Comegys Fires 65 to Lead Boys 15-18 Division of Bluebonnet Championship
Briefly: Matthew Comegys shoots 65 and leads the Boys 15-18 Division of the Bluebonnet Championship at Brownwood Country Club. Karina Duran leads the Girls 12-18 Division, while Bowen Ballis and Rhett O’Rear are tied atop the Boys 14 & Under Division.
Leaders: Comegys is coming off a win at the North Texas Classic at Tangle Ridge Golf Course earlier this month and leads the Boys 15-18 Division by three strokes heading into Sunday’s Final Round. The Plano native made five birdies and two eagles in his round and played the par 5s at 6-under on the day. Duran leads the Girls 12-18 Division by one stroke at 1-under. The Schertz native made three birdies and an eagle in the first round to get under par. Ballis and O’Rear are tied for the lead in the Boys 14 & Under Division at 1-under. Shenandoah’s Ballis made four birdies, including two in his final three holes, to shoot 71, while Plano’s O’Rear made five birdies on Saturday. Both are seeking their second victory in the LJT’s Boys 14 & Under Division.
In Contention: In the Boys 15-18 Division, three players are tied for second at 4-under. Highland Village’s Trevor Algya made eagle on the par-5 18th to shoot 68, while Dallas’ Pierce Johnson made five birdies and The Hills’ Jack Lawlor poured in six birdies in his round. Four players are tied for fifth at 3-under, while six players are tied for ninth in the Boys 15-18 Division at 2-under. In the Girls 12-18 Division Austin’s Darrelyn Webster and Chaemin Kim trail Duran by one stroke after shooting even-par in the first round. Mexico’s Alexa Saldana and Cypress’ Maggie Ni are tied for fourth at 1-over. In the Boys 14 & Under Division, Bridgeport’s Brady Mann trails the leaders by two strokes at 1-over 73 followed by The Woodlands’ Finn Burkholder at 2-over and three other players tied for fifth at 3-over.
Golf Course: Brownwood Country Club has hosted the Bluebonnet Championship every year since its inception in 2000. The club sits in central Texas and features ample opportunities for players to go low and make birdies. The par-72 layout stretches to 6,300 yards for the boys and 5,800 yards for the girls.
Tournament Format: The Bluebonnet Championship is a 36-hole stroke play event for players ages 12-19 that have a valid membership with a member of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The tournament field features 120 players across three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18.
Weather: The wind was blowing at Brownwood Country Club for the first round. Temperatures ranged throughout the 80s all day with a steady wind of 15 miles per hour and gusts upwards of 30 miles per hour.
What’s Next: The final round of the Bluebonnet Championship will begin at 8:00 am on Sunday, September 27. Players will tee off the No. 1 tee throughout the day, with the Girls 12-18 Division going first, followed by the Boys 14 & Under Division and then the Boys 15-18 Division.
For more information about the Bluebonnet Championship, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Hurlbert, Smith Tied for 83rd Texas Senior Amateur Lead
WACO – Only two players broke par at venerable Ridgewood Country Club on Friday during the first round of the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur. Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia and Houston’s Scott ... 2 Likes
- Round 1 of the 83rd #TexasSeniorAm is underway at Ridgewood Country Club. Follow your favorite senior amateurs' progress with our live, hole-by-hole scoring: https://t.co/XasNhndFBa 1 CommentsEllen Bordelon Derrick Don Bord here is where you can follow the scores!4 Likes
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes