Colby Amparan and Gary Ezmerlian Win Texas Four-Ball
HORSESHOE BAY – Fort Worth’s Colby Amparan and Gary Ezmerlian card a final round 7-under-par 65 to win the Texas Four-Ball by two strokes at Horseshoe Bay’s Apple Rock Course.
Amparan and Ezmerlian started the week with back-to-back rounds of 6-under 66s. The duo bested their previous two rounds on Sunday by firing a 7-under 65. Amparan and Ezmerlian teamed up to card seven birdies to post 19-under par overall for the championship.
“It was a total team effort,” Ezmerlian said. “I think that would be what it was the whole weekend. We were just a team. When one of us was out of it the other one was in it.”
Amparan and Ezmerlian played stellar golf all three rounds. They tallied 18 holes under par (17 birdies and one eagle) and never birdied the same hole.
“We didn’t make a bogey,” Ezmerlian said. “I don’t think we were ever really close to making a bogey. Just a team. Both of us the whole way.”
Amparan and Ezmerlian’s experience in playing partnership golf paid off on Sunday. Amparan, whose dad was in attendance, wanted to make a memory this week and was able to do so on the last hole with a great birdie putt.
“It went in and I yelled at him (Ezmerlian) ‘memories’,” said Amparan. “It was really cool.”
Kris Devlin of Austin and Trey Todd of Abilene tied Aaron Hickman of Tyler and Dallas’s Rob Couture for second at 17-under-par 199. Kyle Robbins of Keller and Jordan Wynn of Dallas tied for fourth with Derek Abel of Dallas and Chris Wheeler of Addison at 15-under-par 201.
In the Senior Division, San Antonio’s Ron Finnerty and Tommy Tucker ran away with victory by carding a final round 8-under 64. They won by four shots and tallied seven birdies and an eagle on Sunday.
This was Finnerty and Tucker’s first time to play in the event together, but they showed no lack of experience.
“This was my first Texas Golf Association event,” Tucker said. “So, it was pretty good. It’s a great feeling.”
Finnerty and Tucker tallied 18 birdies and an eagle as a team for the three rounds. They also recently won the senior division of the San Antonio City Four-Ball.
“Big time. Big time,” Finnerty said. “You know we’ve been working on our game and to get it to the point where it’s at now is great.”
William Shock and Scott Smith of Houston finished runner-up at 14-under-par 202. The teams of Mike Booker and Pat Youngs, Andrew Hydorn and Bill Jackson, and Don Gafner and Jim Quinn all finished tied third at 13-under-par 203.
In the Super Senior Division, Horseshoe Bay Resort members Aaron Billings and Richard Koenig took home the title following a closing 9-under-par 63. They posted an impressive 24-under-par for the championship to hold off John Grace of Fort Worth and Bill Holstead of Wichita Falls by two shots.
To win as members of the club was special for Billings and Koenig.
“I think it’s a good representation of Horseshoe Bay,” Billings said. “We’ve got some very good players here. I think we represented the super senior Texas Four-Ball well.”
James Long of Granbury and Buffalo Gap’s Danny Walters finished solo third at 12-under-par 204. Alan Dale and Bobby Haney of New Braunfels posted 9-under-par 207 to finish fourth.
The TGA extends its most sincere appreciation to Horseshoe Bay Resort, its staff and membership for their hospitality this week. Extra special thanks go out to Director of Golf Anthony Holder, Tournament Coordinator Holly Jenkins, Assistant General Manager Bobby Hagy, Food and Beverage Director Vildan Ruiz, Director of Agronomy Ken Gorzycki, Apple Rock Course Superintendent Michael Gale and the entire Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock grounds crew for their preparation and tireless work during the championship. The players and TGA staff know how pivotal their efforts were in making the Texas Four-Ball a great week.
For more information on the 2021 Texas Four-Ball, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congrats to the 2021 Texas Four-Ball Champions Colby Amparan and Gary Ezmerlian 👏🏆
🔸Senior Winners: Ron Finnerty & Tommy Tucker
🔸 Super Senior Winners: Aaron Billings & Richard Koenig
📖 Final Recap: https://www.txga.org/2021/08/29/colby-amparan-and-gary-ezmerlian-win-texas-four-ball/
📶 Results: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association ... 17 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Two teams sit tied atop the leaderboard heading into Sunday’s final round of the #Texas4Ball 😎
Colby Amparan & Gary Ezmerlian as well as Derek Abel and Chris Wheeler share the lead at 12-under par.
📖R2 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2021/08/28/two-teams-share-lead-heading-into-final-round-at-texas-four-ball/
... 10 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Round 2 of the #Texas4Ball is underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort’s Apple Rock Course!
💥 Aaron Hickman and Rob Couture lead the field by two as they begin their second round.
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf ... 8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball was suspended due to darkness and will resume tomorrow morning at 7:45 a.m.
Aaron Hickman and Rob Couture currently lead at 9-under par.
📖 R1 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2021/08/27/round-one-of-texas-four-ball-suspended-hickman-and-couture-lead/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at ... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 12 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes