Pinecrest Country Club
August 18-20, 2023
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 21, 2023 at 9:00 AM
Exempt Entry Deadline: July 12, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Entries Close: August 9, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Entry Fee: $650 (team)
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas age 25 or older as of the first round of tournament play, with a WHS Handicap Index of 6.4 or less. To be eligible for the Senior Division, both players must be age 55 or older as of the first round of tournament play. To be eligible for the Super Senior Division, both players must be age 65 or older as of the first round of tournament play. Teams in the Senior and Super Senior divisions will need participants to have a WHS Handicap Index of 8.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Format/Field Size: The championship will be contested over 54 holes of four-ball stroke play with three (3) divisions; Championship, Senior and Super Senior. Each division will play from separate tees/yardages and separate champions will be recognized in each division.
At the conclusion of 36 holes the field will be cut to the low 40 teams (and ties), with a pro-rated representation from each division. The pro-rated allocation of teams making the cut from each division will be reflective of the number of teams in each division, relative to the total field size. The determination of total field size, number of teams in each division and pro-rated representation of teams making the cut (before ties) will be announced in conjunction with pairings being posted.
The field is limited to 80 teams, as outlined below:
- Championship – 25 & over (48 teams)
- Senior – 55 & over (20 teams)
- Super Senior – 65 & over (12 teams)
For complete championship information, click here.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, August 17
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM – Practice Rounds
Friday, August 18
7:30 AM – Round 1, Wave 1 begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
12:30 PM – Round 1, Wave 2 begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Saturday, August 19
7:30 AM – Round 2, Wave 1 begins (#1 & 10 Tees)
12:30 PM – Round 2, Wave 2 begins (#1 & 10 Tees)
Following Play – Field cut to the low 40 teams (and ties)
Sunday, August 20
7:30 AM – Final Round begins (#1 & 10 Tees)
Following Play – Awards Presentation
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a) Teams finishing in the top ten (10) and ties of the Championship Division in the previous year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship;
- Chase Clayton & Josh Logan, Will Dusenbury & Curtis Donahoe, Logan Richter & Bobby Hutcherson, Shayne Eddleman & Ryan O'Rear, Gary Ezmerlian & Colby Amparan, Trey Todd & Kris Devlin, Robert Gwin & James Minahan, Terrence Miskell & Casey Carnes, Scott Maurer & Gant Bills, Trevor Hyde & Luke Healy, Dan Depasquale & Jermaine Rakoczy, Chris Headen & Kevin Doskocil, Jordan Frye & Tyler Frye, Cole Moreland & Sean Bralley
b) Teams finishing in the top five (5) and ties of the Senior Division in the previous year's Texas Four-Ball Championship;
- Pat Youngs & Mike Booker, Bill Steen & Chris Goodspeed, Mark Jones & Luke Groves, Clay Hightower & Piper Marshall, Ron Finnerty & Tommy Tucker, Scott Smith & William Shock, Bobby Baugh & John Stark
c) Teams finishing in the top two (2) and ties of the Super Senior Division in the previous year's Texas Four-Ball Championship;
- Michael Puls & Tom Burns, Hollis Sullivan & Steve Whiteside
d) The current year's top five (5) teams and ties in the regional Four-Ball Championships;
- North: Bobby Massa & Ryan Zamorano, Kolton Crawford & Sean Heidrick, Liam Logan & Colby Pickavance, Zach Atkinson & Brad Gibson, Alden Crissey & Will Strickler, Colby Amparan & Gary Ezmerlian, Gant Bills & Scott Maurer
- South: Austin Fulmer & Alden Jonathan, Thomas Immenschuh & Sean Ferris, Carson Cooper & Grant Doggett, Colin Peck & Warren Smith, Marshall Roenigk & Nickolas Martinez
e) Any team that qualifies for and makes match play of the current year's U.S. Four-Ball Championship;
- Scott Loving & Jordan Russell
f) Two (2) host club exemptions
Note: An exemption earned by a team will only be accepted when both exempt players register as a team. If an exempt player registers with a non-exempt player, that player will forfeit their exempt status and their registration will be accepted under the event specific entry procedure.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. For exemption request details, please view TGA Competition Policies. Exempt players must enter by the published deadline or they will lose their exempt status and spot in the final field.