USGA TM PRODUCT UPDATE: MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
Just before the end of 2019, Golf Genius introduced one of its most impactful new features of the year: Marketing Campaigns. If the product update notice slipped your attention in the lead up to the busy holiday season, now is a good time to review some of the applications of this powerful new tool. USGA TM clients can now use existing email and text message templates to automate promotional emails for events. Using marketing campaigns can be a great way to increase event participation and revenue by engaging with golfers to promote events that are about to open for registration, events with low registration, events that are almost full, or events where registration is about to close.
The product update gives clients the ability to segment their Master Roster and customize marketing campaigns in a variety of ways, including by gender, age, Handicap Index and more. There are also options for when the emails and text messages are sent and how frequently. LEARN MORE
LESLIE HENRY ELECTED TGA PRESIDENT
Leslie Henry, who plays out of Memorial Park Golf Course in Houston, was elected to a two-year term as President of the Texas Golf Association, effective Jan. 1, 2020. She succeeds Carey Schulten out of Dallas National Golf Club; Schulten served from 2017-19.
Henry began her volunteer service in 2012 as a board member of the Women’s Texas Golf Association. She was instrumental in the process of merging the WTGA with the TGA in 2014 and was subsequently one of five women named to the TGA Board of Directors. Two years later, Henry was elected as the first female executive officer of the TGA. An accomplished amateur golfer, Henry has competed in the U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur and U.S. Senior Women’s Amateur and is a two-time winner of the Greater Houston Women’s Senior City Championship.
Henry is a Partner with Adams and Reese, one of the nation’s top law firms with offices in 16 cities across the southern Unites States. In 2016, Henry was elected a Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, one of the highest honors a member of the State Bar of Texas can receive. She also currently serves on the Adams and Reese Executive Committee.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR DCP QUALIFIERS
This month is a good time to remind all those promising junior golfers at your course that registration for 2020-21 Drive, Chip and Putt qualifying is officially open.The schedule of qualifiers, set to begin this summer at hundreds of locations nationwide, was also released, including the 10 venues hosting regional qualifiers for participants who advance in the fall.
Drive, Chip and Putt is a fun and free youth golf development initiative for juniors of all skill and ability levels, aimed at sparking a lifelong interest in the game. The initiative welcomes boys and girls, ages 7-15, to participate in local qualifying events in all 50 states throughout the months of May, June, July and August. Entrants will play in girls’ and boys’ divisions in four age categories, with scoring centered around golf’s three fundamental skills – driving, chipping and putting.
Top performers at the local level will advance through subregional and regional qualifiers in July/August and September/October, respectively. From these qualifiers, 80 finalists – 40 boys and 40 girls – will earn an invitation to compete in the National Finals at Augusta National Golf Club on Sunday, April 4, on the eve of the 2021 Masters Tournament. Qualifiers are conducted by all 41 sections of the PGA of America across the country. LEARN MORE
WHY IT’S TIME TO UPDATE YOUR EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK [CMAA]
Keeping a club’s employee handbook and policies updated is more important than ever, given America’s fast-changing legal landscape.
From the growing number of states that are legalizing medical and recreational marijuana to shifting employer obligations surrounding gender issues to new requirements for determining whether someone is an employee or a contractor, it can feel as if the regulations governing a club’s day-to-day operations are changing at a dizzying pace.
But lawyers who specialize in employment law say there are a few best practices regarding employee handbooks that, if followed, can minimize the liability a club might face. In his article for CMAA’s Club Magazine, author Jim Trageser outlines what topics to cover in an updated Employee Handbook To-Do List. LEARN MORE
QUICK REFERENCE PLACEMAT
The World Handicap System is comprised of the Rules of Handicapping and the Course Rating System. The Rules of Handicapping replaces the USGA Handicap System, which has been in place since 1911, and the USGA Course Rating System has become the Course Rating System.The Quick Reference Placemat is an easy-to-follow, one-page guide that gives a brief overview of the key topic areas from which you can expect to receive the most questions from golfers. DOWNLOAD QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Tracy Lundberg Clark Yes!! The Clark family loves Mr. Brown! Congratulations! Thank you for all you do for Texas Golf!! Collin Clark52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes