LATEST USGA TM PRODUCT UPDATE
A great, time-saving USGA TM product update was recently released by the developers at Golf Genius. The popular new Navigator feature is designed to quickly guide users to specific product functions in a flash.
There are well over 100 pages on the Manager Site where you can access features and functions. While having such robust functionality is great, it can sometimes be difficult to find the page you are looking for. Because of this, the Navigator is always available to help you find your way. The Navigator is a widget that allows you to search and find pages needed to accomplish specific tasks. You can also bookmark popular pages to be easily accessed, and order them to establish a typical event workflow.
It’s important to understand that the primary purpose of the Navigator is to show you WHERE to accomplish a task and not HOW to accomplish a task (where the Knowledge Base is used). VIEW NAVIGATOR TUTORIAL
CHANGES IN THE 2019 RULES OF GOLF FOR MATCH PLAY
While the majority of casual and tournament golf is played at stroke play, match play takes the spotlight in the month of July with the staging of the 98th Women’s Texas Amateur at Bent Tree Country Club in Dallas and the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play hosted by Shadow Hawk Golf Club in Richmond.
Many TGA Member Clubs embrace the fun of match play events and conduct a number of exciting head-to-head competitions over the course of the year. Generally speaking, the Rules of Golf apply in the same way in both stroke play and match play. There is some variation, however, to account for the core differences between the two forms of play, most of which stem from the fact that only two players are involved in a standard match and that scoring is done on a hole-by-hole basis. If your club is fond of hosting match play competitions and has some upcoming events on the calendar, now is a good time to review what changes the 2019 Rules of Golf have on match play, specifically to terminology and to some match play outcomes. READ MORE
2019 GOLF PARTICIPATION REPORT SHOWS POSITIVE TRENDS [NGF]
he ways in which people are playing golf and engaging with the game continue to evolve. To reflect this, the NGF several years ago expanded its definition of participation, part of an ongoing effort to more accurately measure golf’s overall consumer base — both on and off the golf course.
Participation in traditional green-grass golf has held steady in recent years, finding a new support level of approximately 24 million. In 2018, the number people ages 6-and-up who played at least one round of golf on a golf course increased incrementally to 24.2 million. While this rise from 23.8 million in 2017 falls within the margin of error for the NGF’s national surveys, it is the first measured increase in 14 years.
Off-course participation, meanwhile, increased by almost 10% in 2018, with an estimated 23 million people hitting golf balls with clubs at golf-entertainment venues like Topgolf and Drive Shack, at stand-alone ranges, and using indoor simulators. Despite the increasing popularity of golf entertainment facilities, the majority of off-course participation (12 million) still occurs at golf ranges, whether its on-course golfers honing their skills or beginners learning the game.
For the traditional game, perhaps the most critical metric is the stable pool of roughly 20 million dedicated golfers. This group, estimated at 19.5 million Americans in 2018, accounts for 95% of all rounds-played and spending, and therefore is vital to golf businesses and those who make a living in the industry. Dedicated golfers represent 81% of those who play. READ MORE
CREATING THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT FOR SUCCESS [CMAA]
Most clubs focus on design only as it relates to physical renovations and rebuilds. But did you know you can design your culture as well?Culture happens. And it will happen without you knowing it unless you deliberately design your culture to be the environment you want.
If you’re like most managers, you know there’s room for improvement in one or more areas. So how do you tackle the issues and close the gap? You have to walk before you can run. It would be rare to find a club these days without a mission, a vision and values that are well defined. If you haven’t established these cornerstones to your organization, this is a must-do step. The most effective cultural change comes when those on the front lines have an active voice in creating it.
In her article for the Club Management Association of America (CMAA), author Pamela B. Radcliff, SHRM-SCP, CAM, explains the three steps that can help create a positive culture at your club. READ MORE
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes
- We’re just getting started! Round 2 of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur is underway! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
for live scores, match pairings and more: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 Likes