TGA COVID-19 STATEMENT [AS OF 04/01]
The Texas Golf Association has extended the suspension of all TGA-related events and activities through May 3, in accordance with Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order issued on March 31 to minimize social gatherings and in-person contact with non-household members through April 30. Our absolute top priority during this pandemic continues to be safeguarding the health and well-being of the entire TGA Family and all our fellow Texans.
We will continue to monitor all available guidance and regulations from the CDC along with other federal, state and local authorities to do what is in the best interests of those involved with our events and activities.
We hope that everyone remains healthy and safe during these unprecedented times. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and continued support, and we look forward to resuming competitive and recreational opportunities for our membership when it is safe to do so.
TAKE WHS ONLINE TRAINING SEMINAR
For Club Handicap Chairs and Administrators who are unable to get out and play golf and are stuck at home suffering from a touch of cabin fever, now would be a perfect time to learn more about the new World Handicap System (WHS) by taking the Online Training Seminar.
It consists of four video segments, with each segment made available after the previous one ends. After viewing all four segments, we encourage you to take the 20-question quiz. By successfully passing the quiz, you will be fulfilling a necessary requirement—your golf club will be shown as “authorized” to provide WHS Handicap Indexes.
To access the WHS Online Training Seminar, please click on the link below. (Note: Be sure to include the name of your golf club to fulfill the WHS education requirement and to ensure that your results are made immediately available to the TGA.)
USGA RULES AND HANDICAPPING GUIDANCE DURING COVID-19
As part of the governance role, the USGA has released a GUIDANCE MEMO to help golf course operators, committees and golfers better understand how the Rules of Golf and Rules of Handicapping apply during the COVID-19 era.
The 2019 Rules of Golf were drafted to offer each Committee the flexibility to make decisions as to how golf is played at their course or in competition and the Committee Procedures section of the Official Guide to the Rules of Golf (available online HERE) offers a significant amount of guidance and recommendations on how to address circumstances unique to each course or competition.
This flexibility will prove to be very helpful as Committees look to address many of the challenges they are facing within the current environment. While the Committee Procedures section is a tremendous resource and has much to offer, many of the current questions were not originally contemplated under the Rules of Golf and therefore there is no history or guidance provided.
To better address the questions that have come about because of these unique circumstances and the related challenges, additional guidance is available online HERE. This will continue to be updated by the USGA as additional questions are received.
DON’T FORGET TO STAY CONNECTED [NGCOA]
Historically, companies that focus on marketing and advertising during economic downturns are among the first to revive when the economy improves. To that end, the National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) has compiled marketing and customer service ideas you can implement while your clubhouse and/or golf course is slow or temporarily closed.
Utilizing marketing resources can help maintain relationships with your customers and develop new ones, and keep your golf course top-of-mind through these difficult days. (Note: these are just general recommendations; remember to always adhere to the CDC SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES and your state’s restrictions when making any business decisions). LEARN MORE
QUICK REFERENCE PLACEMAT
The World Handicap System is comprised of the Rules of Handicapping and the Course Rating System. The Rules of Handicapping replaces the USGA Handicap System, which has been in place since 1911, and the USGA Course Rating System has become the Course Rating System.The Quick Reference Placemat is an easy-to-follow, one-page guide that gives a brief overview of the key topic areas from which you can expect to receive the most questions from golfers. DOWNLOAD QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes