Junior Girls’ Travel Fund
Almost all competitive golfers dream of qualifying for a national championship. For a junior, competing in a USGA Championship might open doors for a college scholarship, a professional golf career or a lifetime love of amateur competition.
In 1986, ‘Nez Muhleman established the Junior Girls Travel Fund to ensure that girls from all over the state of Texas who do qualify for the U.S. Junior Girls Championship have the opportunity and resources needed to go play. This fund is solely designed to secure donations and raise funds to pay for the girls’ travel and caddie fees.
The TGA Foundation provides a unique opportunity for those who wish to support individual golfers pursuing high-end competitive opportunities. In order to protect the integrity of amateur golf, the USGA has established strict limits and procedures on financial assistance for expenses related to tournament golf. While this creates a clean line between amateur and professional golf, it also creates challenges for golfers with limited financial resources in their families. The USGA allows Authorized Golf Associations to accept and disburse contributions for tournament-related expenses directly to competitors. The Junior Girls Travel Fund provides a tax-exempt vehicle for donors to support junior girls needing assistance.
This fund was established in 1986 by the late ‘Nez Muhleman of Houston, who served as a USGA volunteer on the U.S. Girls Junior Committee for 31 years as well as volunteering for countless local, collegiate and state-wide competitions.
The Junior Girls Travel Fund Committee was formed in 2011 when Mrs. Muhleman retired from the USGA after receiving its highest volunteer award, the Joe Dey Award. The JGTF Committee is committed to continuing ‘Nez’s efforts and ideals to support all eligible junior girls.
The JGTF is funded through support from individuals, state associations and clubs throughout the state. The JGTF Committee hosts a fundraising golf tournament annually in June. The event, “The Nezzie” is played at Mrs. Muhleman’s longtime club, Riverbend Country Club, and all proceeds are directed to the fund.
Please contact Ellen Earle, Committee Chair, at (281)-265-3696 or email@example.com for inquiries regarding player participation or tournament sponsorship for the 2021 ‘Nez Muhleman Fundraiser Golf Tournament. Please check back to register for the 2021 ‘Nez Muhleman Fundraiser Golf Tournament. If you are interested in donating to this great cause, click HERE or contact Ellen Earle for more information.
For those of you who signed up before all of this happened, please email Lecia Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know if she should return your check or just tear up the check.
All our best,
The Junior Girls Travel Fund Committee:
Lecia Alexander, Julie Hoopingarner, Cathy Irby, Marty Parrish, Jeanie Peterson, Julie Robichaux, Peggy Spann, Ellen Earle
- TGA Launches New Website TGA Launches New Website! DALLAS – The Texas Golf Association launched its new website on Wednesday, May 27. The WordPress-based, fully responsive platform is easy to use and has a host of innovative features designed specifically for Texas golfers... Follow ... 1 CommentsAlbert Requenez Great update and design!9 Likes
- TGA is Joining forces with The Spirit Golf Association and Houston Food Bank for #COVID19 relief. 1.1 million food-insecure people rely on Houston Food Bank and its partner network for food assistance. Help us help our neighbors. Please consider donating ... 11 Likes
- Back2Golf PSA _30 (May 2020) A few key reminders from the United States Golf Association - USGA on #SocialDistancing as we get #Back2Golf! 1 CommentsChad Potts Has anyone heard if we are allowed to play a 5-some yet. When Abbott said groups of 4, our club ...1 Likes
- 🚨REGISTRATION IS RE-OPEN!
🏆111th Texas Amateur
🏌🏼New Qualifying Sites: https://txga.org/tournaments.php?region=&category=7&year=2020
🔗Register Today: https://txga.org/register-championship/
Boot Ranch | #TexasAmateur 3 CommentsAlbert Requenez Why not any is south Texas?Texas Golf Association Albert, With the rescheduled and restructured qualifying window for the Texas Amateur we had limited availability. We did our best ...Jimmy Alaniz Brittany AndrewsBrittany Andrews I’m down for over night stays in FREDRICKSBURG!!!🥰 ⛳️ 😝Matthew Lange Margaret Lange24 Likes
- The Texas Junior Golf Alliance partnered with the
Volunteers of America Classic to give female junior golfers a chance to qualify for an LPGA tournament!
The LJT, Northern Texas PGA, STPGA Junior Golf & Houston Golf Association have announced the ... 3 Likes
- #TGAUnited - Hailey Jones Today, we complete our #TGAUnited campaign with a message from Oklahoma State Cowgirl Golf freshman Hailey Jones. As the state of Texas begins to reopen, we encourage everyone to listen to the guidance of their local officials. Together, we are ...
- Timeline Photos Farmers Branch's Julia Gregg is currently a freshman at the University of Arkansas where she's majoring in Mechanical Engineering. She is a member of the golf team and competed in all events as a freshman before the season was cut ... 6 Likes
- During this time, the TGA’s priority is the health & safety of our members, players, volunteers and general public. Former TGA President and the Chairman, CEO & President of Veritex Bank, Malcolm Holland, shares a motivational message. #COVID19 #TGAUnited #GolfUnitesUs 4 Likes
- Foundation Video - Sierra Jameson Meet our 2019 John Semander #TGAFoundation scholarship recipient, Sierra Jameson from Roaring Springs, TX. She is finishing up her freshman year playing on the Blinn College golf team & will transfer to Texas A&M University in the Fall. Listen to ... 1 Likes
- During this time, the TGA’s priority is the health & safety of our members, players, volunteers & general public. 2020 Golf Coaches Association of America Honorable Mention PING All-American Parker Coody (Texas Men's Golf) shares a message for all Texas ... 3 Likes
- TGA Volunteer Program: “Giving back to the game we all love.” “The more we can reach out and touch and let them feel the difference the TGA can make the better it'll be for the game golf.” - Jim Brown, TGA Volunteer since 2007
The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to ... 2 CommentsCarter Page What a wonderful video full of some of the very best people I have had the pleasuring of working with ...David Pocknall As players we know we could not get to play tournaments without the volunteers. Over the years of my tournament ...13 Likes
- TGA 2019 Intern - Christian Cargile Christian Cargile was an intern during summer 2019 at Quail Valley Golf Course in Missouri, TX. She is finishing her freshman year at TCU – Texas Christian University and majoring in Dentistry. Check out her interview now as we catch ... 1 Likes
- As we extend condolences to those affected by #COVID19, we're committed to the health & safety of our TGA Family. Kristen Gillman, a 2-time #USWomensAm Champion, shares how she's been staying sharp during this time away from competitive golf. United ... 6 Likes
- Khloe Gibbs Khloe Gibbs from #LongviewTX is a youth golfer who upheld a grade point average of at least a “B” during the 2018-19 school year. She's a part of the #TGAFoundation #WinnersProgram & was the recipient of an iPad, intended to ... 1 CommentsKelly Kilgo Suzan C. Knox 😄Suzan C. Knox Kelly Kilgo...seeing all these videos is heartwarming. The TGA reaches so many people thru GOLF.10 Likes
- As we extend condolences to those affected by #COVID19, we're committed to the health & safety of our TGA Family. Here's TGA President Leslie Henry with an encouraging message for golfers throughout the state during this unprecedented time. #TGAUnited #GolfUnitesUs 9 Likes
- Only 7️⃣ days left to register for the 111th Texas Amateur at
🔗Register Today: https://txga.org/111th_Texas_Amateur.html
🏆Registration deadline for the #TexasAmateur is April 22 at 5:00 p.m. CST! 1 CommentsJoey Montiel Joshua Lamb let me caddie9 Likes