CONDUCTING NET COMPETITIONS UNDER THE WORLD HANDICAP SYSTEM
The World Handicap System is comprised of the Rules of Handicapping and the Course Rating System. The Rules of Handicapping replaced the USGA Handicap System, which had been in place since 1911, and the USGA Course Rating System became the Course Rating System.
To assist golf course operators and club committees with conducting net competitions under the World Handicap System, the USGA has produced an easy-to-follow, one-page guide that gives a brief overview of key areas. Among the topics covered include: Which Terms of the Competition should be communicated in advance; Where does rounding take place in the Playing Handicap calculation; and How should the Committee handle multi-round competitions.
BENEFITS OF BEING A YOUTH ON COURSE PARTNER CLUB
Encouraged by a successful 2020 introductory campaign in San Antonio, the (TGAF), with the support of local golf clubs, is looking to expand the popular, nationwide (YOC) program throughout the rest of Texas in 2021.
Established in 2006 by the Northern California Golf Association, YOC is a non-profit organization dedicated to opening doors, supporting dreams and transforming the lives of young people through opportunities on and off the course, including subsidized golf to make the game more appealing, inclusive and accessible to nurture the next generation of lovers of the game.
It’s easy for clubs to join the YOC network, and participating courses have the opportunity to fill unused tee times, drive revenue to their courses and welcome in new and loyal customers – all without sacrificing the bottom line.
JOIN THE TGA & SGA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CANCER
The Spirit Golf Association (SGA) recently announced the launch of The Spirit’s Drive to End Cancer, a partnership between the SGA, Texas Golf Association, PGA Professionals and golf clubs nationwide to benefit research initiatives at . Beginning this spring, golf clubs around the country can host local tournaments honoring those facing cancer with proceeds from the events going to MD Anderson.
The Spirit’s Drive to End Cancer was created to bring golfers together and provide facilities the opportunity to host events honoring those we’ve lost or who are struggling with this disease. The funds generated will be donated to MD Anderson, one of the world’s most respected centers for cancer research and care.
“There are more than 29,000 PGA Professionals in the U.S. and thousands more golf professionals throughout the world,” SGA President Charlie Epps said. “Our industry has shown before that it can move mountains, and The Spirit’s Drive to End Cancer is a tremendous opportunity for all of us to band together to eliminate cancer while honoring those we love or have lost.”
Any PGA Professional or club/facility can host their own event this year, honoring or recognizing someone special who has faced cancer.
EXPANDING ROUNDS PLAYED RESEARCH
The National Golf Foundation (NGF) and Golf Datatech, LLC who for years have collaborated in providing the industry with monthly rounds played reports, are heightening their efforts to recruit more golf courses and operators to participate in the ongoing tracking study, with the goal of producing more finely tuned research for every city and state in the U.S.
Golf Datatech and NGF work together to solicit monthly rounds played information from more than 14,000 U.S. golf facilities, aggregating and analyzing data for reports that detail year-over-year changes in play by region and state, as well as in select major cities. Through their combined efforts, the number of participating golf facilities has risen to almost 18% of all U.S. facilities.
As golf courses and other golf related businesses look to learn whether golf’s 2020 gains in participation and play will carry into 2021 and beyond, the industry’s two leading research companies recently met to discuss ways to further improve the rounds played report.
“This is a unique time and it’s more important than ever for everyone in golf to have reliable, timely rounds-played information,” said Tom Stine, co-founder of Golf Datatech. “The more facilities that participate, the more granular the report can be and therefore more helpful to the entire industry. It only requires sending a simple email once a month.”
While continually appreciative of those who participate, NGF and Golf Datatech are looking to engage an even broader range of independent golf course owners and operators, management companies and PGA sections to help with the effort.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 22 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes
- We’re just getting started! Round 2 of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur is underway! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
for live scores, match pairings and more: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 Likes