Club Licensing Process & Procedures
A golf club based in Texas should contact the TGA to have its club license agreement reviewed and signed.
For TGA member clubs, after the application has been completed and signed, it should be mailed to the TGA at 16200 Addison Road, Suite 150, Addison, TX 75001 for review and approval.
For non-member clubs, after the application has been completed, it should be mailed to the TGA at 16200 Addison Road, Suite 150, Addison, TX 75001. It will then be forwarded to the United States Golf Association Handicap Department for approval. The USGA Handicap Department will review the golf club’s application and will notify the golf club and the TGA regarding the status of the application.
Once approved, the USGA will have an updated listing of licensed golf clubs on the USGA Web site, . A golf club must be licensed in order to utilize the USGA Handicap System. Annually, the USGA Handicap Department will conduct a random audit of a number of golf clubs to ensure that they meet the requirements of the USGA Handicap System. If at any time a golf club is found to be non-compliant, it will then lose its privilege to utilize the USGA Handicap System and must apply for reinstatement.
Golf Club Audit Procedure
The USGA has initiated an audit program for golf clubs to ensure the integrity of the USGA Handicap System. All licensed golf clubs are subject to an audit by the USGA, regardless of whether there is a compliance item in question or not. Any licensed golf club that is reported to the USGA in writing as having a potential compliance issue is immediately subject to being audited. If an audited golf club does not satisfy the audit process, the USGA will send a letter stating the non-conforming issues and impose a time limit for the club to cure its deficiencies or run the risk of being dropped from the Authorized Golf Club list located on and lose its ability to utilize the USGA Handicap System.
The USGA will ask an authorized golf association in the area to contact the club about compliance. If neither that association nor the USGA is able to get the golf club to comply, the USGA will advise the club in writing that the club may not utilize the USGA Handicap System and may not use USGA trademarks in any manner. The club will be withdrawn from the list of golf clubs authorized to utilize the USGA Handicap System and the USGA will not accept entries into USGA Championships from any member of the club unless the member has a Handicap Index through a club that is in compliance. The USGA reserves the right to inform others that the club’s right to utilize the USGA Handicap System has been withdrawn.
If a golf club is dissatisfied with the initial decision, it may appeal to the Handicap Committee by sending written notice to the USGA within 30 days after being notified of the loss of its ability to utilize the USGA Handicap System. If the golf club elects to appeal, its representative shall be given reasonable notice of that Committee’s next meeting at which the matter may be heard, and shall be entitled to present its case. The staff shall submit to the Committee all information provided by the golf club together with staff’s findings and recommendation, and the USGA Handicap Committee shall issue a final decision on the matter.
Reinstatement Policy and Procedure
A golf club that has lost the privilege to utilize the USGA Handicap System will have to apply for reinstatement of that privilege and resubmit an application for a license agreement. Upon receipt of the completed application, the USGA will provide a list of requirements that need to be satisfied in order for the application to be considered. Upon the golf club satisfying the USGA that these requirements have been met, the USGA will notify the golf club and all parties that were previously notified of the club’s non-compliance that the club is again eligible to utilize the USGA Handicap System. However, the reinstated golf club is subject to the audit process during each of the next two years.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes