for North Texas. “We want to provide a world-class championship experience and keep everyone involved safe. Moving everything back made the most sense. We’re grateful to Boot Ranch for accommodating us and the change in schedule.”
Texas Amateur qualifying originally was set to begin on May 4, but social distancing guidelines and governing orders continue to change rapidly. Non-traditional modifications required for course operations, such as raised cups and the elimination of bunker rakes, as well as limits to gatherings and public events continue to be interpreted. In order to comply with all applicable recommendations and protect the competitive integrity of the Texas Amateur, the TGA has elected to wait until every qualifying site can be played under normal tournament conditions.
If you’ve registered for a Texas Amateur qualifier, please DO NOT withdraw from the competition online. In order to reset the registration process, the TGA will automatically delete all previous entries and issue full refunds to everyone who registered for the championship between Jan. 27 and April 22.
Every player will be required to re-register for Qualifiers starting on May 13. The new re-registration period closes on June 22.
Entries for the 111th Texas Amateur are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas with a World Handicap System Index of 6.4 or less. The starting field will include 144 players, who will earn entry into the championship via qualifying at sites across the state or through an exemption category.
The TGA will continue to rely on Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations, as well as state and local government guidelines in locations where championships and qualifiers are to be conducted, in determining any further schedule considerations for the remaining events on the 2020 Competitions Calendar.
Again, please DO NOT withdraw from your 111th Texas Amateur qualifier online. All players will receive full refunds, and all players will be required to re-register starting on May 13. The TGA will distribute more details about the new qualifying schedule and the Championship as it becomes available in the coming weeks.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes