Ridglea Country Club to Host Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship
FORT WORTH – The 2020 Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship will be played Sept. 28-30 at Ridglea Country Club’s Family Course
The John Bredemus design was built in 1928 and features a traditional layout with narrow fairways and small greens. The 18-hole championship golf course was renovated by Ralph Plummer in 1954 and then redesigned by Jay Morrish in 1987. Despite its shorter length, the tree-lined fairways and sloped Tifeagle greens have withstood the test of time and demand accuracy over brute strength.
“We are very honored to be hosting this event,” Ridglea Head Golf Professional Scott Adams said. “As a father of two golfing girls, there is a special place in my heart for women’s competitions.”
Scheduled for 54 holes of individual stroke play, the 96-player field will be split into flights following Round 2 based on 36-hole scores. Though the entire field will compete for the overall Championship, there will be five separate divisions for the final round. Competitors between the ages of 65-70 will compete for the Women’s Super-Senior Stroke Play Championship, while players 71 and older will compete for the Women’s Super-Super-Senior Stroke Play Championship.
At the 2019 Women’s Senior Stroke Play, Anna Schultz of Heath claimed her third Women’s Senior Stroke Play title. The decorated amateur golfer carded rounds of 74-71-71 at Pebble Creek Country Club to hold off Marilyn Hard of Magnolia by three strokes. Marian Barker of Lubbock, who won the 2018 Women’s Senior Stroke Play, captured the Women’s Super-Senior Division with rounds of 74-74-75, while Pam Almandoz of Houston defended her title in the Women’s Super-Super-Senior Division.
Schultz, who was inducted into the Texas Golf Hall of Fame in 2013, is among this year’s field and is looking to win her fourth title. But there will be plenty of other decorated players on hand determined to make their own history. The list includes 2019 runner-up Marilyn Hardy, decorated amateur golfer Jewell Malick, 2018 Super-Senior Champion Jan Rapp and TGA President Leslie Henry.
“We are fortunate to have a large group of talented senior women golfers in the state of Texas and the TGA is looking forward to showcasing one of the premier clubs in North Texas,” Director of Women’s Operations Amy Worthington said. “This year’s field includes some of our best players who love competing at a high level and we are excited for a safe and competitive championship.”
For more information about the Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship, click here.
ABOUT THE TGA: Founded in 1906 as the governing body of amateur golf in Texas, the TGA is an official representative of the United States Golf Association and the only licensed distributor of USGA GHIN Handicaps. We serve all golfers across Texas with elite competitive championships and recreational playing opportunities for men, women, seniors and juniors. The TGA is represented by hundreds of public and private facility Member Clubs throughout the state. It is our honor and responsibility to promote, protect and grow the game of golf on all levels. To learn more, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes