USGA TM PRODUCT UPDATE [WHS]
There were several notable enhancements in the most recent update for users of the USGA Tournament Management product to coincide with the launch of the World Handicap System. Users can now update Handicap Indexes and post scores to GHIN from within USGA Tournament Management. The new USGA RULES OF HANDICAPPING also now apply. Recent product enhancements include:
- Daily Revisions: Handicap Indexes will no longer be updated every two weeks. Instead, you can update and revise Handicap Indexes daily. When UPDATING THE HANDICAP INDEXES, you can now select the revision date.
- New Playing Handicap Computation: There is now a new method of computing Playing Handicaps. Golf Genius suggests creating test events and viewing the HANDICAP ANALYSIS to better understand the changes. To view a comprehensive guide on computing Playing Handicaps for competitions, CLICK HERE.
- Maximum Hole Score for Posting: When POSTING SCORES, ESC (Equitable Stroke Control) is no longer being applied. Instead, the maximum posted score for a hole is now a net double bogey. For full details, reference Rule 3.1b in the USGA Rules of Handicapping.
- Handicap Allowances: Handicap Allowance recommendations for certain competitions have changed. For full details, reference Appendix C in the USGA Rules of Handicapping.
JOIN TEXAS LEAGUE PLAY AND BOOST CLUB SPIRIT
Texas League Play begins its 16th season in 2020 looking to expand the roster and attract more TGA Member Clubs that would like to join in on the fun. Last year, 56 teams in 14 conferences competed in Texas League Play, with Odessa Country Club claiming the overall title in the championship playoffs held at Horseshoe Bay Resort.
Since its inception in 2006, Texas League Play has helped to foster the appeal of interclub matches all across the state. This exciting team match play competition utilizes the Low Handicap Index established by the World Handicap System to level the playing field for competitors of all skill levels and presents TGA Member Clubs with a unique opportunity to engage with their members. The thrill golfers get out of playing for their home club in Texas League Play is an amazing way to provide high-energy fun, build camaraderie, boost club spirit and strengthen member relationships.
Registration for 2020 Texas League Play opened on Jan. 7 and will close on March 13. If your members would enjoy being part of this unforgettable golf experience and need some help getting started, please contact the TGA’s Championship Department at (214) 468-8942.
QUICK REFERENCE PLACEMAT
The World Handicap System is comprised of the Rules of Handicapping and the Course Rating System. The Rules of Handicapping replaces the USGA Handicap System, which has been in place since 1911, and the USGA Course Rating System has become the Course Rating System.The Quick Reference Placemat is an easy-to-follow, one-page guide that gives a brief overview of the key topic areas from which you can expect to receive the most questions from golfers. DOWNLOAD QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
WHS ABBREVIATED CHANGE SUMMARIES
The change from the USGA Handicap System to the new World Handicap System went into effect Jan. 1, 2020. With the objective of making the transition easier to understand, the USGA and The R&A have produce an Abbreviated Change Summaries paper that identifies the main changes expected to have the most impact on golfers. The summary chart covering the major changes outlines 1) the current USGA Handicap System policy, 2) the new Rules of Handicapping change and 3) reasons for the change and why it matters. DOWNLOAD ABBREVIATED VERSION
There is also a more in-depth version available for download. Each of the one-page documents in the full version goes into greater detail about the major changes from the USGA Handicap System to the World Handicap System. DOWNLOAD FULL VERSION
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes