TGA Fall Series –Hill Country
Vaaler Creek Golf Club
Date: November 10-12, 2020
Host Club: Vaaler Creek Golf Club
Address: 228 Jeff Vaughn, Blanco, TX 78606
TGA Staff Contact: Ian Davis, Tournament Director
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: September 16, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: November 4, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $175
Eligibility: Entries are open to male and female golfers who have an active WHS Handicap Index with a TGA member club and reside in the state of Texas. Male golfers must have an active Handicap Index of 6.4 or less and female golfers must have an active Handicap Index of 12.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures and Terms of the competition.
Entry Procedure: Each field will be established in the order in which entries are received. Each TGA Fall Series Event field will have two divisions, male and female, with 2/3 of each division comprised of golfers aged 24 and younger. The remaining 1/3 of each division will be comprised of golfers 25 and older.
Format / Field Size: Each TGA Fall Series event is scheduled for 54 holes of individual Stroke Play. Each field size will be 88 players, with two divisions – male and female. There will be 60 male golfers and 28 female golfers, unless a division does not fill.
What’s Included: The championship entry fee includes greens, cart and range fees for all championship rounds.
Hotel: There is no host hotel for the Fall Series – Hill Country. TGA Members can take advantage of Affinity Travel Benefits by utilizing their hotel search engine by clicking here.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1) practice round at the negotiated rate of $40 Monday thru Thursday or $55 Friday thru Sunday (plus applicable taxes) including cart. Please contact the host club golf shop for availability and to schedule a practice round.
Registration Information: There is no official on-site registration or check-in required. Players should arrive to their starting tee approximately 8-10 minutes prior to their starting time.
Starting Times/Pairings Information: Starting times/pairings for the first and second rounds will be made no later than Friday, November 6 online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be available in the evening preceding play (approximately one hour after the completion of play) online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be re-drawn based on total score following the previous rounds of play.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure that competitors have the best possible experience when competing in the championship, it is helpful to be knowledgeable of Texas Golf Association (TGA) Policies and Procedures, Terms of Competition and Local Rules (Hard Card), as established by the association. For more information, please click here. For information specific to the Terms of Competition applicable to this championship, please see below:
Caddies: Caddies will not be permitted for any TGA Fall Series event.
Transportation: Players are encouraged to ride throughout the championship. There will be a maximum of two (2) carts per group and two (2) riders per cart. Players riding in shared carts must wear a mask when both players are in the cart. Players may walk at any time and will not be required to wear a mask if socially distant.
TGA Medical Cart Request Policy
Spectators carts are prohibited. However, spectators in accordance of ADA compliance may request golf carts. Requests for golf carts must be supported by complete documentation, including the fully-completed Cart Request Form and the required accompanying medical documentation specified in that form for all first-time requests. Any medical cart request that is granted by the TGA will be good for that individual for the remainder of that calendar season. A request will not be deemed complete until all required information and documentation has been provided. For further information and details contact Director of Competitions – South Texas, John Cochran IV, [email protected].
Schedule of Events
All events will take place at Brookhaven Country Club, unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Tuesday, November 10
8:00 AM – First Round Tee Times off #1 tee
Wednesday, November 11
8:00 AM – Second Round Tee Times off #1 tee
Thursday, November 12
8:00 AM – Final Round Tee Times off #1 tee
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ...
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ...
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ...
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ...
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below.
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard