Flodder Financial Shootout Set for June 15-16
KATY – The Flodder Financial Shootout returns to The Club at Falcon Point on June 15-16 for the third straight year.
The Legends Junior Tour hosted the first Flodder Financial Shootout in 2013. Now in its eighth year, the open championship continues to elevate its strength of field.
“The LJT is excited to return to Katy for this year’s Flodder Financial Shootout,” LJT Tournament Coordinator Adam Schulte said. “The club has been an amazing host the last two years, and we look forward to a great event with a strong field of players.”
Flodder Financial Group has been the proud sponsor of the championship since the tournament’s inception in 2013. The company’s commitment and dedication to junior golf has allowed the championship to grow over the years. In fact, the 2020 Flodder Financial Shootout received the highest number of sign ups in tournament history.
Flodder Financial Group President Steven Flodder, a longtime TGA member and avid golfer, is excited to host this year’s tournament. It will be the second LJT event returning to the schedule since early March due to the coronavirus outbreak. The players, spectators, volunteers and LJT staff will be required to follow strict health guidelines to ensure a safe tournament for everyone involved.
“Golf requires you to be strong and resilient,” Flodder said. “The life lessons that come on a golf course are what prepare people to be successful in life and to recover from challenging moments. Now more than ever, the Flodder Financial Group is excited to help give these kids an experience to learn from the challenge and be ready for the next shot.”
The Flodder Financial Shootout is split into three divisions: Boys 15-18, Girls 12-18 and a Boys 14 & Under Division. Top finishers in each division will earn AJGA Performance Stars along with exemptions into LJT Invitational events. Unique to this championship on the LJT schedule, the winner of each division will receive a custom-made Flodder Financial Shootout silver belt buckle.
Jacob Salazar of League City won the Boys 15-18 Division last year after rounds of 69-70 to post 5-under par for the championship. Salazar’s five-shot victory marked his first LJT win, and the 2021 high school graduate will look to defend his title this year.
Katy’s Elina Sinz won the Girls 12-18 Division after carding rounds of 71-74 on her home course. The four-time LJT champion recently completed her junior golf career and will play for Auburn University this fall. In the Boys 14 & Under Division, Aaron Pounds of The Woodlands posted rounds of 70-71 to win by six strokes. He will compete this year in the Boys 15-18 Division.
All three players joined a distinguished list of past champions. Cole Hammer, an All-American at the University of Texas, and Walker Lee, a Texas A&M standout, each own a custom Flodder Financial Shootout belt buckle. Other notable past champions include Travis Vick, Ashni Dhruva, Macy Fox, Scott Roden and Garrett Martin.
The Club at Falcon Point is hosting the Flodder Financial Shootout for the third straight year. The 6,800-yard par-72 layout was designed by Bruce Devlin and Robert von Hagge. The course opened in 1984 and is routed through housing with Bermuda fairways and greens.
The first round is scheduled for Monday, June 15 with tee times starting at 7:30 a.m. Final round pairings will be redrawn per Round 1 scores and begins at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 16.
For more information on the Flodder Financial Shootout, click here.
ABOUT FLODDER FINANCIAL GROUP: The Flodder Financial Group prides itself on serving its clients through strong relationships. Its experienced team of advisors work with each client on a personal level. The group helps develop and implement tax, savings, investment and estate planning strategies. To learn more, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes