Biediger and Mierl lead Collegiate Preview
Briefly: Sophie Biediger leads the Girls Division of the Collegiate Preview after shooting 2-under across 36 holes on Monday. Trenton Mierl leads the Boys Division, but still has two holes to play in his second round at Lantana Golf Club.
Tournament Update: The Collegiate Preview faced a two hour and 10 minute weather delay during the second round, which was suspended due to darkness at 8:42 pm. The second round will be completed at 7:30 am on Tuesday and players will then proceed into their third round.
Leaders: Dallas’ Sophie Biediger leads the Girls Division after rounds of 74-68 on Monday. Her 4-under in the second round consisted of four birdies and no bogeys and she leads by three strokes heading into the Final Round. Austin’s Mierl tallied 10 birdies across 34 holes on Monday and leads by one over Connor Adams, while is the clubhouse leader at 7-under.
In Contention: In the Boys Division, Connor Adams holds the clubhouse lead after posting rounds of 65-71. The 7-under 65 was the lowest score on Monday and featured seven birdies with no bogeys. Garlands’ Sam Jenkins is in third at 6-under with two holes left to play in the second round, while Tyler Blackwell is in third and three players are tied for fifth. Defending champion Sam Dossey is tied for eighth with three other players at 3-under. In the Girls Division, Mallorie Luitwieler of Katy trails the leader at 1-over-par overall. Grace Frei of The Colony is tied for third along with Aubrey Tucker of Rockwall and Landry Saylor of Dallas. Mason Lewis sits in sixth place, followed by Kodi Nolen in seventh and three players tied for eighth.
Golf Course: Lantana Golf Club was founded in 2002 and the course was designed by Jay and Carter Morrish. The par-72 layout is playing to almost 6,800 yards in the Boys Division and 5,800 yards in the Girls Division. Inspired by the beauty of Texas Hill Country, the course maximizes the wooded terrain and natural beaty of the land. The signature hole on the course is the par-3 15th
Weather: Temperatures ranged in the mid to high 80s throughout the morning, but the sun was out for players during the first round. Rain and lightning swept into the area around 3:00 pm and caused a two hour and 10 minute delay during the second round.
Tournament Format: The Collegiate Preview is a 54-hole stroke-play event for players ages 14-19 that have an active membership with the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The event is divided into two divisions: Boys and Girls.
Texas Junior Golf Alliance: The Alliance is a joint venture between the Texas Golf Association, Northern and Southern Texas PGA and Houston Golf Association. The goal of the Alliance was to allow junior golfers a clear path to the best tournaments in Texas. Each of the three tier-two organizations (STPGA, NTPGA, HGA) conduct events that serve as qualifiers into the statewide tier-one events run by the Legends Junior Tour (LJT). This allows players to compete in local events in which they can earn spots to play in statewide tournaments.
Tournament Exemptions: All players that finish in the top half of each division will earn points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. The event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard, Golfweek, and WAGR.
Next Up: The Final Round of the Collegiate Preview is set to begin at 8:00 am off the No. 1 and 10 tees at Lantana Golf Club on Tuesday, June 29.
- 🎥 Watch the Women’s Stroke Play Championship here!!
Read the final recap here: https://www.txga.org/2021/06/27/mcmyler-crowned-champion-of-the-2021-womens-stroke-play/
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway We are proud to partner with Play Golf Designs Inc. for our Project Fairway #Dallas #Female Forum on Monday, July 5th.
We are gathering the most #powerful #women in #Texas to share their personal experiences, professional advice and lead powerful ...
- Tangle Ridge Golf Course Play Day Event :: #Swing into the #summer but stay cool with an early start in #GrandPrairie! Follow the link to register for this #FunGolf Play Day now!
📍 Tangle Ridge Golf Club
📅 Thurs., July 29 @ 8AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person 6/6/6
🏆 ... 1 Likes
- Emma McMyler goes 6-under par after round 2 of Women’s #strokeplay 😱 at #comanchetrace
read the round 2 recap here: https://www.txga.org/2021/06/26/emma-mcmyler-leads-womens-stroke-play-after-round-2/
check out the round 2 leaderboard here: https://www.txga.org/tga-womens-stroke-play-championship-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at Comanche Trace. 12 Likes
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway Looking forward to seeing you all there for a beautiful #celebration of #Golf, #Lifestyle & #WomensEmpowerment! Register today for this virtual event, presented by Texas Golf Association & Toyota USA, hosted @ the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Country Club. ... 1 Likes
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway REGISTER NOW at https://qoo.ly/3cusw2 and tune in Mon., July 5th to The #ProjectFairway #Dallas Female Forum 2021 Virtual Empowerment Experience presented by Texas Golf Association and Toyota USA hosted in the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Country Club. We'll discuss ... 1 Likes
- White Bluff Resort- Old Course Play Day Event :: Are you in need of a #staycation? Head to #Whitney for #golf & #relaxation! Register for this #FunGolf Play Day today!
📍 White Bluff Resort - Old Course
📅 Sun., July 11 @ 8:30 AM Shotgun
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Austyn Reily Wins the 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Minutes after Austyn Reily calmly tapped in a 3-foot par putt on Sunday to win the 112th Texas Amateur by a single shot, he didn’t credit supreme ball-striking, accuracy off the ... 26 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Doggett, Reily Tied for Lead at 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – A pair of collegiate upperclassmen share the 54-hole lead in the 112th Texas Amateur at 8-under-par 208. Jake Doggett, a fifth-year senior at Midwestern State University, and Austyn Reily, ... 7 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Wyatt Koricanek Grabs 36-Hole Lead at the 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Wyatt Koricanek was one of the last players to get into the field at the 112th Texas Amateur. Through 36 holes at Midland Country Club, the Yorktown resident ... 14 CommentsWay to go Wyatt!!! Good luck for the finish! 🏌🏼♂️Great Job Wyatt ⛳️WAY TO GO WYATT!!!👏👏👏54 Likes
- 👏🏼 A special thank you to our wonderful volunteers for their help in conducting this week’s 112th #TexasAmateur. We couldn’t do it without you!
Texas Golf Association is at Midland Country Club. 2 CommentsSo many great people! Have a great event!The best in the business right there!26 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Clay Hodge Leads 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Clay Hodge from Tyler scorched Midland Country Club on Thursday with a bogey-free, 8-under-par 64 to grab the lead after the first round of the 112th Texas Amateur. Hodge leads Aaron Hickman, ... 12 Likes
- Texas Amateur 2021 Midland Country Club has a rich championship history, having previously hosted three Texas Amateurs and two Women’s Texas Amateurs, and promises to provide an ideal stage once again for the 2021 #TexasAmateur! 1 CommentsGood luck to all involved hopefully will make threw qualifying for the mid-am this summer7 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Stout Crowned Champion of the 2021 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship
Dallas – Preston Stout officially claimed his wire-to-wire victory Thursday at the 22nd Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship. The Richardson J.J. Pearce High School junior finished the ... 1 CommentsCongratulations young man , wishing you continued success with your game.12 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Stout Maintains Veritex Byron Nelson Junior Championship Lead
DALLAS – Preston Stout, a rising junior from J. J. Pierce High School in Richardson, closed Round 2 on Wednesday at the Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship with an eagle on ... 8 Likes