Texas Golf Hall of Fame Expands Board
The Texas Golf Hall of Fame recently announced the expansion of their Board of Directors. The expansion adds a total of four board seats. It also greatly expands the depth of industry knowledge at the Board level for the Hall.
Newly appointed Board Members are:
- Sam Brewster – Managing Director of the Texas Lone Star Chapter of the Club Management Association of America, and owner of Brewster Association Services.
- Curtis Kelley, CCM – General Manager Preston Trail Golf Club located in Dallas, Texas. Mr. Kelley is also the past President of the Texas Lone Star Chapter of the Club Management Association of America
- Mike Epps – Past President, Lone Star Chapter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, and the current Golf Course Superintendent of the Mira Vista Country Club in Ft. Worth, Texas
- Johnny Walker – South Central Regional Representative, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, and former past President of the South Texas Chapter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
“We are delighted to have representatives from the CMAA and GCSAA join our Board. Their members and organizations will provide us with reach and bandwidth to enhance our future plans. The size, strength and professionalism of both organizations are great additions to our Board,” said Board Chairman Reid Meyers.
In addition to the newly added Board members, one board member, Marc DeWall, PGA – General Manager of Cordillera Ranch, reached the end of his term and has been replaced by Doug DeSive, PGA, a past President of the Southern Texas PGA.
In August 2020, the Hall announced the postponement of the festivities to honor the 2020 class of Inductees due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As restrictions ease, the Hall will soon be announcing the events planned for 2021 in future press releases.
2020 Texas Hall of Fame Inductees:
- Professional Player: Angela Stanford
- Amateur Player: Hank Kuehne
- Lifetime Achievement: Verne Lundquist
- Golf Professional / Teacher: Mike Wright
- Golf Professional / Teacher: Dow Finsterwald, Jr.
- Texas Registry of Historic Golf Courses: Oak Hills Country Club