Junior Girls’ Travel Fund
Almost all competitive golfers dream of qualifying for a national championship. For a junior, competing in a USGA Championship might open doors for a college scholarship, a professional golf career or a lifetime love of amateur competition.
In 1986, ‘Nez Muhleman established the Junior Girls Travel Fund to ensure that girls from all over the state of Texas who do qualify for the U.S. Junior Girls Championship have the opportunity and resources needed to go play. This fund is solely designed to secure donations and raise funds to pay for the girls’ travel and caddie fees.
The TGA Foundation provides a unique opportunity for those who wish to support individual golfers pursuing high-end competitive opportunities. In order to protect the integrity of amateur golf, the USGA has established strict limits and procedures on financial assistance for expenses related to tournament golf. While this creates a clean line between amateur and professional golf, it also creates challenges for golfers with limited financial resources in their families. The USGA allows Authorized Golf Associations to accept and disburse contributions for tournament-related expenses directly to competitors. The Junior Girls Travel Fund provides a tax-exempt vehicle for donors to support junior girls needing assistance.
This fund was established in 1986 by the late ‘Nez Muhleman of Houston, who served as a USGA volunteer on the U.S. Girls Junior Committee for 31 years as well as volunteering for countless local, collegiate and state-wide competitions.
The Junior Girls Travel Fund Committee was formed in 2011 when Mrs. Muhleman retired from the USGA after receiving its highest volunteer award, the Joe Dey Award. The JGTF Committee is committed to continuing ‘Nez’s efforts and ideals to support all eligible junior girls.
The JGTF is funded through support from individuals, state associations and clubs throughout the state. The JGTF Committee hosts a fundraising golf tournament annually in June. The event, “The Nezzie” is played at Mrs. Muhleman’s longtime club, Riverbend Country Club, and all proceeds are directed to the fund.
Please contact Ellen Earle, Committee Chair, at (281)-265-3696 or [email protected] for inquiries regarding player participation or tournament sponsorship for the 2021 ‘Nez Muhleman Fundraiser Golf Tournament. Please check back to register for the 2021 ‘Nez Muhleman Fundraiser Golf Tournament. If you are interested in donating to this great cause, click HERE or contact Ellen Earle for more information.
For those of you who signed up before all of this happened, please email Lecia Alexander at [email protected] and let her know if she should return your check or just tear up the check.
All our best,
The Junior Girls Travel Fund Committee:
Lecia Alexander, Julie Hoopingarner, Cathy Irby, Marty Parrish, Jeanie Peterson, Julie Robichaux, Peggy Spann, Ellen Earle
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes