99th Women’s Texas Amateur
University of Texas Golf Club
Date: July 7 – 10, 2020
Host Club: University of Texas Golf Club
Address: 2200 University Club Dr. Austin, TX 78732
Phone: (512) 266-6464
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Director, Amy Worthington
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 1, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: June 24, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Deadline: June 24, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $275 per player
Eligibility: Entries are open to female amateur golfers with a certified WHS Handicap Index. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Entry Procedure: Lowest handicap indexes in multiples of 8 with a maximum of 64 players. In the event the championship becomes over-subscribed entries will be accepted in order of handicap index based upon the June 24, 2020 World Handicap System Revision.
UT Golf Club will be provided two(2) host club exemptions to give to members of the club interested in competing.
Field Size: The field is limited to 64 players.
Format: The 32 players with the lowest qualifying scores will fill the Championship Flight and contend for the title. The remaining players will be divided into four flights of eight based on qualifying score.
Flights with the highest handicap index of 1.5 will play from the Championship Tees.
What’s Included: The championship entry fee includes greens, cart and range fees for practice round and all championship rounds. The entry fee also includes a championship gift, and all lunch after all championship rounds.
Hotel: There is no host hotel for the 99th Women’s Texas Amateur. TGA Members can take advantage of Affinity Travel Benefits by utilizing their hotel search engine by clicking here.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1) complimentary practice round at UT Golf Club on Monday, July 6. Players must contact the host club golf shop starting on June 30th and identify themselves as 99th Women’s Texas Amateur Championship Players to schedule a practice round.
Registration Information: There will be no player registration for the 99th Women’s Texas Amateur. Players may pick up the tee gift in scoring after the qualifying round.
Pairings Information: Qualifying round pairings will be posted online at www.txga.org by Friday, July 3.
Prizes/Awards: Trophies will be awarded to the Champion of each flight and the Finalist of the Championship Flight. The Semi-Finalist of the Championship Flight and Flights 1-4 Finalists will be awarded. Medalist for the qualifying round, as well as the Junior Medalist and Senior Medalist will be awarded. To qualify for the Junior Medalist, you must be 19 years of age or younger by July 7, 2020. To qualify for the Senior Medalist, you must be 50 years or age or older by July 7, 2020.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure that competitors have the best possible experience when competing in the championship, it is helpful to be knowledgeable of Texas Golf Association (TGA) Policies and Procedures, Terms of Competition and Local Rules (Hard Card) as established by the association. For more information, please click here. For information specific to the Terms of Competition applicable to this championship, please see below:
Caddies: Caddies are not permitted for the 99th Women’s Texas Amateur.
Transportation: Players are encouraged to ride in carts during all championship rounds. Carts are limited to two(2) riders at one time and two(2) carts per group. Cart fees for all championships are included in the entry fee.
TGA Medical Cart Request Policy
Spectators carts are prohibited. However, spectators in accordance of ADA compliance may request golf carts. Requests for golf carts must be supported by complete documentation, including the fully-completed Cart Request Form and the required accompanying medical documentation specified in that form for all first-time requests. Any medical cart request that is granted by the TGA will be good for that individual for the remainder of that calendar season. A request will not be deemed complete until all required information and documentation has been provided. For further information and details contact Director of Competitions – South Texas, John Cochran IV, [email protected].
Schedule of Events
All events will take place at University of Texas Golf Club, unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Monday, July 6
11:00 AM – Player Practice Rounds
Tuesday, July 7
7:30 AM – 11:00 AM – Stroke Play Qualifying Round
Following Play – Player Lunches
Wednesday, July 8
7:30 AM – 9:45 AM – Championship – Round of 32 Matches
9:54 AM – 12:09 PM – Flights 1-4 – Quarterfinal Matches
1:30 PM – 2:33 PM – Championship – Round of 16 Matches
Following Play – Player Lunches
Thursday, July 9
7:30 AM – 7:57 AM – Championship – Quarterfinal Matches
8:06 AM – 9:09 AM – Flights 1-4 Semifinal Matches
12:30 PM – 12:39 PM – Championship – Semifinal Matches
Following Play – Lunch
Friday, July 10
7:30 AM – 7:57 AM – Flights 1-4 – Championship Matches
8:06 AM – Championship – Championship Match
Following Play – Player Lunches / Awards Presentation
- 100th Women's Texas Amateur Preview WATCH: Fort Worth welcomes the best women in the state for the 100th Women's Texas Amateur at River Crest Country Club.
The centennial anniversary will take place where it all began. #WomensTexasAm
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway We are proud to partner with Play Golf Designs Inc. for our Project Fairway #Dallas #Female Forum on Monday, July 5th.
We are gathering the most #powerful #women in #Texas to share their personal experiences, professional advice and lead powerful ...
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway Looking forward to seeing you all there for a beautiful #celebration of #Golf, #Lifestyle & #WomensEmpowerment! Register today for this virtual event, presented by Texas Golf Association & Toyota USA, hosted @ the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Country Club. ...
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway REGISTER NOW at https://qoo.ly/3cusyr and tune in Mon., July 5th to The #ProjectFairway #Dallas Female Forum 2021 Virtual Empowerment Experience presented by Texas Golf Association and Toyota USA hosted in the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Country Club. We'll discuss ...
- Timeline Photos Happy #WomensGolfDay! Ready to get into #golf? Check with your local golf clubs to see if they host women’s clinics. See if there's a LPGA Amateurs Chapter in your area. Check out our #FunGolf (https://buff.ly/3yXnL1A) and Women's #Golf101 Clinics (https://buff.ly/3vJoRM9)! ...
- Wilshire & Dees win the 2021 #WomensPartnership! 🏆🏆
Thank you to all of the competitors that came out to Riverhill Country Club!
🔗Learn More: https://www.txga.org/2021/04/13/wilshire-and-dees-win-the-womens-partnership/
🔢Final Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/tga-2021-womens-partnership-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
- Good Morning from Moody Gardens Golf Course for the Final Round of the 2021 #WomensEclectic!
🔢Live Scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-2021-womens-eclectic-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
- Henry and Dougherty Lead 2021 Women’s Eclectic
Learn More: https://www.txga.org/2021/03/08/henry-and-dougherty-lead-2021-womens-eclectic/
Women's Texas Golf Association is with Leslie Henry.
- Practice round is underway at Moody Garends Golf Course for the 2021 #WomensEclectic. The Texas Golf Association is looking forward to hosting a safe and competitive championship. Good luck to all competitors this week!
🔗Learn More: ￼ https://www.txga.org/tga-womens-eclectic-texas-golf-association/