Doggett, Nixon, and Three Lead at Flodder Financial Shootout
Briefly: Grant Doggett of Mont Belvieu is leading the Boys 15-18 Division after an opening round of 70, 2-under par. Doggett’s round consisted of four birdies on the day and two bogeys. Three of those birdies came during his first four holes when he birdied the par-4 1st, par-3 2nd, and par-4 4th. His round was one of two rounds under par for the day as The Club at Falcon Point held its own.
The only other round under par today came from Canton’s Mia Nixon, who is leading the Girls 12-18 Division. Nixon started her day with three consecutive pars before making birdie at the par-4 4th hole. She again birdied at the par-4 6th to make the turn at 2-under par. After turning, Nixon struggled early and made a double bogey on the par-4 11th, but quickly bounced back with a birdie on the par-5 12th. Nixon finished her round at 1-under par, 71.
Three players are tied for the lead in the Boys 14 & Under Division. Rohan Shastry of Allen, Coltrane Mittag of Ashland and Rhett O’Rear of Plano all carded opening rounds of 1-over par, 73. The trio tied at the top all had three birdies on the day respectively, but could not keep the bogies and double bogies away.
Boys 15-18 Division
1. Grant Doggett (-2)
2. Brooks Pawlak (E)
3. Kevin Nixon (+2)
T4. Ethan Parker (+3)
T4. Peyton Iverson (+3)
T4. Tyler Durden (+3)
Girls 12-18 Division
1. Mia Nixon (-1)
2. Jenna Madden (+4)
3. Morgan Ankenbrandt (+7)
4. Yvonne Chamness (+8)
T5. Vera Yi (+9)
T5. Jordyn Arts (+9)
Boys 14 & Under Division
T1. Rohan Shastry (+1)
T1. Coltrane Mittag (+1)
T1. Rhett O’Rear (+1)
4. Brody Knowlton (+4)
5. Jaxon Bandelier (+5)
In Contention: In the Boys 15-18 Division five players sit within five shots of the lead. Sitting two shots back in second place is Brooks Pawlak after an opening round of even par 72. Behind Pawlak in third at 2-over par is Kevin Nixon followed by three players for fourth at three-over par.
Five shots back of Nixon in second place in the Girls 12-18 Division is Jenna Madden. Morgan Ankenbrandt and Yvonne Chamness sit in third and fourth, respectively. Vera Yi and Jordyn Arts are tied for fifth place.
Brody Knowlton is three shots off the lead in the Boys 14 & Under Division and sits alone in third place. One shot behind Knowlton, and four off the lead, is Jaxon Bandelier.
Golf Course: The Club at Falcon Point is hosting the Flodder Financial Shootout for the fourth straight year. Designed by Bruce Devlin and Robert von Hagge, the golf course features 18 championship holes forcing players to hit a variety of shots. The course is playing just over 6,600 yards in both the Boys 15-18 Division and the Boys 14 & Under Division and a little less than 6,000 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division.
About the Sponsor: The Flodder Financial Group has sponsored the Flodder Financial Shootout since it’s inception in 2010. The group’s goal is to provide the most complete and accessible set of applications to help monitor and manage accounts. Kyle Flodder is the Managing Director of Client Strategies and played junior golf in Texas before going on to play collegiately at TCU. President of the group is Steven Flodder, who enjoys coming out and watching the players during the Flodder Financial Shootout.
Tournament Format: The Flodder Financial Shootout is a 36-hole stroke play event for players ages 12-19 that have a valid membership with a member of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The tournament field features 84 players across three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18.
Weather: Round 1 of the Flodder Financial Shootout featured overcast skies in the morning before opening in the afternoon. The afternoon blue skies produced a high of 91 degrees.
What’s at Stake: The top half of each division field will be awarded points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. The tournament is ranked by Golfweek and Junior Golf Scoreboard, while also awarding AJGA Performance Stars to the top finishers.
What’s Next: The final round of the Flodder Financial Shootout will begin at 7:30 am on Tuesday, June 22. Players will tee off the No. 1 and No. 10 tees throughout the morning with champions being crowned around 2:00 pm once all the scores are submitted.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Austyn Reily Wins the 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Minutes after Austyn Reily calmly tapped in a 3-foot par putt on Sunday to win the 112th Texas Amateur by a single shot, he didn’t credit supreme ball-striking, accuracy off the ... 21 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Doggett, Reily Tied for Lead at 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – A pair of collegiate upperclassmen share the 54-hole lead in the 112th Texas Amateur at 8-under-par 208. Jake Doggett, a fifth-year senior at Midwestern State University, and Austyn Reily, ... 7 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Wyatt Koricanek Grabs 36-Hole Lead at the 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Wyatt Koricanek was one of the last players to get into the field at the 112th Texas Amateur. Through 36 holes at Midland Country Club, the Yorktown resident ... 14 CommentsWay to go Wyatt!!! Good luck for the finish! 🏌🏼♂️WAY TO GO WYATT!!!👏👏👏Congratulations Wyatt!!!54 Likes
- 👏🏼 A special thank you to our wonderful volunteers for their help in conducting this week’s 112th #TexasAmateur. We couldn’t do it without you!
Texas Golf Association is at Midland Country Club. 2 CommentsSo many great people! Have a great event!The best in the business right there!24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Clay Hodge Leads 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Clay Hodge from Tyler scorched Midland Country Club on Thursday with a bogey-free, 8-under-par 64 to grab the lead after the first round of the 112th Texas Amateur. Hodge leads Aaron Hickman, ... 12 Likes
- Texas Amateur 2021 Midland Country Club has a rich championship history, having previously hosted three Texas Amateurs and two Women’s Texas Amateurs, and promises to provide an ideal stage once again for the 2021 #TexasAmateur! 1 CommentsGood luck to all involved hopefully will make threw qualifying for the mid-am this summer7 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Stout Crowned Champion of the 2021 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship
Dallas – Preston Stout officially claimed his wire-to-wire victory Thursday at the 22nd Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship. The Richardson J.J. Pearce High School junior finished the ... 1 CommentsCongratulations young man , wishing you continued success with your game.12 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Stout Maintains Veritex Byron Nelson Junior Championship Lead
DALLAS – Preston Stout, a rising junior from J. J. Pierce High School in Richardson, closed Round 2 on Wednesday at the Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship with an eagle on ... 8 Likes
- Texas Amateur 2021 For the first time in over 20 years, the #TexasAmateur heads west for a long-awaited return to Midland Country Club. Who will stand tallest in the expanse of West Texas and claim the state’s coveted amateur prize? Find out this ... 1 CommentsPan American Golf Association of Irving Good luck12 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Preston Stout Leads Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Championship
DALLAS – Preston Stout from Richardson birdied his final hole Tuesday at Lakewood Country Club to take a one-shot lead after one round at the 2021 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship. ... 1 Likes
- Driving Equity Grant Program Expands Women’s Golf Coverage The Driving Equity Grant Program, supported by the USGA, invites media outlets to expand their coverage of women’s golf by offering financial support to alleviate costs. 2 Likes
- Timeline Photos Happy #WomensGolfDay! Ready to get into #golf? Check with your local golf clubs to see if they host women’s clinics. See if there's a LPGA Amateurs Chapter in your area. Check out our #FunGolf (https://buff.ly/3yXnL1A) and Women's #Golf101 Clinics (https://buff.ly/3vJoRM9)! ... 4 Commentshahaha. Representing women golfers of AmericaWell, Texas.Nice y’all are famous lolAutographs....16 Likes
- Texas League Play Championship Playoffs Start June 3 The Texas League Play Championship Playoffs will assemble at Horseshoe Bay Resort from June 3-6 for 2021. Follow the link for the full details. 2 Likes
- Riverhill Country Club Play Day Event :: Join us this summer in Kerrville, TX for some Saturday #FunGolf! Only $70 for members & $80 for non-members.
📍 Riverhill Country Club
📅 Sat., July 10; 1 PM Shotgun
🏌️♂️ Individual Stroke Play
🏆 Includes 18 Holes & ... 1 CommentsLord Byrons backyarddddd.1 Likes