TGA Fall Series –Hill Country
Vaaler Creek Golf Club
Date: November 10-12, 2020
Host Club: Vaaler Creek Golf Club
Address: 228 Jeff Vaughn, Blanco, TX 78606
TGA Staff Contact: Ian Davis, Tournament Director
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: September 16, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: November 4, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $175
Eligibility: Entries are open to male and female golfers who have an active WHS Handicap Index with a TGA member club and reside in the state of Texas. Male golfers must have an active Handicap Index of 6.4 or less and female golfers must have an active Handicap Index of 12.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures and Terms of the competition.
Entry Procedure: Each field will be established in the order in which entries are received. Each TGA Fall Series Event field will have two divisions, male and female, with 2/3 of each division comprised of golfers aged 24 and younger. The remaining 1/3 of each division will be comprised of golfers 25 and older.
Format / Field Size: Each TGA Fall Series event is scheduled for 54 holes of individual Stroke Play. Each field size will be 88 players, with two divisions – male and female. There will be 60 male golfers and 28 female golfers, unless a division does not fill.
What’s Included: The championship entry fee includes greens, cart and range fees for all championship rounds.
Hotel: There is no host hotel for the Fall Series – Hill Country. TGA Members can take advantage of Affinity Travel Benefits by utilizing their hotel search engine by clicking here.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1) practice round at the negotiated rate of $40 Monday thru Thursday or $55 Friday thru Sunday (plus applicable taxes) including cart. Please contact the host club golf shop for availability and to schedule a practice round.
Registration Information: There is no official on-site registration or check-in required. Players should arrive to their starting tee approximately 8-10 minutes prior to their starting time.
Starting Times/Pairings Information: Starting times/pairings for the first and second rounds will be made no later than Friday, November 6 online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be available in the evening preceding play (approximately one hour after the completion of play) online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be re-drawn based on total score following the previous rounds of play.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure that competitors have the best possible experience when competing in the championship, it is helpful to be knowledgeable of Texas Golf Association (TGA) Policies and Procedures, Terms of Competition and Local Rules (Hard Card), as established by the association. For more information, please click here. For information specific to the Terms of Competition applicable to this championship, please see below:
Caddies: Caddies will not be permitted for any TGA Fall Series event.
Transportation: Players are encouraged to ride throughout the championship. There will be a maximum of two (2) carts per group and two (2) riders per cart. Players riding in shared carts must wear a mask when both players are in the cart. Players may walk at any time and will not be required to wear a mask if socially distant.
TGA Medical Cart Request Policy
Spectators carts are prohibited. However, spectators in accordance of ADA compliance may request golf carts. Requests for golf carts must be supported by complete documentation, including the fully-completed Cart Request Form and the required accompanying medical documentation specified in that form for all first-time requests. Any medical cart request that is granted by the TGA will be good for that individual for the remainder of that calendar season. A request will not be deemed complete until all required information and documentation has been provided. For further information and details contact Director of Competitions – South Texas, John Cochran IV, [email protected].
Schedule of Events
All events will take place at Brookhaven Country Club, unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Tuesday, November 10
8:00 AM – First Round Tee Times off #1 tee
Wednesday, November 11
8:00 AM – Second Round Tee Times off #1 tee
Thursday, November 12
8:00 AM – Final Round Tee Times off #1 tee
- Which #FunGolf Play Day do you want to attend most? Don't see your top choice on the list? #TagAFriend and #TellUs using #TGAFunGolf21. View full Fun Golf event list here: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any&event_type=36
A) Texas Star Golf Course
B) White Bluff Resort ...
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month.
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!