Collegiate Preview Set for July 6-7
ANNA — The Legends Junior Tour’s Collegiate Preview heads to Hurricane Creek Country Club for the third time in the tournament’s seven-year history.
Hurricane Creek Country Club recently hosted the Hurricane Creek Classic from June 9-12. The Women’s All Pro Tour event was won by LJT alumna Kristen Gillman of Austin. It was Gillman’s first victory as a professional golfer. Four weeks following the professional event, the club will welcome 96 of the top juniors in the state.
“We’re excited to be returning to Hurricane Creek Country Club for the first time since 2016,” LJT Tournament Coordinator Adam Schulte said. “The golf course is a true test and we look forward to crowning two worthy champions.”
Hurricane Creek Country Club was designed by renowned golf course architect Leon Howard in 1968. The traditional parkland golf course features tree-lined fairways and Bermuda grass greens. The 7,027-yard layout is nestled within a serene natural setting and water comes into play on 11 of the 18 holes. Hurricane Creek Country Club General Manager and Director of Golf Greg Morrison looks forward to hosting this year’s Collegiate Preview.
“Junior golf is a huge piece of what we do here,” Morrison said. “We always want to be involved in ways that we can help juniors. The golf course is in great shape and I think the players should expect a great test.”
The prestigious junior tournament was first played in 2014 at Ridgewood Country Club. Hurricane Creek Country Club played host in 2015-16, followed by a return to Ridgewood Country Club in 2017, Cimarron Hills Golf & Country Club in 2018 and Mira Vista Country Club last year.
The Collegiate Preview is restricted to players 14 years and older who are members of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. It is a 36-hole event that is ranked nationally by Junior Golf Scoreboard, Golfweek and the World Amateur Golf Rankings.
Sugar Land’s Shaheen Momin won last year’s Boys Division at Mira Vista Country Club in Fort Worth. Momin, who went on to earn 2019 Player of the Year honors, carded rounds of 68-70-66 to post 9-under-par 204 for the tournament. He claimed the title by three strokes and it was one of his seven top-10s last year.
Mia Gaboriau of Coppell won the Girls Division in a sudden-death playoff over Canton’s Mia Nixon and Fort Worth’s Malisone Chanthapanya. Gaboriau closed out the victory with a par on the third playoff hole to claim her first LJT title.
The LJT staff continues to monitor the health and safety guidelines from government officials in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. Following new strict health guidelines, the LJT successfully managed three safe and competitive championships in June (Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship, Flodder Financial Shootout and Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship). The LJT is committed to another safe and successful week at Hurricane Creek Country Club.
Along with LJT Player of the Year Points, players are competing for exemptions into LJT Invitational events. The top three finishers in the Boys Division will earn an exemption into the George Hannon Junior Invitational, Texas Junior Amateur, 2021 Texas Cup Invitational and 2021 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship.
In the Girls Division, the champion will earn a spot in the George Hannon Junior Invitational and Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational, while the top three will earn an exemption into the 2021 Texas Girls’ Invitational.
For more information on the Collegiate Preview, click here.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes