Texas Senior Amateur Set for Sept. 25-27
The 83rd playing of the Texas Senior Amateur will take place Sept. 25-27 at Ridgewood Country Club in Waco.
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to conduct the Texas Senior Amateur at Ridgewood Country Club,” TGA Tournament Director Chris Untiedt said. “The club has been a huge supporter of TGA events over the years and will be a terrific venue for one of our oldest and most prestigious major championships.”
Ridgewood Country Club will host its first Texas Senior Amateur and seventh TGA championship this year. The club was previously the site of the 2019 Texas Super Senior Amateur and five Women’s Texas Amateurs dating back to 1956.
Designed by Texan Ralph Plummer, Ridgewood opened for play in 1947. Plummer utilized the site’s natural features – rolling, wooded land overlooking Lake Waco – to create a classic layout that features narrow fairways, cavernous bunkers and exceptionally quick, undulating green complexes.
“Ridgewood’s superintendent Travis Moore and his team have the golf course in incredible condition and the bentgrass greens are rolling fast and true,” Untiedt said. “We’re confident Ridgewood will present a comprehensive challenge for the state’s finest senior players and identify a worthy champion.”
The Texas Senior is open to male amateurs with a WHS Index of 6.4 or less, have reached the age of 55 on or before the tournament start date and are current Texas residents.
The format for the championship is 54 holes of individual stroke play. The starting field of 144 golfers play two rounds on Sept. 25-26. At the completion of the 36 holes, the field is cut to the low 54 players and ties for the final round.
Gary Durbin of Houston, who won the 2019 championship at Deerwood Club in Kingwood, will be back to defend his title. Durbin posted a three-day total of one-over-par 213 for a two-stroke victory over Kip Estep of Rockwall and John Pierce of San Antonio.
In addition to Durbin, six other past champions are set to tee it up at Ridgewood. They are two-time winners Lewis Stephenson of Mansfield (who won in 2018, ’16) and Ron Kilby of McAllen (2014, ’11), Ed Brooks of Fort Worth (2017), Mike Peck of Irving (2013), John Grace of Fort Worth (2010) and David Pocknall of Katy (2009).
Live scoring updates and daily recaps, as well as tee-times and pairings, will be available once the action gets underway from Ridgewood.
For more information, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes