TGA Medalist Series
About the TGA Medalist Series
The TGA Medalist Series was introduced in the 2007 tournament season as a means for members of the Texas Golf Association to kick start their tournament season. Whether you’re a seasoned competitive golfer or a new to the game with an itch to test your skills against fellow golf enthusiasts, the TGA Medalist Series provides a chance for players to play with a laid back feel.
Offering multiple events in North Texas and the Hill Country areas, the TGA Medalist Series provides ample opportunities for our amateur golfers to shake off the winter rust and get back into the swing of tournaments without jumping straight into regional or state championships.
As TGA Medalist Series have the intention of having a laid back feeling with minimal tournament operations set-up, the following is a list of potential items to not expect during your time playing:
- No TGA Staff and Referees/Officials on-site;
- No Operations setup (signage, tents, tables, feather banners, etc.);
- No Hole Location Sheets;
- No bottled water on the 1st or 10th tee (see pro shop for F&B and/or on-course beverage cart)
However, the following is a list of what TO EXPECT during your time playing:
- Tournament scorecards provided each round;
- Tournament Cart Signs (carts provided with tournament entry fee);
- Practice tee range balls (provided with tournament entry fee);
- Optional Skins Game (see Format below);
- Fun and enjoyable experience;
- Chance to meet other great people and networking;
- Great competition
All players who maintain an active World Handicap System (WHS) handicap of 15.0 or less through a TGA member club are eligible to compete in the TGA Medalist Series events. There are no regional restrictions (found in North and South Regional events); members can play in either the North or Hill Country Series. Players needing a WHS Handicap who are not members of a TGA member club can join the Medalist Golf Club (managed by the TGA online) by clicking here.
Each TGA Medalist Series event will be individual 36-hole stroke play competition with no cut. Each event will have an Open and Senior Division. Senior Division requires the player to be age 55 or older by the first round of the tournament. Each division will play from a separate yardage throughout the tournament rounds. Separate Champions will be crowned for each division as well.
The TGA Medalist Series also offers players a chance to participate in an optional skins game for each round ($10 per round – enter with the golf shop). Open and Senior Divisions will compete in the same pool for a chance at the available pot. 100% of entries are paid out.
Online entries will be accepted and available on the TGA Competitions Calendar of the TGA website beginning in the first week of the year (for all TGA Medalist Series events). The TGA accepts credit card payment from VISA, Master Card or American Express.
2020 TGA Medalist Series Schedule
1. February 15-16 – Fossil Creek Golf Club – Fort Worth, TX
2. March 21-22 – Firewheel Golf Park (Bridges – Champions/Masters) – Garland, TX
3. April 25-26 – Rockwall Golf & Athletic Club – Rockwall, TX
Medalist Hill Country
1. February 15-16 – The Bandit Golf Club – New Braunfels, TX
2. March 7-8 – Forest Creek Golf Club – Round Rock, TX
3. April 25-26 – The Club at Comanche Trace (Hills/Creeks) – Kerrville, TX
For each event players play, they will earn Medalist Player of the Year points based on their overall finish. There will be one (1) Medalist Hill Country POY and one (1) Medalist North POY. Medalist POY points are only available to players participating in the Open Division. Earning POY points will only count for that respective series the points were earned (i.e. playing in the Medalist North #1 will only count towards the Medalist North POY standings – not Hill Country).
Provided players are otherwise eligible, earned exemptions and their qualifications are given out into the following tournaments:
- Texas Mid-Amateur Championship – The Medalist Player of the Year in both the North and Hill Country Series receive exemptions into the 2020 Texas Mid-Amateur Championships at Oak Hills Country Club in San Antonio, TX on October 2-4, 2020.
- North Mid-Amateur – Top five (5) players on previous year’s Medalist North points list
- South Mid-Amateur – Top five (5) players on previous year’s Medalist Hill Country points list
- North Amateur – Top five (5) players on current year’s Medalist North points list
- South Amateur – Top five (5) players on current year’s Medalist Hill Country points list
Points are awarded base on the final finishing positions in the respective event. All ties, other than first place, which is determined by a sudden death playoff, will receive that positions full points (i.e. two players tie for second place will both receive the full allotment for second place).
TGA Medalist Series Point Value Table
|1) 500||10) 130||19) 40|
|2) 350||11) 120||20) 30|
|3) 250||12) 110||21) 25|
|4) 200||13) 100||22) 20|
|5) 175||14) 90||23) 15|
|6) 170||15) 80||24) 10|
|7) 160||16) 70||25) 5|
|8) 150||17) 60|
|9) 140||18) 50|
To view the TGA Medalist Player of the Year standings for both the North and Hill Country, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes