Stonebridge Ranch Country Club – Dye
Date: February 22-23, 2020
Host Club: Stonebridge Ranch Country Club (Dye Course)
Address: 7003 Beacon Hill Road, McKinney, TX 75070
Phone: (972) 529-5993
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Director, Chris Untiedt
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: January 7th, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: February 14th, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Deadline: January 29th, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $450
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers residing in the North Texas region (31’ parallel, Salado, TX and South is the break point) with a certified WHS Handicap Index of 8.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:a) Top Ten (10) teams in previous year’s North Four-Ball;b) Two (2) Host Club team exemptions. Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players until the published exemption deadline of Wednesday, January 29th at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed, and if the field is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with wait-listed entries. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. For exemption request details, please view TGA Policies and Procedures. Exempt players must enter by the published deadline or they will lose their exempt status and spot in the final field.
Format/Field Size: Play will be contested over 36 holes of Four-Ball stroke play. The field is limited to 40 teams.
What’s Included: The championship entry fee includes greens, cart and range fees for all championship rounds.
Hotel: There is no host hotel for the North Four-Ball. TGA Members can take advantage of Affinity Travel Benefits by utilizing their hotel search engine by clicking here.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1) practice round at the negotiated rate of $45 (plus applicable taxes) including cart. Please contact the host club golf shop for availability and to schedule a practice round.
Registration Information: There is no official on-site registration or check-in required. Players should arrive to their starting tee approximately 8-10 minutes prior to their starting time.
Starting Times/Pairings Information: Starting times/pairings for the first round will be made no later than Wednesday, February 19th online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be available in the evening preceding play (approximately one hour after the completion of play) online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be re-drawn based on total score following the previous rounds of play.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure that competitors have the best possible experience when competing in the championship, it is helpful to be knowledgeable of Texas Golf Association (TGA) Policies and Procedures, Terms of Competition and Local Rules (Hard Card), as established by the association. For more information, please click here. For information specific to the Terms of Competition applicable to this championship, please see below:
Caddies: Caddies are permitted during the championship. Players are responsible for supplying their own caddie for the competition. Caddies must abide by the host facility dress code.
TGA Cart Policy: Information regarding the use and availability of transportation varies between TGA Championships – refer to Tournament Information for the championship in question. Please be advised that in championships where carts are provided, players are encouraged to utilize motorized transportation. In doing so, carts will be limited to two (2) carts per group. New for 2020: While a caddie is not prohibited from riding in the cart, the TGA has adopted a ‘one-seat’ policy as explained below.
‘One-Seat’ Policy: The “one-seat” policy allows either the player or the player’s caddie to ride in or move a golf cart, but not at the same time. The player and the player’s caddie are not allowed to ride in the same or separate carts at the same time.
The player can ride in or move a golf cart with another player in it, so long as the player’s caddie is not riding in another cart at that time.
The player can ride in or move a golf cart with another player’s caddie in it, so long as the player whose caddie is in the cart is not riding in another cart at the same time. As a reminder, players are responsible for the actions of their caddie.
Continued intentional disregard for the policy may result in disqualification following adequate warnings:
- First breach: Verbal reminder from the Committee
- Second breach: Stern reminder from the Committee
- Third breach: Possible disqualification from the Committee
TGA Medical Cart Request Policy
Spectators carts are prohibited. However, spectators in accordance of ADA compliance may request golf carts. Requests for golf carts must be supported by complete documentation, including the fully-completed Cart Request Form and the required accompanying medical documentation specified in that form for all first-time requests. Any medical cart request that is granted by the TGA will be good for that individual for the remainder of that calendar season. A request will not be deemed complete until all required information and documentation has been provided. For further information and details contact Director of Competitions – South Texas, John Cochran IV, [email protected].
Schedule of Events
All events will take place at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club, unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Saturday, February 22nd
8:00 AM Round 1 begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Sunday, February 23rd
8:00 AM Final Round begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ...
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ...
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ...
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ...
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below.
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard