Hardin Extends Lead at Women’s Senior Stroke Play
Waco: After 36-hole, Mina Hardin of Fort Worth leads by three strokes heading into the final round. Her three-stroke lead comes after she carded a Round 2 score of 7-over-par, 79. Ridgewood Country Club played significantly more difficult during the second round of the tournament and although conditions were tough, Hardin stayed focused. Her second round started on the par-3 fifth hole where she made her first bogey of the day. Quickly gathering her thoughts, she made par on eight of her next ten holes. Following her stretch of pars, Hardin made two more bogeys before making birdie on the par-5 18th. She finished her second round trading a pair of pars and bogeys. Hardin’s Round 2 score of 79 and Round 1 score of 73 puts her at 152, 8-over-par, for the tournament.
1.Mina Hardin (+8, 73-79, 152)
2.Anna Morales (+11, 78-77, 155)
T3.Linda Light (+12, 80-76, 156)
T3.Joanna Staton (+12, 74-82, 156)
T5.Kelley Nittoli (+13, 82-75, 157)
T5.Jewell Malick (+13, 78-79, 157
In Contention: Three strokes behind Hardin is Austin’s Anna Morales. Morales followed-up her Round 1 78 with a 77 in Round 2. This puts her at 155, 11-over-par, through 36-holes. Tied for third place at 12-over-par, 156, are Linda Light of Arlington and Joanna Staton of McKinney. The two are one shot back of second place and four back of the leader. Kelley Nittoli and Jewell Malick find themselves in a tie for fifth place at 13-over-par, 157. Nittoli’s 75 was the low round of the day and enough to move up six spots on the leaderboard.
Weather: Wednesday evening and early Thursday morning thunderstorms brought 2.25 inches of rain to Ridgewood Country Club before the second round. With the storms passing well before play, Thursday’s second round again saw an overcast sky with the sun periodically shinning through. The overcast sky kept temperatures cooler in the mid to high 70’s. The wind remained calm during the second round setting up for ideal scoring conditions.
Golf Course: Designed by Texan Ralph Plummer, Ridgewood opened for play in 1947. Plummer utilized the site’s natural features – rolling, wooded land overlooking Lake Waco – to create a classic layout that features narrow fairways, cavernous bunkers and exceptionally quick, undulating green complexes.
Next Up: Next on the TGA Women’s schedule is the Women’s Texas Pinehurst. This year’s championship will be played November 1-2 at Lady Bird Johnson Golf Course in Fredericksburg. Registration for the Women’s Texas Pinehurst will close on October 20 at 5:00 pm.
For more information on the Texas Golf Association, Women’s Events and more, please visit www.txga.org.
- Congratulations to #TGAMember Chris Garvin on winning 3 custom #EdisonGolf wedges during our latest #LoneStarGolf magazine contest! Stay tuned to find out why Chris loves the TGA and for another opportunity to win custom wedges in our next issue of ... 3 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Gary Durbin Wins the 84th Texas Senior Amateur
HOUSTON – Gary Durbin won his second Texas Senior Amateur on Sunday at Westwood Golf Club, a one-shot victory in the 84th edition of the major championship. He played the classic parkland ... 18 CommentsWay to scrap and claw Gary! Great jobIf it wasn't for the Ford, where would be? As good or better? Nice job Gary.Simply awesome! Congrats Gary!!!Jeff Atkinson thank u Jeff.40 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Gary Durbin Leads 84th Texas Senior Amateur after 36 Holes
HOUSTON – Gary Durbin is 18 holes away from winning the 84th Texas Senior Amateur. The Houston resident fired a tidy 2-under-par 70 in Saturday’s second round at Westwood Golf ... 9 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Four Tied for Lead after Round 1 at 84th Texas Senior Amateur
HOUSTON – On one of the best weather days of the year in Southeast Texas, Westwood Golf Club stood tall against the best senior amateurs in the state. ... 11 Likes
- Connections Made, History Felt at African American Golf Expo Two USGA staffers recently had the opportunity to bring artifacts and share stories at the inaugural African American Golf Expo and Forum in Atlanta. 4 Likes
- Play it Forward with Youth on Course We believe in the power of golf and we’re passionate about the power of play.
Thank you to #GolfNow and GolfNow users who together have helped subsidize more than 150,000 rounds of golf for #YouthOnCourse members with just their spare ...
- Timeline Photos This past weekend, the TGA entered a group of staff & a #FunGolf Series golf participant in the #Turner12 Golfing for Grads #fundraiser where they placed 1st with a gross score of 53! #Congratulations to Tanner Giles, Zach Madison, Kristen ... 2 CommentsWow! Great playing!Sam Hansard Nice post and I just saw your post on Facebook and I took the liberty to visit your ...Congratulations !!! Thank you again for participating 💚⛳16 Likes
- High Meadow Ranch Golf Club Play Day Event :: LAST CALL: Grab a partner & head south to #Houston for our upcoming #FunGolf Play Day!
📅 Thurs., Sept. 23 @ 9AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble
🏆 Includes 18 holes, range balls, cart & prizes
Follow the 🔗link to register now! 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Fort Worth’s Freddie Janneck rides a final round 4-under 67 to a three shot victory and becomes the 38th #TXMidAm Champion. 🏆
📖 Final Recap: bit.ly/3lfke8F
📶 Leaderboard: bit.ly/38YcXnN
Texas Golf Association is at The Clubs at Houston Oaks. 21 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Aaron Hickman & Ryan O’Rear share the lead heading into Sunday’s final round at the 38th #TXMidAm
📖 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2021/09/11/orear-and-hickman-share-lead-at-38th-texas-mid-amateur/
📶 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/3196531
Texas Golf Association is at The Clubs at Houston Oaks. 7 Likes
- Timeline Photos 🚨#TGAGiveaway🚨
Don't miss your shot at 3 Custom-Built Edison Golf Wedges! Contest ends Wed., Sept. 15 at midnight.
Texas Golf Association (Facebook & Instagram)
Follow the link for more details!
https://qoo.ly/3dzzj9 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post William Aycock leads by two with 36 holes remaining. He birdied 5 of his last 6 holes to take the round 1 lead. 🔥
📶 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/3196531
#TXMidAm | The Clubs at Houston Oaks 2 CommentsGo get ‘em William Blair!Thanks Bill! Hit it great all week but needed you there putting for me last two days hahaWilliam Blair hahaha, that’s scaryWilliam Blair11 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers check your email for this exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @ShortPar4. Get your custom Oxford Pullover today, starting at only $45!
Follow the link for TGA Players Box specials for men & women! 1 Likes