Collegiate Preview Set for July 6-7
ANNA — The Legends Junior Tour’s Collegiate Preview heads to Hurricane Creek Country Club for the third time in the tournament’s seven-year history.
Hurricane Creek Country Club recently hosted the Hurricane Creek Classic from June 9-12. The Women’s All Pro Tour event was won by LJT alumna Kristen Gillman of Austin. It was Gillman’s first victory as a professional golfer. Four weeks following the professional event, the club will welcome 96 of the top juniors in the state.
“We’re excited to be returning to Hurricane Creek Country Club for the first time since 2016,” LJT Tournament Coordinator Adam Schulte said. “The golf course is a true test and we look forward to crowning two worthy champions.”
Hurricane Creek Country Club was designed by renowned golf course architect Leon Howard in 1968. The traditional parkland golf course features tree-lined fairways and Bermuda grass greens. The 7,027-yard layout is nestled within a serene natural setting and water comes into play on 11 of the 18 holes. Hurricane Creek Country Club General Manager and Director of Golf Greg Morrison looks forward to hosting this year’s Collegiate Preview.
“Junior golf is a huge piece of what we do here,” Morrison said. “We always want to be involved in ways that we can help juniors. The golf course is in great shape and I think the players should expect a great test.”
The prestigious junior tournament was first played in 2014 at Ridgewood Country Club. Hurricane Creek Country Club played host in 2015-16, followed by a return to Ridgewood Country Club in 2017, Cimarron Hills Golf & Country Club in 2018 and Mira Vista Country Club last year.
The Collegiate Preview is restricted to players 14 years and older who are members of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. It is a 36-hole event that is ranked nationally by Junior Golf Scoreboard, Golfweek and the World Amateur Golf Rankings.
Sugar Land’s Shaheen Momin won last year’s Boys Division at Mira Vista Country Club in Fort Worth. Momin, who went on to earn 2019 Player of the Year honors, carded rounds of 68-70-66 to post 9-under-par 204 for the tournament. He claimed the title by three strokes and it was one of his seven top-10s last year.
Mia Gaboriau of Coppell won the Girls Division in a sudden-death playoff over Canton’s Mia Nixon and Fort Worth’s Malisone Chanthapanya. Gaboriau closed out the victory with a par on the third playoff hole to claim her first LJT title.
The LJT staff continues to monitor the health and safety guidelines from government officials in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. Following new strict health guidelines, the LJT successfully managed three safe and competitive championships in June (Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship, Flodder Financial Shootout and Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship). The LJT is committed to another safe and successful week at Hurricane Creek Country Club.
Along with LJT Player of the Year Points, players are competing for exemptions into LJT Invitational events. The top three finishers in the Boys Division will earn an exemption into the George Hannon Junior Invitational, Texas Junior Amateur, 2021 Texas Cup Invitational and 2021 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship.
In the Girls Division, the champion will earn a spot in the George Hannon Junior Invitational and Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational, while the top three will earn an exemption into the 2021 Texas Girls’ Invitational.
For more information on the Collegiate Preview, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes