TGA Fall Series – DFW #2
Hackberry Creek Country Club
Date: November 16-18, 2020
Host Club: Hackberry Creek Country Club
Address: 1901 W. Royal Ln. Irving, TX 75063
TGA Staff Contact: David Kissane, Tournament Coordinator
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: September 16, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: November 11, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $175
Eligibility: Entries are open to male and female golfers who have an active WHS Handicap Index with a TGA member club and reside in the state of Texas. Male golfers must have an active Handicap Index of 6.4 or less and female golfers must have an active Handicap Index of 12.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures and Terms of the competition.
Entry Procedure: Each field will be established in the order in which entries are received. Each TGA Fall Series Event field will have two divisions, male and female, with 2/3 of each division comprised of golfers aged 24 and younger. The remaining 1/3 of each division will be comprised of golfers 25 and older.
Format / Field Size: Each TGA Fall Series event is scheduled for 54 holes of individual Stroke Play. Each field size will be 88 players, with two divisions – male and female. There will be 60 male golfers and 28 female golfers, unless a division does not fill.
What’s Included: The championship entry fee includes greens, cart and range fees for all championship rounds.
Hotel: There is no host hotel for the Fall Series – DFW #2. TGA Members can take advantage of Affinity Travel Benefits by utilizing their hotel search engine by clicking here.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1) practice round at the negotiated rate of $40(plus applicable taxes) including cart. Please contact the host club golf shop for availability and to schedule a practice round.
Registration Information: There is no official on-site registration or check-in required. Players should arrive to their starting tee approximately 8-10 minutes prior to their starting time.
Starting Times/Pairings Information: Starting times/pairings for the first and second rounds will be made no later than Friday, November 13 online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be available in the evening preceding play (approximately one hour after the completion of play) online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be re-drawn based on total score following the previous rounds of play.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure that competitors have the best possible experience when competing in the championship, it is helpful to be knowledgeable of Texas Golf Association (TGA) Policies and Procedures, Terms of Competition and Local Rules (Hard Card), as established by the association. For more information, please click here. For information specific to the Terms of Competition applicable to this championship, please see below:
Caddies: Caddies will not be permitted for any TGA Fall Series event.
Transportation: Players are encouraged to ride throughout the championship. There will be a maximum of two (2) carts per group and two (2) riders per cart. Players riding in shared carts must wear a mask when both players are in the cart. Players may walk at any time and will not be required to wear a mask if socially distant.
TGA Medical Cart Request Policy
Spectators carts are prohibited. However, spectators in accordance of ADA compliance may request golf carts. Requests for golf carts must be supported by complete documentation, including the fully-completed Cart Request Form and the required accompanying medical documentation specified in that form for all first-time requests. Any medical cart request that is granted by the TGA will be good for that individual for the remainder of that calendar season. A request will not be deemed complete until all required information and documentation has been provided. For further information and details contact Director of Competitions – South Texas, John Cochran IV, [email protected].
Schedule of Events
All events will take place at Hackberry Creek CC, unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Monday, November 16
8:00 AM – First Round Tee Times off #1 & #10 tee
Tuesday, November 17
8:00 AM – Second Round Tee Times off #1 & #10 tee
Wenesday, November 18
8:00 AM – Final Round Tee Times off #1 & #10 tee
- 5 Things to Know: Fall Golf and World Handicap System October often signals the end of the season for many golfers, but opportunities still remain to post scores toward your Handicap Index. Here are 5 things to know about fall golf.
- 👏 Congratulations, Ashley Yen, on receiving the 2020 USGA-AJGA Presidents' Leadership Award! You are truly a leader on and off the course! Way to represent the state of Texas!
🔗 Learn More: https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/articles/2020/10/usga-ajga-presidents-leadership-award-2020-yen-creamean.html#returnable
Legends Junior Tour | United States Golf ...
- 🏆 Marian Barker carded rounds of 74-77-70 at Ridglea Country Club to claim the 2020 Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship!
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-senior-stroke-play-championship-2020-leaderboard
🗒 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2020/09/30/marian-barker-wins-2020-womens-senior-stroke-play/
- Ryan O’Rear won the 37th Texas Mid-Amateur late Sunday afternoon after defeating two-time champion Colby Harwell on the seventh sudden-death playoff hole at Oak Hills Country Club. The 29-year-old from Leander captures the victory with a 72-hole total of 3-under ...
- Padden Nelson's rounds of 67-69 give the 40-year-old a three-shot lead over Johnathan Schnitzer heading into Sunday at Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio. Nelson seeks his first TGA major championship with 18 holes to play. #TexasMidAm
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/10/03/padden-nelson-holds-lead-at-37th-texas-mid-amateur/
- Austen Fulmer leads the #TexasMidAm after an opening 5-under-par 66 Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio. The 38-year-old will carry a one-stroke lead into Saturday's second round.
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/10/02/austen-fulmer-leads-37th-texas-mid-amateur/
🔗 Leaderboard: https://txga.org/texas-mid-amateur-leaderboard-2020/
- Sulphur Springs Country Club Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome #LastCall to join us as we head East for our next #FunGolf Play Day!⠀
📍 Sulphur Springs Country Club
📅 Fri., October 9 @ 1:30 PM Shotgun Start
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Food ...
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Hurlbert, Smith Tied for 83rd Texas Senior Amateur Lead
WACO – Only two players broke par at venerable Ridgewood Country Club on Friday during the first round of the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur. Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia and Houston’s Scott ...