North Team Wins Texas Shootout
BRIEFLY: The North Team, captained by Mike Peck, captured the Texas Shootout Sunday afternoon at Traditions Club in Bryan after holding on to their Saturday lead. The 43-29 victory was the first time the North Team has won since 2018 at The Clubs at Houston Oaks. Since the beginning of the Texas Shootout in 2003, the North Team has now won the Texas Shootout 9 times.
The Ryder Cup style event continued to follow the pattern from the Saturday Matches with the North Team establishing their dominance in the Singles Matches.
Foursome Four-Ball Singles Total
North Team 11.5 11.5 20 43
South Team 6.5 6.5 16 29
GOLF COURSE: Designed by Jack Nicklaus and Jack Nicklaus II, Traditions Club opened for play in 2004 and serves as the home of the Texas A&M Men’s and Women’s Golf Teams. Nestled hard against the banks of Turkey Creek, the Nicklaus duo seamlessly incorporated the native hardwoods, rolling hillsides and natural water features into a stunning layout, one that demands precision tee shots and approaches, as well as a steady hand on the quick undulating greens.
WEATHER: The weekend weather saw highs around 80 degrees with sunny skies and just a slight breeze. Sunday morning’s Singles Matches were delayed by one hour and twenty minutes due to heavy fog in the area.
SATURDAY FOURSOME MATCHES: The North Team stormed out to an early lead in the Foursome Matches with three of the matches sweeping three points apiece. The South Team had one match sweep to bring the morning set 11.5 for the North Team to 6.5 for the South Team.
SATURDAY FOUR-BALL MATCHES: Mirroring that of the morning matches, the afternoon Four-Ball Matches once again saw the North Team post three sweeps of three points. The South Team was able to sweep the first afternoon match to bring the Four-Ball Matches to 11.5 for North Team and 6.5 points for the South Team. Heading into the Sunday Singles Matches, the North Team had 23 points posted to the South Team’s 13 points.
SUNDAY SINGLES MATCHES: With the North Team holding a 23 to 13 lead heading into Sunday, they expanded on their lead winning the Singles Matches 20 to 16. Eight of the twelve matches resulted in sweeps, 3-0, with the North Team posting five of them to the South Team’s three.
MORE INFO: The Texas Shootout started in 2003 and quickly became a favorite on the TGA Schedule. The match play event wraps up the 2020 men’s championship season. Please visit www.TXGA.org for more information on the Texas Shootout.
- Timeline Photos We asked -- you answered, and with 300 votes in, here are your #Top10 #BucketList Courses in #Texas nominees. As for the moment you’ve been waiting for… #Congratulations Jim J., your vote won you two #Free entries to an upcoming ... 9 CommentsOnly missing 4 and 10..but out assistant went to Colonial...so gonna check that box..and do Shady Oaks same trip.. Missing 1 and 10Spanish Oaks should be on this list19 Likes
- 🚨2021 SCHEDULE RELEASED
Men's Schedule ➡️ https://txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any&event_type=33
Women's Schedule ➡️ https://txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any&event_type=34
*NOTE: There are a few TGA events not on the calendar. They are still scheduled, but have yet to be sited - stay tuned. 7 Likes
- Lone Star Golf October 2020Engage with the TGA: Texas Bucket List #LastCall The deadline is this Thursday, Nov. 5 @ midnight CST. The winner of #FreeGolf for two will be announced on Fri., Nov. 6. Get your votes in now on which course tops your Texas Golf Bucket List! #LoneStarGolf
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us on Dec. 1 at Crown Colony Golf & Pro Shop for our 2-Person Scramble TGA #FunGolf Play Day! This 18-hole "Crown Jewel" is a fantastic getaway for any #golf enthusiast! Nestled in the tall pine trees of #EastTexas, ... 2 Likes
- Lone Star Golf October 2020Engage with the TGA: Texas Bucket List What's on your #TexasGolf bucket list? Take our brief survey for your chance to win a #FunGolf Play Day for two at one of our upcoming Dec. 1 Play Days. Follow the #LoneStarGolf link for details!
- 5 Things to Know: Fall Golf and World Handicap System October often signals the end of the season for many golfers, but opportunities still remain to post scores toward your Handicap Index. Here are 5 things to know about fall golf. 1 Likes
- TGA Players Box #THANKYOU for a record-breaking sellout this #TexasTuesday! Stay tuned for November's Texas Tuesday deal. Skip the wait & keep the deals coming when you sign up for the #TGAPlayersBox. Enjoy $30 off your first box when you join by Oct. ... 1 Likes
- 👏 Congratulations, Ashley Yen, on receiving the 2020 USGA-AJGA Presidents' Leadership Award! You are truly a leader on and off the course! Way to represent the state of Texas!
🔗 Learn More: https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/articles/2020/10/usga-ajga-presidents-leadership-award-2020-yen-creamean.html#returnable
Legends Junior Tour | United States Golf ... 1 CommentsCongrats Ashley!7 Likes
- 🏆 Marian Barker carded rounds of 74-77-70 at Ridglea Country Club to claim the 2020 Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship!
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-senior-stroke-play-championship-2020-leaderboard
🗒 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2020/09/30/marian-barker-wins-2020-womens-senior-stroke-play/ 5 Likes
- Ryan O’Rear won the 37th Texas Mid-Amateur late Sunday afternoon after defeating two-time champion Colby Harwell on the seventh sudden-death playoff hole at Oak Hills Country Club. The 29-year-old from Leander captures the victory with a 72-hole total of 3-under ... 24 Likes
- Padden Nelson's rounds of 67-69 give the 40-year-old a three-shot lead over Johnathan Schnitzer heading into Sunday at Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio. Nelson seeks his first TGA major championship with 18 holes to play. #TexasMidAm
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/10/03/padden-nelson-holds-lead-at-37th-texas-mid-amateur/
... 1 CommentsThought scores would be lower at OHCC.4 Likes
- Austen Fulmer leads the #TexasMidAm after an opening 5-under-par 66 Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio. The 38-year-old will carry a one-stroke lead into Saturday's second round.
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/10/02/austen-fulmer-leads-37th-texas-mid-amateur/
🔗 Leaderboard: https://txga.org/texas-mid-amateur-leaderboard-2020/ 7 Likes
- Sulphur Springs Country Club Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome #LastCall to join us as we head East for our next #FunGolf Play Day!⠀
📍 Sulphur Springs Country Club
📅 Fri., October 9 @ 1:30 PM Shotgun Start
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Food ...
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post John Derrick Wins the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur
WACO – Most golfers know how important course knowledge is when it comes to certain venues. The trickier the track, the more crucial it is to know the lay of the land. ... 7 CommentsWell played John. There was some great players in the tournament and the course playing its most difficult.Woo hoo! Congrats!Congratulations JD! Well played my friend ...👍26 Likes